[Post New]by galphimia on Sep 1, 11 2:56 AM
60 minutes - 35 % !!!!!!!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:DOWNLOAD

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 1, 11 3:03 AM
3 hours - 70% of the trial (163 M , and 2 "download time out"...

outrageous!!!

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 1, 11 3:14 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:3 hours - 70% of the trial (163 M , and 2 "download time out"...

outrageous!!!

I have had this with a couple of games recently but not since they updated the new GM.

The trial version took about 5 minutes and I'm now just downloading the full version. I'm at 50% in 5 mins.

I don't understand why some people have a problem with DL and others have no problem at all.

BillTheOne
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by BillTheOne on Sep 1, 11 3:15 AM
100% took 5min on Road Runner

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 1, 11 3:31 AM
Hallelulah! it has just finished downloading at last ... it took 2 hours 45 minutes total for the sample 163.58 Mb, goodness knows how long it will take the 354.86 Mb if I ever decide to buy it .

I really feel for you Rebecca and Galphimia .

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 1, 11 3:44 AM
Janpack, I am jealous!!!

Thanks, cherb! I feel down, need some hugs...

haggishead
Shark
Shark
13,780 Posts

[Post New]by haggishead on Sep 1, 11 4:11 AM
I had no problem with trial download but having now purchased the game the d/l stuck at 12% and would not move.

Have uninstalled and will try again tomorrow.

[Post New]by hannibal884 on Sep 1, 11 4:18 AM
After 2 1/2 hours still only 65% !!! And had a download time out message, sooooo frustrating

puzzle_player
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by puzzle_player on Sep 1, 11 4:40 AM
5 min 100% full version.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 1, 11 5:21 AM
I think it depends on your internet connection. The download took me only 2 minutes

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Sep 1, 11 5:49 AM
It is NOT my Internet Connection. It's now 14:45 here in Austria, downloaded again, took 3 minutes. But now I cannot close the GM any more.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 1, 11 5:57 AM
Took 9 minutes from start of D/L to end of installation. I never have been able to figure out why some take so long and others, like this one, go so quickly. It doesn't appear to have a lot to do with size except for LFGs.

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Sep 1, 11 6:17 AM
4 minutes 23 seconds for the trial to download and install, which included the 4 seconds it took the game manager to open. During that time I was listening to audio files as well as reading the forum.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 1, 11 6:23 AM
My desk top is antique and this downloaded in less than 15 min. I didn't time it but between 10 and 15.
The only problem I had is after installation I had two of the same demo in my Game Manager. I closed the manager and reopened. From that point everything was great.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Sep 1, 11 7:11 AM
30 mins. 15% downloaded, I have tried to pause and resume the file, but won't budge!
I never had this problem before, and my connection runs in a large broadband, I had the same problem yesterday trying to download a beta tester file I was sent, it got stuck to 1%.
Well I am sure it's just a temporary issue, I hope so!!

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Sep 1, 11 7:17 AM
It took about 5 min. also.

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Sep 1, 11 8:40 AM
After reading about extreme DL times, I decided to time mine.
1 minute DL
1 minute install
20 seconds activation.

Obviously I've got a fast cable hook-up.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 1, 11 9:53 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Janpack, I am jealous!!!

Thanks, cherb! I feel down, need some hugs...

I feel quite guilty that my DL was so fast but believe me, it will be worth the wait. I've been playing the game for about 7 hours and have just finished the main game - leaving the bonus chapter until tomorrow.

[Post New]by oldladylinda on Sep 1, 11 9:58 AM
Don't know if it will help anyone, but I use a download accelerator. Took less than minute to finish. I download also quite a few books per week and ran across an accelerator. If interested just put in search and then research . just remember to open it every so long and delete files. I' been using one for over a year and big difference.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 1, 11 12:18 PM
Hello everyone,

If you are having troubles with a long download, please first take a look at this help article:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If these steps do not help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to look into this issue for you.

I will be locking this thread to keep all technical issues/questions in one area, but please feel free to post all posts technical here. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: