Can I use my punch card credits to buy? I'm a newbie.

[Post New]by riverkeeper on Sep 1, 11 5:33 PM
I thought I read we could use two punch card credits to buy collector edition games. I tried and it won't let me use the punch card codes. Is there a trick or did I misread the memo? Please help!

Re:Can I use my punch card credits to buy? I'm a newbie.

[Post New]by jeannette120 on Sep 1, 11 5:35 PM
Nope...it says that punch card credits cannot be used to buy collector's editions.

[Post New]by riverkeeper on Sep 1, 11 5:39 PM
Thank you.
I bought a lot of games to get 4 punch card credits. Won't do that again. Have a great Holiday weekend.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Can I use my punch card credits to buy? I'm a newbie.

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 1, 11 5:46 PM
riverkeeper wrote:I thought I read we could use two punch card credits to buy collector edition games. I tried and it won't let me use the punch card codes. Is there a trick or did I misread the memo? Please help!

It's your game club credits that you can use for collector edition games. The ones you get for being a member. 1 each month. So yes you'd have to save your game clue credits to be able to purchase a collectors edition. Not punch card credits. These can only be used towards standard edition games.

Nevan
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Nevan on Sep 1, 11 6:28 PM
I misunderstood too. I also have 4 game club credits to be used by the end of the month (next month too). I wish that BFG would just put the credits all together and accessible (without having to go back and forth to email) for their loyal customers. If we have four credits, obviously that customer is a loyal and returning customer. I wouldn't even care about the collector's editions ... just put the credits along with our monthly game club credit and put an astrick next to it saying it can't be used for CEs. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. My other big wish (which is buried in the chit chat after I posted it in Tech Talk) is that they'd add a check mark box on the Game Manager so that you can check off when you finish a game. I don't delete my games and I have more games than time to play them. It would be nice to see exactly what I haven't played yet. These are mostly Daily Deals that I checked the forums to see if it was a well-liked game and then just bought it, knowing I wouldn't get to it that day. Oh well.

[Post New]by riverkeeper on Sep 1, 11 8:04 PM
Thank you for your help. What a great bunch of people! I have an idea that I want to propose to Big Fish. Why not let us use our punch card points to buy credits?

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 1, 11 8:18 PM
Nevan wrote:I misunderstood too. I also have 4 game club credits to be used by the end of the month (next month too). I wish that BFG would just put the credits all together and accessible (without having to go back and forth to email) for their loyal customers. If we have four credits, obviously that customer is a loyal and returning customer. I wouldn't even care about the collector's editions ... just put the credits along with our monthly game club credit and put an astrick next to it saying it can't be used for CEs. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. My other big wish (which is buried in the chit chat after I posted it in Tech Talk) is that they'd add a check mark box on the Game Manager so that you can check off when you finish a game. I don't delete my games and I have more games than time to play them. It would be nice to see exactly what I haven't played yet. These are mostly Daily Deals that I checked the forums to see if it was a well-liked game and then just bought it, knowing I wouldn't get to it that day. Oh well.

Okay as far as game club credits expiring those don't unless you cancel your membership then you have 180 days to use them.

Punch card credits expire in 60 days.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 1, 11 8:43 PM
Hey Riverkeeper--Don't mistake "Game Club Credits" for "PunchCard Coupon Codes"--"Credits" (2) can be used to buy a CE, but "Coupon Codes" can't be used (yet). No expiration on "Credits," 2-month expiration on "Coupon Codes."

Hey Nevan--Yes, it would be a nice addition to the BFG GM to somehow annotate which games you've finished, but you'd be adding even more memory usage to an already-too-big memory hog.

I can't agree with you about not "deleting" games that you've played. I uninstall a game when I've finished it--the game just goes into the "My Account--Purchase History" archive at BFG. If I want to play a game again, 2 or 3 clicks is all it takes to re-install the thing. I can't afford the space it would take to have 200-or-so games on my hard drive!

Regards, elldee

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 8:47:45 PM PST

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Sep 1, 11 9:04 PM
Nevan wrote:My other big wish (which is buried in the chit chat after I posted it in Tech Talk) is that they'd add a check mark box on the Game Manager so that you can check off when you finish a game. I don't delete my games and I have more games than time to play them. It would be nice to see exactly what I haven't played yet.

I'd like to second that! I can't say how many times I've had a game I thought I'd finished a game only to find out I hadn't by the time I get back to it, I've lost the thread of what I was trying to do. I'd really love to be able to mark games complete so that I can go back and polish them off before I go on to other games.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 1, 11 9:09 PM
It is kinda hard to wrap the mind around these policies, the whys and wherefores that may seem unfair.. If you are rather new reading forums you've missed a lot of threads sorting it out to make sense. The difference between pc credits (rewards) and monthly membership dues (for one game) is that credits are your money, prepaid membership to spend when and how you please. Punch rewards for buying x amount of games belong to BF for 60 days. you did not buy them To be brief it is all to do with accountng methods and taxes IRS and other jurisictions and laws Picman, BF founder, joined in some threads to explain it in layman's terms. In fact, if punch rewards are not used in 60 days BF has to pay taxes on their value as assets since they own them. Thus they write them off the books after 60 days. And there is no carryover to another month unused. It is normal biz practice, as in stores buy one get one free this week or month only. We buy 6, get one free for 60 days.

That said, the shopping cart check out software finally got programmed to accept club credits for CEs also foreign currencies and that took over a year to change over. If you have just one monthly credit you can pay cash for another and then run them through for a CEon checkout, but not mix with cash or a pc credit in checkout. In future there may a "Phase 2" in the works to use differet methods that were discussed.

Accounting can be a pretty boring topic but the little he explained made sense to me and was enlightening, understandable.. It's all to do where money is allocated that we spend and how/when they pay developers they represent and their taxes I guessi it would be like if we bought with part dollars and part monopoly money?

You can buy any regular $6.99 game with a pc credit (think coupons) but best to pay cash above your club credit for sales and DDs they have more value, Hope this lends some clarification. Good question but not so simple answer.
PZ

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 1, 11 9:53 PM
@ Nevan and Jimmycat, Eldee is right, the more they add to GM featurs the slower it is going to get, already overloaded. My old pc XP ws slowing down so much I also had to uninstall a LOT of games and sure speeded up

Maybe my method would help you organize easily. Each game plants its icon on desktop and I open games from there, not open GM. Depending on your own desktop space you can drag icons to rows, new not played on left side waiting, in progress started but not finished in another are, demos not bought (wish list) on the right with y BF more good games icon. I dont use my laptop for anything but gmes so save all icons on it in groups. Another group is Finished but mmay want to play again, like Match 3s, go to games.

Limited space on pc desktop so I create folders and drag the icons to the folders, New, In Progress, Finished, Demos. Just right click on desktop, menu New Folder and give it name. I like genres, folder for all M3s and Arcade are in one for that mood, Hogs, etc so not much clluttering desktop and very easy to find, know ifi played or whatever.

I only open GM to see demo time left or Trial Expired. Ii don't use Trash can but uninstall from Cintrol Panel Remove Prog which i thinkk cleans out a lot of hidden files nd is quick. I iwasi surprisedi to seei evien demosi were still on that prog list on WinXP so delete those if not bought.
I am comfortable knowing all my games are archived in History of My Account since I've gone through a crash and lost them and progress, or bought a new laptop so only load current on it mostly so it isn't so cluttered. Last coount over 200 games and probably close too 400 now, many CE long file, resource hogs. Actually I keep notes on a pad each month of each game filing punch card and lately I put a checkmark on name when finished. (not many overbiught sales. But I need to know which mchine it is on when I want to play, pc or laptop,and that helps. GM is different list on each, whichever I d/l onto, sometimes both to test how iit runs, widescreen W7 or normal monitor XP.Nothing beats an old pen and pad for quick notekeeping.

Keep it simple and game on

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 9:54:00 PM PST

Go to: