Oh my, might have to buy another DD.
BBL with some comments.

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Todays DD 2 September 11

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Sep 2, 11 5:56 AM
I had an error when I closed out the game the first time. Nothing serious and I was able to bring up Task Manager and close out with no effort.

Closed out the second time perfectly. I used the Esc key to close down, and everything functioned properly.

I really am liking this game....especially for the 2.99 DD price. Nice soft, almost soothing music, with the church bells ringing off and on. Plus subtle pub background laughter and chatter making the self described 'seedy pub' believable. Totally transports me into London and jolly ole England, with the fog, and opening sepia scenes. Nice touch. Love the atmosphere it creates.

The HOG scenarios are of a gorgeous color, with excellent graphics. The music and graphics are the most important part of a game for me. And imo this is not an easy game, but it does offer enough easy situations and or alternative gaming options to make it well worth my effort.

The Hidden Objects are very well hidden, including plenty of hints (so far) with the ability to skip the puzzles. The skip is important in trial demo for me, and then I can go back and play the game to see if I can eventially figure the puzzles out in another profile. Or if my puzzle frustration level is high (usual for me) I can move on while still having fun.

So far I have not had a cursor penalty for clicking too much, as it seems to encourage clicking to find the clues that would sometimes take the magnifying glass option - that is not available here.

No walkthrough either, so I guess this game is also not as complex as brain surgery - hooray for gamers like me - and I am once again thoroughly enjoying myself. I am still in the demo and hoping it will go on for the approximately 3 hours that someone else in an earlier forum post estimated.

Hope you all give it a try (if you haven't before....or even if you have tried it before, why not give it a second chance?) OMG I am such a happy 2.99 camper!!!!

To keep it short and sweet in summation....as someone else said earlier;
Tried it, Liked it, Bought it!

A really neat game at a really WOW price.
3+ and at this price 4!!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 2, 11 1:21 PM
I didn't think this game was worth $2.99. So many of the objects are to hard to find. Even after asking for a hint, the area is circled, and I still can't see the object. The curser is way to large as well. I became bored very quickly and deleted the game.

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Sep 2, 11 1:46 PM
Not a bad little game! Tougher than it looks, but not in a bad way. Quite a few of the objects are hidden in plain sight--big, but at the bottom of the screen, etc.

There are two modes, "Rookie" and "Detective." "Detective" is timed, and you can get more time on the clock by finding fingerprints in each scene. Some of the fingerprints are small, but others are so big that you look right through them. You can also get more time on the clock by finding objects in rapid succession. However, there is a 10-second penalty for misclicking. Finding a badge in each scene will give you another hint.

The puzzles are simple, but fun: spot-the-difference, swapping tiles to form a picture, putting colored keys in locks in the right order, etc.

I'm enjoying it, and you can't beat the price.

[Post New]by Dark_Promise on Sep 2, 11 6:18 PM
Good game. Those that know a lot about the case will enjoy it and those that don't will find it an education. I have been interested in it since I was a kid and I was very pleased at the way they handled the known facts. They did a good job describing things and not getting too graphic. They also referenced the book by Patricia Cornwell, one of the best out there IMHO. I just finished on the easy mode and will go back later and try on the timed. Looking for the fingerprints and badges adds a bit of extra interest. Some things were small, some things are not common in the US like cricket stumps, but all in all a good game and worth the DD

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Sep 2, 11 7:44 PM
Well rats. Another game that is too tiny to play. Wish "full screen" was actually true. I could barely read the type.

Go to: