Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Can any fishes help

[Post New]by Bidme on Sep 2, 11 1:13 AM
I can't seem to buy this game or others, I can get into my account, I can down load trials. but my internet explorer keeps telling me there's a prob with the website when I go to buy, I've done the green enverlope, Any other fishes had this prob in the past? Last game I brought was 4 days ago and it was fine. Any help would be welcome

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

Re:Can any fishes help

[Post New]by sandhan on Sep 2, 11 1:30 AM
The exact same thing happened to me just now. I thought maybe "someone" was trying to tell me I've been buying too many games, but think it's more likely the Game Manager. I kept trying, since I wanted to buy the DD before it expired. Then I tried buying Crime Solitare with a punch card credit. Sometimes I'd get partway through the process before it dumped me out. Apparently any step I managed to accomplish was registered, because eventually I got a message saying, "You have already bought this game. Check your purchase history and download it." So I checked, and sure enough, it was there, and I downloaded it, and it plays fine. I hope this is a temporary problem; it's way too much hassle to be going through all the time. Good luck; let me know if your problem resolves itself.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 2, 11 1:36 AM
Hi there,
Are you both trying to purchase this game through the GM or the website?
If it is the GM, it may have gone through but is not showing as activated yet. Try checking your purchase history on the My Account tab on the website to see if it has been accepted.
If it is there, install from the website. If not, purchase it from the website and install again.
Maybe this could help you.
Cheers

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Sep 2, 11 1:37 AM
Thanks for your reply, but I can't even get the webpage to open, to buy I've gone through the GM and website, it won't open the page to buy

Edited on 09/02/2011 at 1:39:57 AM PST

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginny46 on Sep 2, 11 2:04 AM
Trying to buy this game with the SUMMERTIME code. Keeps telling me code is invalid! Any help here???

Softhaze
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Softhaze on Sep 2, 11 2:09 AM
ginny46 wrote:Trying to buy this game with the SUMMERTIME code. Keeps telling me code is invalid! Any help here???

Yes, try using SUMMERSALE bfg have got the wrong code up.

Good luck

ETA
BC I can't spell the word good

Edited on 09/02/2011 at 2:52:00 AM PST

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginny46 on Sep 2, 11 2:14 AM
Great! It worked! Thank You

vloert
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by vloert on Sep 2, 11 2:59 AM
sandhan wrote:The exact same thing happened to me just now. I thought maybe "someone" was trying to tell me I've been buying too many games, but think it's more likely the Game Manager. I kept trying, since I wanted to buy the DD before it expired. Then I tried buying Crime Solitare with a punch card credit. Sometimes I'd get partway through the process before it dumped me out. Apparently any step I managed to accomplish was registered, because eventually I got a message saying, "You have already bought this game. Check your purchase history and download it." So I checked, and sure enough, it was there, and I downloaded it, and it plays fine. I hope this is a temporary problem; it's way too much hassle to be going through all the time. Good luck; let me know if your problem resolves itself.

Had exactly the same problem yesterday.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 2, 11 7:28 AM
Hi bidme Ihad the same problem as you trying to buy grim tales the bride , I tried to buy from the GM no luck then the web page with a message web page epired then it would take me back to BF home page . I then followed sandhan's advice went to my purchase history and it was there so just needed installing . I was using one of my 4 PC coupons so cant wait to try the other 3 .What is going on just lately never had these problems before !!!!

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Sep 2, 11 7:29 PM
Just a suggestion: Bidme, you say you're using Internet Explorer. I've found that different browsers work better for different game sites, and for BFG I get better results with Opera, a sleek Scandinavian browser that is free and fast. (That is, better results with the BFG site, but awful with another game site which cannot be named here, but which works much better with IE. Go figure.) You might also try Mozilla Firefox, but for BFG I stick with Opera.

Go to: