bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Grim Tales: The Bride technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 2, 11 1:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 10:26:36 AM PST

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Bride technical issues here only

[Post New]by glb613 on Sep 2, 11 3:48 AM
Why can't I use the code SUMMERTIME for this game?

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Sep 2, 11 4:13 AM
The code should be SUMMERSALE. I just bought it. BF posted the wrong code.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Sep 2, 11 4:41 AM
This game downloads to 98% then stops. Nothing I've tried works. If I can't contact someone or get this game to work, I'll cancel my membership. I've had nothing but problems since the new game manager was installed.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Sep 2, 11 6:12 AM
glb613 wrote:This game downloads to 98% then stops. Nothing I've tried works. If I can't contact someone or get this game to work, I'll cancel my membership. I've had nothing but problems since the new game manager was installed.

I had the same problem took 2 hours to download what i did is click on pause game and than on continue dl. it helped but took 2 hours, but i like the game so i waited for it

sdannenb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sdannenb on Sep 2, 11 7:37 AM
My game keeps freezing in the star puzzle (where you have to get the colored squares around the same colored pegs. The cursor just stops working. I have end tasked the game but when I restart it I am just back in the same mini game with the frozen cursor. Any suggestions?

sdannenb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sdannenb on Sep 2, 11 9:05 AM
I attempted to play again by starting a new profile. Unfortunately the same thing happened.

Nevan
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Nevan on Sep 2, 11 9:29 AM
I can't believe this game was released as an SE before the CE issues were fixed. There's still a few of us that STILL can't play the game even though we reinstalled and created multiple profiles (meaning starting the game over and over ... for me, I'm on my third profile). I'm outraged.

Zoolady
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Zoolady on Sep 2, 11 11:16 AM
I put my name and when it went to the first sparkle area and brought up what you need to find, the screen went to the main screen. Tried three times with same results. Had to use ctrl alt delete task manager to get out. Unfortunately this one is getting deleted. Elephant games are usually great. Will have to miss out on this one.

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on Sep 2, 11 1:19 PM
sdannenb wrote:My game keeps freezing in the star puzzle (where you have to get the colored squares around the same colored pegs. The cursor just stops working. I have end tasked the game but when I restart it I am just back in the same mini game with the frozen cursor. Any suggestions?

Same issue here, which I didn't encounter when playing the CE. I am glad I decided to play the trial before I bought it. I finally thought BFG had gotten their issues resolved for the most part, but apparently, I was very wrong!!!

[Post New]by Happy_Gardener on Sep 2, 11 4:21 PM
deelberger wrote:
sdannenb wrote:My game keeps freezing in the star puzzle (where you have to get the colored squares around the same colored pegs. The cursor just stops working. I have end tasked the game but when I restart it I am just back in the same mini game with the frozen cursor. Any suggestions?

Same issue here, which I didn't encounter when playing the CE. I am glad I decided to play the trial before I bought it. I finally thought BFG had gotten their issues resolved for the most part, but apparently, I was very wrong!!!

[Post New]by Happy_Gardener on Sep 2, 11 4:23 PM
I have had the same problem with the same puzzle. However I did not have this problem with the CE. I also was looking forward to the purchase of this game.......oh well!!

cajcaj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by cajcaj on Sep 2, 11 4:44 PM
Happy_Gardener wrote:I have had the same problem with the same puzzle. However I did not have this problem with the CE. I also was looking forward to the purchase of this game.......oh well!!

Count me as another one - i just played the trial for about 30 mins with no issues until i got to this puzzle on the RIP gravestone. Eventually just froze and nothing works. Even closing out of the game and re-opening.

[Post New]by cyruskenya on Sep 2, 11 5:08 PM
For me the game works fine, but when I go to exit via the menu screen I click on "Main Menu", nothing happens. I click on "Resume Game", nothing happens. I had to control, alt, delete to get out of the game.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Sep 2, 11 5:47 PM

Mine also. I have had to shut down the PC as it got stuck totally on that game and could not do anything. What is the code name? I used summertime and it let me buy Grim Tales: The Bride. Now.............nothing.

This grandma is totally bummed.

in OKC

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Sep 2, 11 7:47 PM
Try SUMMERSALE.

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on Sep 2, 11 8:01 PM
cajcaj wrote:
Happy_Gardener wrote:I have had the same problem with the same puzzle. However I did not have this problem with the CE. I also was looking forward to the purchase of this game.......oh well!!

Count me as another one - i just played the trial for about 30 mins with no issues until i got to this puzzle on the RIP gravestone. Eventually just froze and nothing works. Even closing out of the game and re-opening.

Same here. I even tried the "Skip" button & the "Reset" button. Could not even use "Escape", had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
This game looked really interesting, too. I certainly hope this gets fixed, I would like to buy it.

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by momshere on Sep 2, 11 9:25 PM
CalifDreaming wrote:
cajcaj wrote:

Same here. I even tried the "Skip" button & the "Reset" button. Could not even use "Escape", had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
This game looked really interesting, too. I certainly hope this gets fixed, I would like to buy it.

Another vote for the "Lock up on the star puzzle". I managed to play it for a while before it locked up, now I've tried everything to get out of it, short of creating a new profile, and I guess that's next.

[Post New]by Pinkcritter on Sep 2, 11 10:43 PM
Same problem for me too re: RIP Star Box puzzle. Just froze up after a few moves. I also re-booted and came back in to the same place in the puzzle and it was still frozen. I got out of it and started a new profile, started the game over again and had the same problem when I got the RIP Star Box puzzle. Is there a patch for this game? I also played the demo of the CE without any glitches. I just purchased this game tonight!! I really was enjoying it so hopefully there is a fix?!!!!!

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Sep 3, 11 2:17 AM
Same here, RIP puzzle is freezing. No way to get out !!! I am very angry now !!!

Go to: