nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Disappointing error in the achievement system

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 2, 11 12:22 PM
I completed the game once and am now replaying with a different profile. The achievement accounting has been retained from the old profile, making it impossible for me to see if I can get all the achievements in one round of playing the game. Even more importantly, it makes it impossible for another family member who plays this game to receive an accounting of their achievements.

Hope they will come up with a fix for this.

Edited on 09/02/2011 at 12:23:32 PM PST

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

Re:Disappointing error in the achievement system

[Post New]by dvdiva on Sep 2, 11 3:16 PM
I asked the developer about this, and they said it was intentional. A complete set of achievements was dfficult to get, even for the testers. So they decided to do it this way to make it kinder, especially for those who are OC.

So let's say if you were missing only 1 achievement, another family member could play with another profile and it would add up to the collective total. So it's like you're all working together for the same goal.

If you don't want the achievements to add up, you can always delete your previous profile and that will erase everything from the record.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 2, 11 3:56 PM
dvdiva wrote:I asked the developer about this, and they said it was intentional. A complete set of achievements was dfficult to get, even for the testers. So they decided to do it this way to make it kinder, especially for those who are OC.

So let's say if you were missing only 1 achievement, another family member could play with another profile and it would add up to the collective total. So it's like you're all working together for the same goal.

If you don't want the achievements to add up, you can always delete your previous profile and that will erase everything from the record.

I can understand that thinking if you played again under the same profile. Other games such as MCF have used that approach with cumulative achievements. It would seem that it would be simple to leave the achievements for more than one game under the same profile, but put them back at zero for a different profile. I was half way through the game before I realized. Deleting the profile would mean starting over. I really did want to see how many I could get with one round of the game. Like I said having it one way for same profile and starting new with a different one would seem to accomplish both goals.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 3, 11 5:04 AM
The advice about deleting the previous profile does not work. I deleted all my previous profiles, started again and the achievement list did not erase.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 3, 11 6:23 AM
I have Windows 7. My profiles and achievements are located in:
C - Users - (my user name) - AppData - Roaming- Boomzap - AwakeningTheGoblinKing - CE

When you open the CE folder there are 3 files;
awaken3 - Text Document
awakening3_bzp - RMS file
awakening3_bzp - RMS file

If you delete all three of those files your profiles and achievements will be gone. You can also move those 3 files to another location so you can bring them back if you want. If you bring them back at a later time they would replace your newer game profile. It appears that this game will only allow one "achievements" profile.

I agree that the achievements should be tied to each profile. That gives the game owner/player the choice of how they want to play the game. I hope the developers will fix this and give the people who purchase the game the control of how they play it.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 3, 11 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info, LizzieK. I will give that a try.

Edit: Unfortunately that didn't work for me. I have Vista and found the Awakening file in C drive, but couldn't find a folder that contains the profiles and achievements.

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 11:24:57 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 3, 11 12:43 PM
The profiles are not in the same place where the game program is. You cannot find them within the game program.

The problem may be that your settinsg on your computer may not allow you to see hidden files. Most computers have the default settings to hide many files. You can go into your Vista help and search for “show hidden files”. You should find info on how to show hidden files. I always check the box to show hidden files, otherwise I would not be able to locate many things I look for.

After you have chosen the option to see hidden files you should be able to find the profile files by going into the Users folder and follow the path I posted above.

Good luck!

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 1:05:09 PM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 3, 11 1:52 PM
That worked perfectly. Thank you so much. They probably hide those things from people like me who could do great damage in our ignorance.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 3, 11 1:58 PM
Yeah! Now you can be off to collect all the Acheivements you can carry.

I still hope the developer fixes this so gamers don't have to go to the trouble to find and implement a "work around".

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 2:00:32 PM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 4, 11 10:18 PM
dvdiva wrote:I asked the developer about this, and they said it was intentional. A complete set of achievements was dfficult to get, even for the testers. So they decided to do it this way to make it kinder, especially for those who are OC.

That's a shame. You should be able to replay with the SAME PROFILE to complete achievements over multiple game plays but each different profile should be like starting completely fresh. And you certainly should NOT have to delete a profile for that to happen. I hope they see this and put out a fix for it. Was it this way in the previous games?? I don't remember having a problem with it before.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 5, 11 2:08 PM
Even if you delete your profile that is in the game the achievements do not go away.

You have to go outside the game program and find your profile in your computer and delete three files from the saved game files in order to start the achievements over.

The previous Awakening games did not have achievements.

Edited on 09/05/2011 at 2:38:02 PM PST

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Sep 17, 11 9:01 AM
LizzieK wrote:I still hope the developer fixes this so gamers don't have to go to the trouble to find and implement a "work around".

x 2 !

Thanks a million LizzieK for the workaround.

[Post New]by mamallama08 on Sep 22, 11 7:46 PM
I would like to add my voice: please make a fix for this and give it to us paying customers! I made a new profile, to see if I could beat my first set of achievements...but all I am doing is filling in the gaps? I would like to play against myself to see if I can do better! Now I am half way in a new profile...I would have to delete everything to start ALL over. I wish I had known about this before I began my second game.

[Post New]by mamallama08 on Sep 27, 11 2:27 PM
Also, for XP users, you will need a different path. First make sure to show hidden folders, as mentioned. Then go to: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Boomzap\AwakeningTheGoblinKingdom\CE

where YOUR NAME is your profile name, obviously There you will find the 3 files LizzieK mentioned. When you delete them, it deletes all your profiles and accomplishments, so you can try again!

Go to: