kateinaz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

okay...I am good and truly stuck

[Post New]by kateinaz on Sep 2, 11 8:51 PM
even WITH the SG. I don't think this has ever happened before lol. I have all kinds of stuff in inventory, including a screwdriver, glass shard in the leather scrap, dropper, bucket (the sink says I don't need any more water and I used the cork on the boat), pendant, matches, 1 of 6 brass wedges and 2 of 3 skull plates. I DON'T have the second metal figurine that I need to open the door in the church basement. I've played the HOS for one of the metal figurines and placed it in the door in the church basement. I opened the box where the second figurine is to be found according the the SG, but it is not in my inventory, and I can no longer click on the box (the one with the numeric combination). All of the other pieces of the door are in place. I'm guessing no one can help me with this since it sounds like I've lost an inventory item (the metal figurine from the combination box), but thought I'd put it out there just in case. Doesn't look like I can progress without opening that door, even with all the other stuff in inventory

oh, AND my hint button has quit entirely. Absolutely nothing from it no matter where I am when I click. Previously it was showing me active items or at least the direction arrow to follow. Now zip....grrrr.

Edited on 09/02/2011 at 8:53:50 PM PST

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:okay...I am good and truly stuck

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Sep 2, 11 9:29 PM
Have you gone back and put all your evidence in order? I found that to be the key to moving on many times.

kateinaz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by kateinaz on Sep 2, 11 9:52 PM
bonnie112345 wrote:Have you gone back and put all your evidence in order? I found that to be the key to moving on many times.

multiple times, but I will try again. thanks for responding

[Post New]by smileyHOG on Oct 4, 11 5:44 PM
I am in the exact same position. So you know that it is not just you. No figurine, unable to click the box, no other HOGs available, and broken hint clock. Maybe it is because we put the other figurine in the door first...who knows, but we are not only stuck, we have an item that we should not have, skull piece 2 of 3. The game is fun, but I know that we will have to start over from the beginning in order to solve it. I may play another game first, then come back to this one.

I do not believe that you will be able to progress without starting over.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 4, 11 7:13 PM
Yes, clicking on the evidence board was usually the key to see how mine matches up with the game one. And what throws me is an inventory item found early in the game that is stilll there near the end (excess baggage) As I recall that piece in the second box isn't accessible until way later from when you find the first one.

I used SG plus the WT for the SE and spent a LOT of time scrolling back to see where I missed something. Sometimes my inventory didn't match their's so I'd think I missed something. Even though I wasted hours getting lost or "stuck" I liked it so much I kept going, took me 3 nights, was worth it. I had the CE then thought there was no SG for the extra play but found it.

I'm such a dumbo I kept going all the way back to her room to click the wall to find the evidence. Finally realized there is a shortcut right on the screen. My only wish is to have an interactive map to switch locations, nnot all the trekking backk for one missing item when you finallly can use it. I just found the SG lacking so filled in with the WT.

Hope you find your way out of "stuck", if I did anybody can.

puzzled one

[Post New]by ArtifexMundi on Oct 4, 11 10:53 PM
Hi kateinaz,

Did you download and installed the fixed version pulished Sept. 26? Your description of the problem fits the technical bug which in this version is corrected; most probably the zoom-in with the box closed after you picked up one item but before you could pick up the second one. The Hint button does not show anything because the game "thinks" you have already picked the metal figurine, though you don't have it in the inventory, so there is no possible action to be performed.

If you have the old version, please uninstall it, download and reinstall the new one. If you do have the fixed version, then possibly my assumption that this is *this* issue might be wrong...

Best,
Artifex Mundi team

Go to: