jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

hints/suggestions

[Post New]by jellow10 on Sep 3, 11 9:13 AM
I purchased this game last night and am enjoying playing it, but I was just wondering if anyone has any hints or suggestions for the game. I just got a new powerup--the dog unit--but I don't really know how or when to use it and what it's supposed to do. So if any fishies are better at this one than I am, I'm all ears.....except I guess fish don't have ears.

Re:hints/suggestions

[Post New]by jeannette120 on Sep 3, 11 7:30 PM
I agree, I dont fully understand this power-up and it only renews when you get a full house. I've played for at least 5 hours and have never had a full house. So I'm not sure it is really worth it.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Sep 4, 11 3:14 AM
Hi guys

You can acquire the use of a dog unit for scoring a 'clean sweep', not a full house. A clean sweep is where you remove all the cards and clear the level without turning over any new base cards, though you're permitted to use other power-ups and bullets in order to do it.

It will automatically complete a level for you, and give you a nominal amount of cash for doing so. It can be useful in circumstances where you're having difficulty in removing a lot of cards from a level, and if you're having trouble getting the last few dollars in order to issue a warrant. That said, it's something of a red herring. While it can be useful in very specific circumstances, in the general course of play you won't really need to use it. It's arguably the least useful of all the power-ups.

Note that you can only carry one dog unit power-up at once.

Hope this helps!

Dave
DesktopGaming

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Jan 31, 12 12:59 AM
Um...Desktop Gaming:

I know that this is your game, and you should know better than I do...but I've been playing this game A LOT and I've gotten the "dog" when I've had a Full House (A-K in one play without turning over another card).

If, indeed, the "dog" card is for a "clean sweep", then the trophies are wrong because I've gotten 3 "dog" cards but never a "clean sweep" trophy!

I use the dog card on those tough boards where you've played 20 times and STILL haven't beat it and don't want to give up. Play the card and it's like winning the round...I DON'T think you get any money though....which IMHO isn't very fair!!!

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jan 31, 12 7:13 AM

Yes, I meant a Full House!!

In my defence, I'd finished writing the game quite a while before it was released so the some details of it had seeped out of my sieve-like brain in the meantime. So, thanks for the correction!

Regarding the money - you do get some, but how much you get depends on how many cards are left on the board when you use it - you can get nothing if the board is almost completed anyway, though it's fairly random. Even so, if you use the Dog Powerup without playing a single card, you don't get very much - you'll get a heap more cash if you actually play the level and go for 3-up combos and the like.

Dave
DesktopGaming

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Jan 31, 12 7:24 PM

Thanks for the tip on using the dog card!

Edited on 01/31/2012 at 7:25:29 PM PST

Go to: