[Post New]by carla33047 on Jan 5, 09 6:47 PM
Help,I can't get through the chess game,any suggestions???Thanks

MiddleAged
Salmon
Salmon
2,836 Posts

Re:chess game

[Post New]by MiddleAged on Jan 8, 09 12:00 PM
I drew the chessboard on a piece of paper and tried filling in the squares with numbers as the board lit up. I played this game a while ago but I remember this one was hard and frustrating. Hang in there.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 8, 09 12:06 PM
I think the key to winning the Simon says chess game is to not let it rattle you. I think what happens is that once we start to lose the pieces we get unnerved and it seems like there is no time to regroup and get our concentration back. When you hit the wrong square one of your guys blows up and the lights begin immediately to flash on the next sequence. You get distracted and tense up when your guy blows up and will probably miss the next sequence too.

When that happens try to sit back, take a deep breath and relax for a just a few seconds. Then I just hit any key, knowing that I am going to lose another piece, but at least I have had a chance to regroup and regain my concentration and focus and I will have a better chance of winning the next sequence.

For me it helps to set back a little from the screen and focus on the middle of the chess board. Try to stay focused on the middle and try not to let your eyes move and refocus on individual squares as they light up. It’s easier to remember where the lights are if you don’t let your eyes dart around. At the end of a sequence don’t look or even glance to see if one of your guys blew up or one of the other guys blew up. Stay focused and ready for the next sequence.

It takes practice to stay focused and keep your concentration but I think it is a very worthwhile exercise. The more you try it the better you will get at it. I can now play the chess game through and beat it on the first try almost every time, but I couldn’t do that in the beginning. It took practice and patience.

Just as a precaution, if you have an LCD monitor, please do some research before you put cling wrap or sticky notes on your LCD screen. You may not see immediate damage to your monitor but you should know the risks before you touch or apply anything to an LCD screen.

chess game

[Post New]by brendacarroll on Jan 10, 09 12:40 PM
carla33047 wrote:Help,I can't get through the chess game,any suggestions???Thanks

[Post New]by brendacarroll on Jan 10, 09 1:05 PM
i can not find the last chess piece

[Post New]by brendacarroll on Jan 10, 09 4:28 PM
LizzieK wrote:
brendacarroll wrote:i can not find the last chess piece
Hi Brenda, I answered your other post of this same question. Good luck!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 10, 09 5:31 PM
In my photobucket I have 3 pictures that show the possible locations of the chess pieces. The locations can vary slightly in each game. I will send you a message with a link to the pictures.

Good luck with the game!

[Post New]by brendacarroll on Jan 11, 09 9:08 AM
this is brenda carroll i covered uo my chess pieces and beat the game the 2 time that covering up my side made me less nervece thank you

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 11, 09 9:26 AM
brendacarroll wrote:this is brenda carroll i covered uo my chess pieces and beat the game the 2 time that covering up my side made me less nervece thank you
Brenda, That is a great tip! The pieces blowing up does make me nervous too. That is such a great tip to cover them.
Kudos to you!

khimes
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by khimes on Jan 23, 09 4:14 PM
The chess game is maddening! I've been working on it for several days now.. I just can't get it! It goes too fast for me! I wish there was a way to skip this one or slow it down or something! grrrrrrrrrrrrr I can't go any further in the game until I get this.... I get to where I have the opponent has one more and I may have seven or eight men but I keep screwing up! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I don't like this one!

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Feb 7, 09 8:30 AM
I have played this game two times and both times I could not get past the chess game. It goes way too fast and the lights blinking confuse and frustrate me. I am not as young as I used to be.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Feb 11, 09 7:31 PM
I'm with you angelfish! My eyes just can't seem to follow fast enough to see which squares are lit up! I'm going to try covering up the chess pieces as someone suggested & see if that helps. Good luck!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Feb 11, 09 7:39 PM
OK forget it. I tried taping the pages up and all went well until it started speeding up and there were big gaps between lights. I just can't follow it. Well, maybe one of these days my son will come by and he can do it for me. I give up.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 14, 09 6:00 AM
The chess game is a difficult Simon Says puzzle. Up to four lights is easy but at five and six it gets harder. I will offer two things that may help. The way I play this puzzle is to set back a little from the screen and focus on the middle of the chess board. Try to stay focused on the middle and try not to let your eyes move and refocus on individual squares as they light up. It’s easier to remember where the lights are if you don’t let your eyes dart around. I have played it through this way many times.

Another suggestion is to use a clear acrylic or glass cutting board propped up against the top and bottom of the screen and mark on it. If you have an LCD monitor you don’t want to mark on it or put anything against it and mark on it. You can place a cutting board on the base of the monitor and lean it against the top edge of the monitor and it does not touch the screen at all.

Just as a precaution, if you have an LCD monitor, please do some research before you put cling wrap or sticky notes on your LCD screen. You may not see immediate damage to your monitor but you should know the risks before you touch or apply anything to an LCD screen.

When the cutting board is in position you can mark on it with a dry erase marker and it wipes off easily. A large piece of glass from a picture frame would work the same but you would have to be careful not to break it.

When you have marked a sequence of five lights, click on four of them then put your cursor over the fifth one. Take down your acrylic and wipe it off, reposition it, and have your marker ready to write, then click on the last square in the sequence and be ready for the next sequence to start.

Good luck!

Edited on 06/02/2009 at 9:22:38 AM PST

rdrsfan31
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rdrsfan31 on Feb 26, 09 7:00 AM
Does anyone know of a way to either skip the "Simon Says/Follow the Leader" chess game or over-ride it? I don't have a photographic memory, I'm completely stuck and would like to move on. I've been stuck on this part for more than 3 days now, it's ridiculous. I've come to realize that I'm just not that quick and instead of getting completely angry and loose what sanity I have left, I'd rather just be able to skip this part (like the way you could skip puzzles in RTR) and continue on. Is there a way to do this? I've even tried to cover up both sides of the chess board and just concentrate on the middle, (I tried this with my kids' pj shirts) and that didn't work. So I've given up on this particular "puzzle" and just want to move on....is that possible?

Edited on 02/26/2009 at 7:02:58 AM PST

rjohn82677
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by rjohn82677 on Mar 13, 09 4:51 PM
The chess game is impossible. I have tried every suggestion and I just can't get it. I get down to one chess piece and then I can't follow the last puzzle. I have been trying off and on for over a year. Please, is there any way to skip this puzzle and continue the game?

I have never fail at a big fish game, but this one has me beat. HELP!!!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 13, 09 5:56 PM
rjohn82677 wrote:The chess game is impossible. I have tried every suggestion and I just can't get it. I get down to one chess piece and then I can't follow the last puzzle. I have been trying off and on for over a year. Please, is there any way to skip this puzzle and continue the game?

I have never fail at a big fish game, but this one has me beat. HELP!!!!
Unfortunately there are not any skips for anything in this game.

Have you tried the acrylic/glass cutting board method that is mentioned a couple of posts above?

4red3s
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by 4red3s on Mar 22, 09 11:17 AM
I purchased this game last year. I loved the first dream chronicles and thought this one would be fun too. Unfortunately, I was never able to get past this "unchess game" and even trying it over the past months but no success. Therefore when the next Dream Chronicles comes out... I will probably skip it. What a shame. So much promise. The "unchess game" is a very UNNECESSARY part to this otherwise wonderful game.

[Post New]by tmarielaville on Mar 30, 09 7:44 PM
I soooo.... agree its totally madding! It goes too fast and there isnt even a build on patten like in simon sez or like most of the other puzzles in the game. If there is another dream chronicals i wouldnt buy it,it would be a waste of money. Who ever made this puzzle is either a genius or a total sadist. Ive tryied writeing the squares down on paper marking on my screen with a thin typing paper and it goes to fast to mark down! grrrrr....

Edited on 03/30/2009 at 7:51:45 PM PST

[Post New]by Kayllis on Apr 3, 09 10:34 PM
I am soooooooo Depressed now. I DO have a photographic memory and It's just not possible to get this stupid game! I can't keep up with this chess game! I get to where I have the first three or four memorized mark the fifth and then miss the sixth entirely or forget the first! If anyone ever finds a way to skip this "puzzle" PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell us or post where to find it!

PS For you creators of this game out there: I hope you feel Horrible for bringing me to tears over this game. That's right I am crying right now because I just CANNOT keep up with this game and have NEVER encountered that before!!! And for those of you thinking "Oh, great one more whiny old person" I happen to be 27 and a major game geek!

Edited on 04/03/2009 at 10:40:50 PM PST

Go to: