anyone else disappointed with this game?

[Post New]by clair74 on Jan 5, 09 7:38 PM
I have just played this game and was very disappointed that I wasted a game token on it.
I finished it very quickly.
i find it hard to believe anyone needs a walkthrough for it as there is all the help you need by pressing the i button.
Also I had problems with the game crashing through all the talking scenes which was really frustrating.
I usually love the detective games but all you had to do with this one is go around snapping photographs of evidence.
I would recommend playing any game other than this :-(

Re:anyone else disappointed with this game?

[Post New]by Nuttyjuls on Jan 6, 09 7:23 AM
I was thinking of trying this but not sure now. I also like detective games but like a challenge. I am playing nancy drew at the moment & have been for 3 days & not achieved anything so its a challenge. I have had a few games which frustrated me they were so easy but guess what the first hour 'free' got me hooked then finished the rest in a day grrrrrr.

[Post New]by aliceven on Jan 6, 09 5:08 PM
I actually found this game on another site while it was off BFG. I really liked it. I liked the video, the story, and it ran fine on my computer, whcih isn't even that new. The thing that got me most i think was the way it blended so well, the whole thing was part of one big story, whereas when i play MCF or whatever i always get the feeling like the story is a nice addition. And Burton. ow! he's hot.

Colour me hooked.

[Post New]by dalesgirl on Jan 13, 09 6:32 PM
it was ungodly short for such a large file. and really no challenge at all. i think it would have been a much better game if they'd included all the epsiodes.

[Post New]by aliceven on Jan 15, 09 5:57 PM
I really liked it. Yes it was short but it was more like a television show, or a movie really. So you'd expect it to be short, I think. And you can certainly replay it, find more evidence, look for some of the secret stuff ...

suzybank
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by suzybank on Jan 18, 09 12:26 PM
I didn't know what to expect with this game, so I was surprised - it was like a movie, or tv show, and even though it was short I really liked it. So, I guess, the answer is 'no, I wasn't disappointed, I enjoyed casebook a lot'.

[Post New]by aragaini on Mar 21, 09 4:32 PM
I loved Casebook. I really wish Big Fish would distribute the 2nd episode, too. It wasn't very challenging but it was very entertaining. Interesting, and i love FMV games. I miss them. I used to play all the old ones in the 90's, this is way better than most of those. Very high quality acting. Anyway I wish I knew if Big FIsh was going to get the other episodes, because I would rather buy it from them, but I will get them from the Casebook site if I have to.

[Post New]by amanda_caneel on Mar 27, 09 1:35 PM
Dissappointed is a very nice way of saying it... I play Nancy Drew, Law & Order, & CSI games and this is by far the worst I have ever purchased. The graphics are terrible when using the camera and I keep getting error messages which force me to shut the game down. I agree with Clair74, I'm sorry I wasted a credit on it, especially since it was my last one before having to cancel my membership.

[Post New]by jangray on Apr 3, 09 9:17 AM
I am glad I am not the only one. The game crashed on me when ever I tried to let the long video interrogations play so I couldn't watch them. It should be the other episodes as well. You just seem to get the hang of it and its finished.

It does feel like a waste of a credit, when usually large file games last ages.

Patzilla
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Patzilla on May 12, 09 9:25 AM
I'm hooked on Casebook, although they're quite short. At the end of episode II they give a teaser for iII but who knows when it'll be out. I'll buy it however, I love it. I love burton he's hot.

Re Nancy Drew: doesn't her nicey nice voice drive you mad? I couldn't play it because of that. Drove me crazy, I'll never buy another.

[Post New]by auntigram on Jul 31, 09 7:29 AM
Iam so dissapointed in Case Book. I have had to ctrl-alt-delete several times as it seizes up,freezes, and just won't work. Do we have any recourse with BFG's when this happens?

[Post New]by 7layers on Aug 31, 09 8:54 AM
I find this game utterly remarkable. The graphics are out of this world and the ongoing story gives a great motivation for the gameplay. This game is a real marvel of modern technology which provides a much-needed shot in the arm to the overused and abused Hidden Object Game formula. Unlike some posters here I didn't run into any stability issues, and I was exceptionally pleased and surprised to see that this recorded video game supports widescreen resolutions!

I see there's a sequel already for sale on the official website. When will it come to Bigfish? I'll buy this game on release day and would do so right now but I like to keep all my games organized in as few container applications (like the Bigfish game launcher) as possible.

For those who are not sure whether they'd like this game, or for those like me who loved it and want some more, I urge you to check out the website where you can play the free Episode 0 right now! It's a short and rather cute tongue-in-cheek mystery compared to the mature and gritty setting of the first one.

http://areo.areograph.com/

[Post New]by crysrae83 on Feb 13, 10 1:30 PM
The only thing I disliked about the game is that every once in a while it would show an error sign but I'd be able to get back to playing, and the other is that I never got to see the very end because not all the tape photos would stack so it stayed unsolved not happy I paid for a game that I can't ever finish because of a glitch

ARLENEARL
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ARLENEARL on Mar 24, 10 5:47 AM
had to download twice, no big deal. But still had the game freeze up and had to do hard shutdown to get out of it. For the few minutes i played saw no way to quit or go to options or anything else.
Didn't let you look around areas as much as wanted to. Think game is total waste of money.

Go to: