bfgFlounder
9,564 Posts

Isla Dorada - Episode 1: The Sands of Ephranis

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 11 12:05 AM
Jessica Pandora, a young archaeologist, has been teleported to Isla Dorada and now needs your help to return home! After making a chance discovery, Jessica causes an ancient artifact to activate and is sent to a distant land. Use your Hidden Object skills to help her in Isla Dorada – Episode 1: The Sands of Ephranis!

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

Re:Isla Dorada - Episode 1: The Sands of Ephranis

[Post New]by equusjoy on Sep 4, 11 12:15 AM
Just waiting for the download. My time to sit here and watch the dl going slow mo. Strange, the CEs always go faster. I have paused and restarted, but it's still sitting there. I will check back later, hopefully.

Joy

P.S. Downloaded and tried to play. Not my type of game even though I was hoping it would be. Liked the voice over for the girl, but it's just a straight **** with some tough things to find. Not a horrible game at all, but I believe I will pass on this one.

Edited on 09/04/2011 at 7:19:54 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 4, 11 12:20 AM
What, no CE today! I hope this one is a good one.

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Sep 4, 11 12:28 AM
After a few minutes with this dufus the game froze on me.
Uninstalling now and not worth the effort to d/l again.
Childish, cartoon style along with ridiculous voices. Scanning from one side to the other, very boring.
Wanted to like it , hoping for another SUMMERTIME coupon use.
Not my cup of tea. For those that like this sort of game...ENJOY!!

Lilabelle
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 4, 11 12:40 AM
Not not a good game. Bad cartoon graphics, after 7 min could find no reason to continue. I if I had to give it a grade it would be a -11. Not worth wasting your time even downloading.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,137 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 4, 11 12:40 AM
Well, at least we know it is the start of a series and we will get a "To Be Continued" at the end of this game!!
Cheers

katejoe999
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Sep 4, 11 12:47 AM
This is a perfectly nice game but too many hidden object scenes and not enough action for me!

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Sep 4, 11 12:53 AM
Is this the endwork of some student ? Beautiful graphics and....that's it !

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Sep 4, 11 1:08 AM
Oh BFG sorry to have to say this but what a load of rubbish, i really think your members deserve something a little better than this cartoon like game when we were expecting a CE game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 4, 11 2:35 AM
Not a bad little game at all, it's just looking for the right audience. Obviously hard core seasoned players needing more challenge need not apply. Or, those who hate hidden object scenes, there's plenty of them so far in the hour.

OK, the dialogue is kinda corny, but the girl's voice is very familiar from other games, you can skip it if you choose. And don't expect objects like fruit or cheese to be their natural colors, there's a bit of challenge. Hints refresh fast but didn't think I'd need them. Most scenes are with lots of cheerful color and big big objects mostly for the old tired eyes to see. Some of the HOGs tho I confess I needed hints, same old blue on blue but nope, not bleu cheese.

You got your hand drawn scenes, nicely done originals and artist drawn objects. Not your slapped on cheap same ole clip art pineapples on ceiling fans. No, look closer, take your time. A bit of the Samantha Swift 1, Roses of Athena flavor.
If you like jigsaws, bingo, right out of the gate, first task. You'll find pieces of some artifact in HOGs but not teeny parts like frag HOGs, will be put together later.

Looking for wide screen with no black bars?? Got it, full screen filled my 17.3" laptop and more, panorama with arrows to scroll left or right for more of the scene wider. High points for that display!! What else, oh maybe some misspelled words so if buying for kids have them spot the spelling for some challenge LOL, had to guess what a colar was, but easy guess for ensense.

Had to skip a puzzle opening a door altho it tells you how to do it, but in a certain sequence known only to the dev unless you enjoy wild clicking, Skip didn[t take long to give up and go on. See? not as easy as it looks, depends on what challenges you seek, or just relax and play with it. Do your HOG searches and be glad there are still some being made.

Oh, and not sure how that deal works, golden mask icon that activates when you are near the target on 2 scenes, I thought you drag it with you, no, just watch it in corner and when it jiggles try to guess where to click. Beats me, but both times something fell out for my treasure even tho it took how many stabs, didn't count. Hour sure went fast as I was more challenged as a seasoned Hogger, and I did enjoy the colorful drawings. Music? kill that soon as you got a free pinky for Menu Options and see for yourself if it's what you're waiting for in casual non dark eerie headbanger ihogs.

cme550
Minnow
Minnow
297 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 4, 11 3:36 AM
Second game in a row that I have not tried or bought (yesterdays game, though very very good, I bought as a a CE). Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 4, 11 4:09 AM
puzzledone wrote:Not a bad little game at all, it's just looking for the right audience. Obviously hard core seasoned players needing more challenge need not apply. Or, those who hate hidden object scenes, there's plenty of them so far in the hour.

OK, the dialogue is kinda corny, but the girl's voice is very familiar from other games, you can skip it if you choose. And don't expect objects like fruit or cheese to be their natural colors, there's a bit of challenge. Hints refresh fast but didn't think I'd need them. Most scenes are with lots of cheerful color and big big objects mostly for the old tired eyes to see. Some of the HOGs tho I confess I needed hints, same old blue on blue but nope, not bleu cheese.

You got your hand drawn scenes, nicely done originals and artist drawn objects. Not your slapped on cheap same ole clip art pineapples on ceiling fans. No, look closer, take your time. A bit of the Samantha Swift 1, Roses of Athena flavor.
If you like jigsaws, bingo, right out of the gate, first task. You'll find pieces of some artifact in HOGs but not teeny parts like frag HOGs, will be put together later.

Looking for wide screen with no black bars?? Got it, full screen filled my 17.3" laptop and more, panorama with arrows to scroll left or right for more of the scene wider. High points for that display!! What else, oh maybe some misspelled words so if buying for kids have them spot the spelling for some challenge LOL, had to guess what a colar was, but easy guess for ensense.

Had to skip a puzzle opening a door altho it tells you how to do it, but in a certain sequence known only to the dev unless you enjoy wild clicking, Skip didn[t take long to give up and go on. See? not as easy as it looks, depends on what challenges you seek, or just relax and play with it. Do your HOG searches and be glad there are still some being made.

Oh, and not sure how that deal works, golden mask icon that activates when you are near the target on 2 scenes, I thought you drag it with you, no, just watch it in corner and when it jiggles try to guess where to click. Beats me, but both times something fell out for my treasure even tho it took how many stabs, didn't count. Hour sure went fast as I was more challenged as a seasoned Hogger, and I did enjoy the colorful drawings. Music? kill that soon as you got a free pinky for Menu Options and see for yourself if it's what you're waiting for in casual non dark eerie headbanger ihogs.

Thanks!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
4,749 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 4, 11 4:58 AM
Exactly, puzzledone, and thank you.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 4, 11 5:41 AM
Ok wait a sec which one is it guys you are tired of 2 CES a week or you want 2 CES a week Alot of people have been complaining in these forums about they can't afford 2 CES a week and now Big Fish is listening and we are still complaining Now I am one of you who like CE Thusday and CE Sunday But when people complain there are two many CES well you dont get CE Sundays anymore which i hate so I hope they bring back the 2 CES a week!!!!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 4, 11 6:37 AM
rugrats299 wrote:Ok wait a sec which one is it guys you are tired of 2 CES a week or you want 2 CES a week Alot of people have been complaining in these forums about they can't afford 2 CES a week and now Big Fish is listening and we are still complaining Now I am one of you who like CE Thusday and CE Sunday But when people complain there are two many CES well you dont get CE Sundays anymore which i hate so I hope they bring back the 2 CES a week!!!!
Not me. I was hoping for a CE today.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 4, 11 6:47 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
rugrats299 wrote:Ok wait a sec which one is it guys you are tired of 2 CES a week or you want 2 CES a week Alot of people have been complaining in these forums about they can't afford 2 CES a week and now Big Fish is listening and we are still complaining Now I am one of you who like CE Thusday and CE Sunday But when people complain there are two many CES well you dont get CE Sundays anymore which i hate so I hope they bring back the 2 CES a week!!!!
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,017 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Sep 4, 11 8:15 AM
Rugrats - it's both! Some people want 2 CEs a week others don't. It's not the same people each time you know . No point asking them to make up their minds because they already did. Me, I have no opinion on the CE debate because I don't like HOGs anyway.

But none of that is what I came here to say. My comment is that, even though I generally don't like HOGs, I demoed the game because of the puzzle in the screenshot (slide the block to get something to the exit). I LOVE those puzzles and wanted to see how many it has.

Played the whole hour demo, and not a single one.

And WTH? on the jiggly mask thing. It seemed to jiggle randomly. It was pot luck finding where to click.

Edited on 09/04/2011 at 8:17:14 AM PST

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Sep 4, 11 8:49 AM
rugrats299 wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 4, 11 12:37 PM
You have to play this game to see if you like it. BFG allows you to try all of their games to see if you like them. Don't complain that this is the second or third game that you didn't bother to download and you're waiting for a good game. How do you know that the games you didn't download were not the games you were waiting for. Make up our own mind. Use the forum as a sounding board, read other peoples opinions, but for your own sake, download the demo's and make up your own mind.
This being said, I liked the graphics, urned off the sound, but couldn't abide the misspellings in the hog piles. I can put up with hog's but I need a fighting chance. Misnamed pieces and a click penalty is a bad combination. I am afraid it it a no buy for me. BUT THAT IS ONLY MY OPINION!!!!

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on Sep 4, 11 6:40 PM
Lilabelle wrote:Not not a good game. Bad cartoon graphics, after 7 min could find no reason to continue. I if I had to give it a grade it would be a -11. Not worth wasting your time even downloading.

I lasted twice as long as you before uninstalling!

Go to: