bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Book of Legends

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 11 2:48 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Book of Legends? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Book of Legends

[Post New]by jellow10 on Sep 6, 11 9:23 AM
I like this game. I'm just sorry that I forgot to try it after I d/l as a DD. I played the demo the next day and decided even though I missed the $2.99 price, I liked it well enough to buy it for $4.99 during the Labor Day sale. Silly me.

This is certainly not the most challenging game I've ever played, but I don't always want to shake up my little grey cells. A number of people have commented that they don't like the voice-over dialogue between the brother and sister because it gets annoying. Actually, I'm getting a kick out it. Somebody said the brother was dorky, but I just think he's irrepressibly optimistic and enthusiastic and a nice counterpoint to his sister's skepticism and sarcasm.

The overall gameplay is somewhat repetitious, but there's enough variety to keep my interest. I like how the H0 scenes change from word list to silhouette to find several of the same item. I also like taking "pictures" of certain items. You play the H0 scenes when you get a request on your PDA from various people. You can choose when to look for objects and in what order, so you could play a few H0 scenes in a row or mix them up looking for clues to your next location. The hint system is nice, too. You can get a silhouette on you PDA by clicking on the name, or you can get an actual hint that shows a location on a grid, but you still have to find it yourself.

It's important to play all the H0 scenes so you can earn as much money as possible, even if you already have enough for your next "ticket."

[Post New]by VENICELOVER on Sep 9, 11 8:03 PM
This is one for the beginners out there. Way too simple for my taste. Game has problems. I'm stuck & unable to get my ticket to China. I've tried uninstalling & downloading the game again w/o any change. I'd say better to pass on this one. Sorry I wasted money on it.

1Jayne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 1Jayne on Sep 18, 11 2:56 PM
This is a lighthearted and enjoyable game as it goes from place to place. The game is straightforward and doesn't require any major thought. Easy way to spend a lazy day. The scenes were well done and I appreciated it being well lit. The HOs weren't so miniscule or covered with only one small piece showing. In other words, a stressfree game. If your pleasure is something with challenging puzzles or an HOG that is mainly an adventure game this may not be it---not like the recent MCF games. Personally, I thought it was fun and well worth the DD $. If there is a sequel I will purchase it as well.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jul 20, 13 7:09 PM
I broke the Hint button. Seriously.
I didn't mean to break it but I had this soccer ball and a crumpled soda can and I couldn't get rid of them and then they disappeared but they are still on the list of items to find. And the Hint button has had an "X" over it for quite some time now.

I broke it.

I thought this game was weird but I did like the female protagonist's personality. She had every right to be grouchy - she did all the work. It might be a good game but I'm still at the beginning and with a broken Hint button I don't think I'm going to progress very far. I could try uninstalling it and trying it again and maybe I will.

This is one of those games that you need to try the demo. Maybe you can break the Hint button, too!

Cherry

Go to: