rue23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

anyone finshed SE?

[Post New]by rue23 on Sep 4, 11 6:51 AM
If you have please let us know and mention (with spoiler alert) which (if any) puzzles you had to skip

Edited on 09/04/2011 at 6:51:42 AM PST

KMarso
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:anyone finshed SE?

[Post New]by KMarso on Sep 4, 11 8:22 AM
I finished the game last night and I really had to force myself to complete it. I found most of the puzzles were similar and monotonous and starting skipping them half way through. I like to be surprised at the content of the mini games, and I was not in this game. I did like the jigsaw puzzles. Happy gaming!

rue23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rue23 on Sep 4, 11 1:16 PM
Thanks KMarso!
I realized after reading your post that I forgot to specify if anyone had to skip puzzles due to technical difficulties, not just personal preference! So thanks for pointing that out to me.
I am into about the third chapter I believe and haven't had it lock up again yet. I had a lock up at the star RIP puzzle as many of us have and had to restart w/a new profile

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Sep 6, 11 10:15 AM
i did finish the SE without having any problems like lock up

pansy12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pansy12 on Sep 7, 11 11:28 AM
I have finished the game with no problems, great game? but terrible ending Pansy12

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on Sep 7, 11 12:36 PM
It certainly was a terrible ending.

moandco
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by moandco on Sep 7, 11 12:46 PM
I did the hardcore setting (resorted to the walkthrough once or twice as you can't skip puzzles).

Now I'm trapped, and luckily you say the ending is terrible. The last puzzle is my nemesis, twisting colours around to line them up just so, and there's no reset button so I can go back and follow the walkthrough instructions for that puzzle. It's making me pull my hair out; I always get all but one and then really mess it up when I try to fix it. Doooooomed! I shall never see that ending, unless one of you comes over and untangles it for me.

Ah well, for the most part I enjoyed it.I liked Enigmatus better, though

revenee
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by revenee on Sep 13, 11 8:23 PM
Hey Moandco, Can't yougo back to options to pick "Casual Mode" Just for this last puzzle? (I skipped it myself. Same problem you had) Finished the game and was satisfied with the end. My twin sister smiled up in my face.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 14, 11 10:14 AM
I haven't finished yet but so far I had to skip the RIP puzzle, like so many others.I also had to skip the puzzle at the well. It wouldn't reset with the Reset button. I even tried going out and coming back in. No go. I hate paying for glitchy games.

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

Re:anyone finshed SE? SPOILER ALERT

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Sep 17, 11 12:29 PM
druids wrote:It certainly was a terrible ending.

I have to agree with you. Horrible ending and then it went back to the play screen. So what happened to Gray? And did Luisa finally married him?

[Post New]by juanitaperez on Sep 20, 11 10:56 PM
i didnt finish i have problems to play my game is crushing every 3 min do u have some problem to play this game?

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Sep 21, 11 3:15 AM
Finished the SE version, no glitches, just lucky maybe, hated the end, it was so quick if you blinked you missed it.
Im with you on that Opus about luisa and gray, maybe a sequel to come ?, who knows.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Sep 28, 11 3:26 PM
dueler wrote:Finished the SE version, no glitches, just lucky maybe, hated the end, it was so quick if you blinked you missed it.
Im with you on that Opus about luisa and gray, maybe a sequel to come ?, who knows.

I thought the ending was abrupt, too. I read on another forum (Lost Souls:Enchanted Paintings) that you get the ending with the collector's edition. I thought "bonus" content meant something extra, not that you have to buy the CE to get the end of the story. I'm very disappointed.

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Oct 7, 11 3:13 PM
druids wrote:It certainly was a terrible ending.

I agree. It is as if they just chopped it right off so that you did not get to see any of the CE version or something. Horrible, and very unsatisfying after playing the game for hours. They could have at least showed the sister saying thank you or seeing her love again Geesh!

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Oct 9, 11 12:01 AM
Hey Rue23! At first, when I saw this thread, I was hoping it was the development team trying to see if anything was still a problem after the September 17 release. (I'll still hope they see this ).

I just posted a review but as far as the puzzles are concerned, here's my experience.

It took me three profiles to finally get past the RIP/gravestone puzzles. I can guarantee these steps will hang your game so don't do them.

Gr, Yd, Gd, Rd, Gl, Bd, Br, Bd, Bl (color direction)

I was curious, and I know some QA, so after I finished I tried some tests. At first I thought it was clicking the peg then arrow then same peg already hilighted and arrow, but that doesn't seem to be it. I'm almost convinced it's putting the Yellow peg in place immediately although it could be blue moved multiple times. I am tired and figured one certain crash is enough. (I also tried streamlining everything in the game leading up to the puzzle - taking absolute minimum steps to get to that puzzle vs. looking at and touching everything, no skipping dialog .... That kind of thing didn't seem to have an affect on the puzzle itself.

I finished all the puzzles in the advanced mode except that one I was forced to skip and two I skipped voluntarily. The one I was forced to skip was at the well - the 4 vial puzzle. I chose to skip some puzzle behind snow - I could NOT see the pieces well enough to determine what went where. SPOILER? This puzzle turned out to be a spider. The other one was near the end - the one in Father's room sorta like the RIP puzzle. (I hate to admit it, but by that time I felt the game had gone on forever and I didn't want to spend another 10 minutes on a puzzle.)

BTW, I've seen some people put spoilers in that can't be seen unless you run the cursor over it. Anyone know how to do that?

SPOILER. I was just playing around with the vial puzzle - for most of these puzzles the Info button was unnecessary. I thought for this one the goal was to get the same level of liquid. So I put in according to the color scheme at the top: one color in the first vial, two in the second, don't remember the third, and two of the same color in the fourth. I think I filled the second vial last. At that point, the game hung. Thank goodness the SKIP button was still active (unlike the RIP puzzle) and I was able to go on. I wasn't happy though.

more useless info to come

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Dec 2, 11 8:13 PM
I just finished and had No trouble at all. But the ending was dissappointing!

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Dec 10, 11 5:50 PM
Libtard55 wrote:I just finished and had No trouble at all. But the ending was dissappointing!

Same here. I also thought the ending was abrupt.

kaboobie
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by kaboobie on Dec 19, 11 1:10 PM
kimcol wrote:I thought the ending was abrupt, too. I read on another forum (Lost Souls:Enchanted Paintings) that you get the ending with the collector's edition. I thought "bonus" content meant something extra, not that you have to buy the CE to get the end of the story. I'm very disappointed.

The CE bonus content barely resolves the story any further. You are told in the intro that Luisa and Grey got married and sold the house, but the actual gameplay concerns the family that moved into the house afterward.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 30, 12 6:30 PM
kaboobie wrote:
kimcol wrote:I thought the ending was abrupt, too. I read on another forum (Lost Souls:Enchanted Paintings) that you get the ending with the collector's edition. I thought "bonus" content meant something extra, not that you have to buy the CE to get the end of the story. I'm very disappointed.

The CE bonus content barely resolves the story any further. You are told in the intro that Luisa and Grey got married and sold the house, but the actual gameplay concerns the family that moved into the house afterward.
'

Maybe that's a lead-in for an upcoming sequel?

MEnr56

mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Jan 23, 14 12:06 AM
I finished it - no technical glitches.

Puzzles I skipped:

1) a 'sliding' circle puzzle that I know I could have solved, but I didn't want to take the time (it's larger than most).

2) Minesweeper

3) the reverse jump map (you'll know it when you get to it).

I may play the game again with a pad of paper handy so I can solve 2 and 3. They really are good puzzles. It was late and I just wanted to finish the game at that point.

It's crazy after they 'simplify' standard puzzles like the gears by having the right one 'click' into place (removing all 'puzzle' from the puzzle) then they drop some really crazy hard ones in there.

Go to: