4th relief puzzle piece

[Post New]by ragzmom on Sep 4, 11 2:12 PM
I retrieved the bag and the papers inside however the 4th puzzle piece did not go in to my inventory. Also the hint button will not recharge.

BethRed10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:4th relief puzzle piece

[Post New]by BethRed10 on Sep 4, 11 2:59 PM
I am having the same problem.
Also, it seems that if you do not do things in the exact order as the strategy guide, we cannot go back and get anything we missed.
This takes all the fun out of the game if we must check with the guide before committing to attempting a puzzle too soon. I have completed a puzzle too soon and now have no action areas available. I cannot proceed without the 4th relief puzzle piece. :-( Not happy.

kateinaz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by kateinaz on Sep 4, 11 9:23 PM
This has happened to me twice. The first time the metal figurine piece from the combination box at the boathouse didn't go into inventory and I couldn't get back into the box because it became inactive. Started all over and followed the strategy guide to a tee and was able to get that piece.

Thinking that was the problem, I proceeded to play from that point on my own again and the exact same thing happened for the last skull piece. I am positive, because I was paying attention having had the problem before, that when I clicked on the area for the skull piece and one other item (the painting, I think), I got one item but not the skull piece. The location also became inactive so there's no getting it now.

BOTH times my hint button disabled after the opportunity to get the necessary piece was lost. I won't start over a third time. Not sure this qualifies as a *techincal* issue, but if that's the way the game is supposed to play, I don't like it. If the game gives you options, you should be able to use them without losing all ability to complete the game. Or at least a warning or a start over from that point.

BethRed10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by BethRed10 on Sep 4, 11 9:40 PM
HI kateinaz
I have just done the exact same thing.... started over only to not get that piece into inventory. The Painting area is now inactive.
This stinks! :-(

kateinaz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by kateinaz on Sep 4, 11 9:46 PM
BethRed10 wrote:HI kateinaz
I have just done the exact same thing.... started over only to not get that piece into inventory. The Painting area is now inactive.
This stinks! :-(

Beth- I've sent a detailed e-mail to BF citing this thread and copying my post. I'll let you know what they say unless you've already done so yourself.

[Post New]by BigFishSue2 on Sep 9, 11 5:33 PM
I have the same issue. I didn't get the 4th relief piece from the bag when I was there. I can't go back and get it now. Very annoyed and frustrated!!!!!! What kind of game isn't forgiving when you don't get it the first time?

Go to: