TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 6, 09 12:13 AM
Just seen this in the front page. Played Syberia 2 (when it behaved with Vista), but never managed to get the original (heard the CD version had problems with Vista back then too).

Looks like with this 're-release', it's been made fully Vista-compatible.

*fingers crossed*

Definitely going to get one of my credits

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

Re:TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jan 6, 09 12:17 AM
I worry about large file, because if its like Time stands still, I brought it but never really got it, although some large file games are fun, I wonder how this one plays.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 6, 09 12:18 AM
So I'm assuming, Elk, you think it's a good game....I never played any of them and always hesitate when I can't demo it first. Wish I knew more about it.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 6, 09 12:19 AM
I am going to wait and see what the reviews are, as I am not sure about buying with no demo.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 6, 09 12:20 AM
Syberia (and its sequel) are considered 2 of the Classics when it comes to adventure games. From personal experience, the humour of the sequel was wonderful, as were the graphics, and I remember reading at the time that '2' just provided 'more of the same' as the first, so that gives me high hopes for this.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 6, 09 12:24 AM
I don't know gals - think we can trust a CLOWNfish? (just kidding)

Thanks for the info, Elk!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 6, 09 12:25 AM
If you want to read some external reviews (prior to forum feedback), you might want to go to the JustAdventure website. Syberia has 2 reviews on there - got A, and A+ ratings respectively over the two reviews, whilst for comparison Syberia 2 (which I've played) got A+.

Edited on 01/06/2009 at 12:27:04 AM PST

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 6, 09 12:26 AM
i played it years ago and its an exceptional adventure game.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 6, 09 12:28 AM
dixieangels wrote:Both of these games are AWESOME! Got them when they first came out and there is a a good reason they got such high ratings. BUT they are NOT hidden object games. Happy gaming.

Yep, they are proper Adventure games (more akin to ND, Dracula Origin, etc).

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 6, 09 12:31 AM
Ooh, Syberia is in my top 10, I found it 100 times better than 2 (more puzzles to solve). It is beautiful and the storyline flows.
Old game now, though.

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Jan 6, 09 12:35 AM
WOW is the right term to use on this game. I have had it for a while, love the graphics and the story for those who like simulation games, its a keeper. Just wish I had gotten it from BF (got it from AMAZON) hope BF releases 2

els52
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by els52 on Jan 6, 09 12:38 AM
I loved Syberia more then Syberia 2, It is a great game.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 6, 09 12:59 AM
Elkestra wrote:If you want to read some external reviews (prior to forum feedback), you might want to go to the JustAdventure website. Syberia has 2 reviews on there - got A, and A+ ratings respectively over the two reviews, whilst for comparison Syberia 2 (which I've played) got A+.

Elk - you know I was just kidding, don't you

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 6, 09 1:04 AM
GeeBee wrote:Elk - you know I was just kidding, don't you

You were?????? *grins*

I know you were, but it only took a moment to double-check that JA had them reviewed (I'd have been flummoxed if they hadn't, JA are very good when it comes to reviewing Adventure games).

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jan 6, 09 2:42 AM
I also played both Syberia games years ago and they are a delight to play! Their old but alot of fun. Good graphics too.
Oh and some sad and touching movie moments in the games.(grabs tissue)

Edited on 01/06/2009 at 2:45:02 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 6, 09 2:56 AM
I played it a while back, got it on sale at Wally World. It has been a while but as I recall, I really enjoyed it. It has some good challenges. Before this, my last Adventure game was one of the later MYST episodes. Syberia was easier but still challenging. I am hoping to see Syberia 2 here eventually, I'd like to finish the game please.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 6, 09 3:16 AM
I played Syberia about 4 or 5 times.
I have Syberia 2 on CD, but still not finished it as I feel like I am in a maze and it seemed rather complicated to me. I think I may have to break down and use a walkthrough.
I would to see a 3rd installment, but the developers had other things in the pipeline and it sounds like there won't be one.

Edited on 01/06/2009 at 3:21:35 AM PST

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Jan 6, 09 3:58 AM
Wow indeed! I just played an hour's trial from IWin and I want it! I feel quite exhausted. The graphics are amazing especially when outdoors and they have created a really good atmosphere with the subdued colours etc.
By the way for anyone who might not know, I found out by accident that when you click for Kate to walk if you click several times she runs! Maybe it tells you this somewhere but I didn't see it.
A definite 'must have' adventure game for me

p.s. It said in the blurb that it may not work for Vista but worked fine for me on Vista

Edited on 01/06/2009 at 4:04:32 AM PST

irishmist
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by irishmist on Jan 6, 09 4:12 AM
Hi everyone there is a great review on gamezbo with 4 and half stars for this game. sounds really great.

[Post New]by littlegreenfish on Jan 6, 09 4:57 AM
Wow! Syberia is one of the best adventures ever. I just love the idea of playing it again - hope it really works with Vista. Thank you, bfg, nice move.

There are good articles about Syberia I&II on wikipedia, if you want to know more about it.

Go to: