smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

At the Docks

[Post New]by smck325 on Sep 5, 11 2:30 PM
Help. I'm not sure which chapter I'm in, but I'm on the docks. I have placed the board; I've combined the pipe and the hook to get the key; I've opened the door to get the hammer....and now I can't hammer in the board to get to the Hidden Object scene. I've placed the hammer on every pixel of that board and it just keeps flying back into inventory. It stands to reason I'd need some nails, but I don't think I ever got the opportunity. What am I missing? I am stuck in that scene (and the game) until I can get across. Thanks!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:At the Docks

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 5, 11 3:12 PM
placed the hammer on every pixel of that board and it just keeps flying back into inventory. It stands to reason I'd need some nails,
You do appear to be missing two nails. Actually, you are missing a plank with two nails. You have to use the pry-bar on a crate.

Edited on 09/05/2011 at 3:15:30 PM PST

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by smck325 on Sep 5, 11 3:29 PM
Thanks for answering Mr_Russ. I did use the crowbar on the crate and received 1 plank which I placed on the dock. I have gone back to the scene with the crate but it is no longer a "hot spot" that I can use. When I ask for "Help" it says that there is nothing more to do in the scene. Are the nails somewhere else? Thanks.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 5, 11 3:46 PM
I don't have anything in my notes about the nails so I must have already had them. Sorry.

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by smck325 on Sep 5, 11 5:01 PM
Well, I went into the game as another person and when I got to the docks again I still had the 2 nails in inventory. (Believe me, I kept an eagle eye on them this time!) I don't know why I didn't still have them the first time round. I know I didn't use them for something else. Well, anyway I have gotten through the dock scene this time but am going to quit for now and continue again tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 6, 11 3:55 AM
You're welcome. Disappearing inventory seems to be a bit of a general problem, I'm afraid.

Go to: