Heartwild Solitaire -- it is me, or??

[Post New]by canarylampshade on Jan 6, 09 5:43 AM
I just bought Heartwild Solitaire-- it's lovely and fun -- but I seem to be in an edit mode, rather than a true play mode, and I wonder if it's me or if it's got a glitch or... I don't really know. Any one else have any issues with it?

canarylampshade

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

Re:Heartwild Solitaire -- it is me, or??

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 6, 09 5:48 AM
Did you mistakeningly select Level Editor?

I played the game in its entirety without any troubles and love it. Am replaying it in Thirteens right now.

Welcome to the Pond!

Edited on 01/06/2009 at 5:48:46 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 6, 09 7:21 PM
SMALL:

I LOVE the game too

Also doing the 13 game ..NOW this is an old game I was wondering "IF" there any more after the 13 game??

HAPPY GAMING

PEN

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 6, 09 7:24 PM
penrose47 wrote: I was wondering "IF" there any more after the 13 game??

I'm wondering the same thing. So far I've really enjoyed the card play though I thought the story was lacking in continuity. The developers should have had Jules write it for them.

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Jan 6, 09 7:58 PM
Smallhaven wrote:
penrose47 wrote: I was wondering "IF" there any more after the 13 game??

I'm wondering the same thing. So far I've really enjoyed the card play though I thought the story was lacking in continuity. The developers should have had Jules write it for them.

I've finished the whole game, twice now, and could answer you if you want.

I'm wondering about the "Extra Levels". Thought maybe it was like The Ancient Quest of Saqqarah where you could download more levels, but I guess I'm wrong?

But I do love this game.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 6, 09 8:08 PM
*fin covers ears* No. Don't tell me. I'll get there eventually.

I was curious about the Extra Levels, too. Wasn't sure what that was about. I did select the Editor to see what that was and played with it for awhile. I did have to back out of the game in order to discontinue the Editor, though. Or maybe I was having a brainfart at that time. I dunno.

One bugaboo with me - the matching score floating over the screen. It interrupts fluidity in game play. I don't see how it's possible to get best scores if the scene is blocked from view for a few seconds.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 6, 09 8:26 PM
I TOTALLY love the game -- HATED the story!!! I want a set of those cards -- not the tarot ones, but the other ones! Aren't they GORGEOUS!!! Love playing 13s!! Tried the level editor -- I completely suck at it! I really want a deck of those playing cards!

Jule

PS did you notice how I DIDN'T tell you that after seeing the playing cards I got a great idea for a story!

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Jan 6, 09 8:30 PM
And that's why I asked...lol

I'm not brave enough to even attempt the Editor...I'll make my youngest boy check that out for me and tell me how to work it.

I've noticed that when the floating score #'s are in the way, I tend to wiggle the mouse arrow a little and they seem to disappear faster. (but that could just be my imagination, too).

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 6, 09 8:32 PM
juliamadeane wrote:I TOTALLY love the game -- HATED the story!!! I want a set of those cards -- not the tarot ones, but the other ones! Aren't they GORGEOUS!!! Love playing 13s!! Tried the level editor -- I completely suck at it! I really want a deck of those playing cards!

Jule

PS did you notice how I DIDN'T tell you that after seeing the playing cards I got a great idea for a story!

I love the playing cards, too! The graphics in the game really speak to me.

A new story... Hmmm... Lucky us.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Jan 6, 09 8:46 PM
I know a real old fashion game that I have thats like the game "spit". Its very addictive!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jan 6, 09 8:56 PM
I have downloaded the demo ... but haven't had time to play as yet. Sounds like one I'll enjoy.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Jan 27, 09 9:51 PM
I'm not in edit mode but I can't save my games, I always get sent back to the 1st place I saved it. It's so frustrating I don't want to even look at it anymore. I should have bought a game done by real programmers not hackers. I hope you find a solution to your problem.

Now that I've had time to cool off, I'm sorry to all the programmers out there, I rarely lose my temper, but when I do...
I have reinstalled the game and so far so good. I love the big fish and they have the best cust. service /tech support you could hope for. I really do enjoy the game, i agree it would be nice if the notes wouldn't cover up the rest of the cards after a match though.

Edited on 01/28/2009 at 4:55:11 PM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 28, 09 3:50 AM
lushknight wrote:I'm not in edit mode but I can't save my games, I always get sent back to the 1st place I saved it. It's so frustrating I don't want to even look at it anymore. I should have bought a game done by real programmers not hackers. I hope you find a solution to your problem.

Gosh. That's not a very polite remark at all. If you're experiencing problems with this game - contact Customer Support and see if the tech's can help you out. More times than not - the game issue you're having isn't the game per se - it's the computer set-up you have on your PC or laptop.

[Post New]by CanadianGirl83 on Feb 9, 09 2:28 AM
good game not so good story

[Post New]by US19561960 on Jan 15, 10 8:26 AM
This game reminds me of another demo i played, however i love that this one has got a mini game of find the appropraite card in between certain levels. After just playing for 19 minutes on this i bought it using the daily deal bonus price . . a bargain for sure.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jan 15, 10 1:52 PM
Well, I downloaded the demo, looked like the game might be fun. However, it says trial expired, when I never even heard of it until I saw it on the DD today. Oh well, they may have lost a sale on that one.

Edited on 01/15/2010 at 1:53:43 PM PST

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jan 15, 10 9:52 PM
I love the graphics in this game. The cards are beautiful! There's a story... lol?
I haven't played very far, only about 15 minutes into the trial, but bought it. I really enjoy card games and this looks like it will give quite a few hours of entertainment.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Jan 16, 10 1:15 AM
I forgot all about owning this game. I will have to re-install it. Thanks for starting this thread.

Charm

fragileind
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by fragileind on Jan 18, 10 2:53 PM
The "story" seems to have been lifted from random pages of different Harlequin novels translated from the original Klingon -- laughable and incoherent, but easily skipped. It bears no relation to the game itself, which is a fun card game with beautiful visuals. Some parts of the structure and scoring of the game don't make sense to me and aren't explained in the "help" sections. What is the function of the bonus bar on the side and the "bonus fill" special cards? -- it doesn't seem to show up on the totals after each hand of the game. Also can't figure out other aspects of the scoring, but it doesn't affect the playing of the card game. Haven't gotten through the whole thing without flunking (running out of retries and shuffles), I started over several times now am continuing the game with a zero score when the option comes up, and am hoping to unlock the extra games/levels.

Well worth the DD price, glad I bought it, wish the story/title/premise was a little less "girly" because that element limits the appeal of a fairly straightforward solitaire game.

Re:Heartwild Solitaire

[Post New]by deltachuck on Jan 19, 10 8:18 AM
I love this game. I have played it through three times. The story is not so great but the game is good. I love the graphics and the music. I don't really understand what the editor is but that is ok because the game is great.

Go to: