cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 6 September 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Sep 6, 11 12:02 AM
Any comments fishes?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Todays DD 6 September 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 6, 11 12:10 PM

Well, I've decided to go ahead and buy this game since it's at a DD because it is definitely a game that can get the old grey cells working.

I just wish that there'd been an option of timed and untimed modes to this game -- THAT'S what's really kind of freaking me out -- I tend to not do very well with timed games and many go by the wayside.

MEnr56

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Sep 6, 11 12:23 PM
I'm playing adventure mode, and didn't notice a time limit - so far!

This game is TOO COOL! I'm sorry I didn't see it when it first came out, but I'm glad it's a DD

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Sep 6, 11 12:32 PM
I agree it's a very good game, the puzzles are unusual and challenging - perhaps a bit too challenging for me I'm on the fence... I like it, but I don't think I'm going to get very far. It's also not the type of game that would draw me in and I don't play timewaster games (always too busy when I'm at the computer!).

I played in the classic mode and it didn't seem timed. The timer was counting how long you took to solve the puzzle, but I don't know whether there's a limit.

Oh, and I wish there was an option to turn off "you have evolved" messages.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 6, 11 12:34 PM
sheilamilo wrote:I'm playing adventure mode, and didn't notice a time limit - so far!

This game is TOO COOL! I'm sorry I didn't see it when it first came out, but I'm glad it's a DD

In the upper right-hand corner next to the head of the puppet(?, I guess that's what I'd call it) there's a time-measuring line.

Maybe it's not going to time me out but just inform me as to how long I took to solve the puzzle?

Now THAT I can accept because I don't mind if it takes me all of eternity to finish a puzzle -- I just don't like being timed out and have to start it all over again because it just makes me feel too anxious and I tend to lose my concentration because I'm too busy watching the clock.

MEnr56

Edited on 09/06/2011 at 12:38:27 PM PST

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Sep 6, 11 2:31 PM
I haven't seen any "evolved" messages (and I'm more than 1/2 way through filling the Astrolabe), but maybe that's because I'm in adventure mode?

I've been doing Sudoku for years and was a little tired of it, but this has really different twists.

sherheff
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by sherheff on Sep 6, 11 3:56 PM
This one is not for me. Too much like work!!! For those of you who like numbers and logic puzzles, it's worth a try. Back to TM & HOGS for me.

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Sep 6, 11 5:25 PM
Enjoying just laying here, relaxing with my HOT CHOCOLATE and gentle music, playing this D D D (delightful daily deal!)
BUY IT!!

NavyMom90
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by NavyMom90 on Sep 6, 11 5:53 PM
I like to play a brain game every once in a while so I played this in adventure mode but I cannot see myself playing this adventure repeatedly. So I wonder if in the classic mode it is a little more repeat-friendly.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Sep 7, 11 9:52 PM
Just finished Adventure mode (no stress! other puzzle types!), just started Classic - which has a timer and that 'evolved' thing others were writing about. Yep, that's annoying!

Think I'll stick to Adventure

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Sep 7, 11 10:45 PM
I find myself enjoying this game (for short periods) after a moment of panic about the possibility of a timer ( my nemesis.) I'm playing classic, and the irritating little clock just keeps track of your time, doesn't cut you off in mid-whimper. I'm not good at this sort of thing, just trying to exercise my flabby left brain. The game does seem not to want to recognise a correct solution, and makes you do it over out of what seems to me to be pure cussedness.

Go to: