TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Build-a-lot: On Vacation

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 7, 11 12:51 AM
3 TMs today? Wow! That's amazing, thanks so much

Well, out of the 3 TMs released today, i think this is the worst one (didn't mean that the game is bad but other two are better!)

Yes, this is the best in the series for me but because i don't like the entire series so this is no buy for me! Graphics is good enough but animations are a bit slow and crappy. There's The Real Estate Office in this game which i think it's a very nice addition. Lots and lots of features including original and old features. Fans of the series will love it but not for me

Grades:

Graphics: B
Story: C
Music: C
Features: A
Fun: B
Gameplay: A
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/07/2011 at 1:03:33 AM PST

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Reviews for Build-a-lot: On Vacation

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 7, 11 1:03 AM
Hi Fishies!

This thread has now been stickied!

What do you think of Build-a-lot: On Vacation? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 7, 11 2:53 AM
I have played previous Build a lot games (the older ones), but these games get very quickly after a while, I couldn`t deal with it. I think if you are a big fan from the other Build a lot games, this could be your game. But I personally prefer the other two tm-games from today. Happy gaming everyone

dazzer109
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dazzer109 on Sep 7, 11 2:57 AM
Loved the whole build a lot series. well done BF once again some games for TM lovers

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Sep 7, 11 3:43 AM
Another fan of the Build-a-lot games.... Been waiting a while for a new one so thanks.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Sep 7, 11 4:30 AM
Thanks so much for some TM games. I will DL all three and hope for the best. I have all previous BAL games and they got more difficult with each new one;hope this one allows you to progress.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 7, 11 5:14 AM
great day for tm fans......what is the 3rd game? i was really surprised to see "hidden World" as the soft release....its awesome..

i played the 1st few BAL games and liked them......and since i allready bought *Hidden World* and finished from the dev , i have the 1st 3 BAL, i will probably buy this one to...I agree they suffer from sameness....but hey, its something to do,,....and building games have absolutly surpassed hogs as my fave type of game

Kukikat
Clownfish
Clownfish
711 Posts

[Post New]by Kukikat on Sep 7, 11 6:06 AM
I do not favor TM games. My idea of playing is to relax, not to run around like a headless chicken trying to meet time deadlines in a game.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 7, 11 6:34 AM
Kukikat wrote:I do not favor TM games. My idea of playing is to relax, not to run around like a headless chicken trying to meet time deadlines in a game.

lots of the builders the timer is only for gold score....may i suggest some ...

Royal envoy
Timebuilders 1 and 2
Jack of all tribes
Roads of Rome
Hidden World

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 7, 11 6:34 AM
Kukikat wrote:I do not favor TM games. My idea of playing is to relax, not to run around like a headless chicken trying to meet time deadlines in a game.

Royal envoy
Timebuilders 1 and 2
Jack of all tribes
Roads of Rome
Hidden World

Kukikat
Clownfish
Clownfish
711 Posts

[Post New]by Kukikat on Sep 7, 11 7:12 AM
bella81762 wrote:

Royal envoy
Timebuilders 1 and 2
Jack of all tribes
Roads of Rome
Hidden World

Thank you bella81762! I guess it is too close to work... all I do is time management there, LOL!

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Sep 7, 11 7:37 AM
Recognising the fact I may get yelled at.......bored now.

I've played a few of the BAL games and enjoyed them, I can't say the same for this, it's like they are phoning it in..Looks like I'll be rummaging through the back catalogue for a while yet.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 7, 11 7:45 AM
Kukikat wrote:
bella81762 wrote:

Royal envoy
Timebuilders 1 and 2
Jack of all tribes
Roads of Rome
Hidden World

Thank you bella81762! I guess it is too close to work... all I do is time management there, LOL!

i dont like the dash type tms, and really feel if they called these "builders" instead of tm,s. they would sell a lot more. i used to see "tm" in the description and wouldnt even go to the forums...till i found out there was a difference

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 7, 11 8:24 AM
I guess you like this type of game it's for you. Me personally didn't like it. I don't like trying to beat a clock when I haven't a clue what to do.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Sep 7, 11 9:42 AM
I'd like to add one to Bella's list. Ski Resort Mogul. It does not get too clicky at the end but you do have to use your brain to meet the goals on time. It's a builder game like Royal Envoy and Be Rich but it matters what upgrades you buy. Ski Resort is one of my favorite builder vacation games.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 7, 11 10:28 AM

I had a hard time with the "cutting down the forest" in order to build the vacation houses.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Sep 7, 11 11:57 AM
For anyone who enjoys this type game over HOGs, take a look at "Wandering Willows.'' The game has sewing, planting, cooking, pets, so many things to do and is VERY long. It will keep you busy for days. Also great and very long are:

Artist Colony
Gemini Lost
Empire Builder - Ancient Egypt
Settlement Colossus
MyTribe

Great list, Bella! I'll add "Paradise Beach" and "Paradise Beach 2 Around the World" as all time favorite building games. Both give you lots of freedom to design and create. Agree with Mary, and will add "Vacation Mogul" as another good one.

I'm really enjoying this new BAL. Played too many in a row a while back and grew tired of them. Now I seem to be refreshed and ready to enjoy again. this one is fun.

hangel1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by hangel1 on Sep 7, 11 3:15 PM
I have been a fan of the build a lot games since they came out. I love this new one.
It is very challenging to play. And when you get to expert mode the last minute goals are abundant. I can't wait to see this forum load up with the questions on meeting the levels.

Enjoy!
Hangel

djeddy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by djeddy on Sep 7, 11 5:20 PM
I have played all of the 6 build a lot series (including monopoly BAL). This being the 7th one reminds me of BAL #4 with much more additions that are fun.

I love it as the series just keeps getting better!!!
Thanks Hipsoft & Big Fish!!!!

[Post New]by kassandra327 on Sep 8, 11 6:32 AM
I'm usually a big fan of the Build-a-lot series but this one just put me to sleep, I recommend haunted domains instead.

Go to: