Reviews for Hidden World

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Hidden World

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 7, 11 12:53 AM
Tried this one on the dev site while back and bought it straight away today! This is the BEST building game for me (along with Jack of All Tribes) Cute characters, colourful and attractive graphics, lovely plot, good music and brilliant gameplay!

It's fast paced, you can click on the workers to speed them up and can also pick up the resources straight away no need workers! Workers can also go to the next task after the finish the first task without going back to their home (if you can assign them fast enough).

It's really fantastic and it seems to be a long game too, loved it

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Story: B
Music: A
Features: A*
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/09/2011 at 2:32:59 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Reviews for Hidden World

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 7, 11 1:35 AM
I have a only played this game for 10 minutes (2 levels) because I am in a hurry but I have already bought it .

This game has similar style gameplay to Island Tribe, Roads to Rome and MKFTP so if you liked those I think you will enjoy this one.

There are 2 modes of play and I chose the Relaxed option which still has a timer but it is a very generous one as I was allowed 10 minutes for the first level and 15 minutes for the second level.

The story is that you normally visit your Princess friend for their special Flower Holiday but when you go this year you find that her country has been cursed so you set out to undo it. The first chapter is undoing the curse on her palace so I am hoping that this is going to be a good length game and that you have to free the country too.

In addition to the daily tasks of collecting food, wood, water etc there are bonus tasks for which you earn a magic lamp and it is these magic lamps which undo the curse and restore a bit of her palace. When your worker clears an obstacle in the road food (pumpkins) are left behind and you have to click on them to collect them as your worker doesn't take them back with him. You get your supplies much quicker this way .

The thing that I liked most is that you don't have to wait for your worker to go back home and then come out again. Keep an eye on him and as soon as he finishes the task he is on you can click on the next nearest task and he will go straight there do it and so on .

I am really looking forward to playing this game and wish it had come out on any other day but cleaning day, oh well perhaps the anticipation will give me wings to get through the chores quicker .

Cherb

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 7, 11 1:42 AM
Hi there after yesterdays disappointingly short game does anyone know how many levels are in this one as I have played 40mins and not sure after looking at the map . would like to buy but dont want to be short changed again . Thanks

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 7, 11 2:32 AM
I think there're 48 levels plus 4 bonus levels but later levels will be longer as usual

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 7, 11 2:36 AM
Thank you Team SD will go ahead and buy

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 7, 11 2:50 AM
This is a great strategy game (like My kingdom for the princess) with also a relaxed mode! For me its a definete buy

frini7
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by frini7 on Sep 7, 11 3:25 AM
A great game. Excellent graphics. Worth the money. I loved it immediatelly

bfRecar
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by bfRecar on Sep 7, 11 3:53 AM
Fun game. Unusual mechanics. I liked items collections.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Sep 7, 11 4:44 AM
This one looks like fun but I can't play in full screen! And it is two small in windowed mode...do I have to change my screen resolution?

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Sep 7, 11 4:46 AM
So what do I know? My first impression was that this was lesser of the three offerrings today;BUT I trust your comments above, Special thanks to Cherb,TeamSD and Eisteepfirsch. What a great day on BF! I'm off to DL and try all three of todays TM games.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 7, 11 5:05 AM
i am surprised this is the soft release....its a great game,, lots of fun.....i got from the devs when it 1st came out a few weeks ago.....kinda ROR MKFAP,,,,,but more fun,,one feature i liked is youcan click on your workers to hurry them up..

right up there with the Timebuilders series

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Sep 7, 11 6:17 AM
Yay another TM with relaxed mode!! Gorgeous graphics, GREAT game play, nice music....BOUGHT! Ultra well done ALAWAR

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Sep 7, 11 6:32 AM
Demo just ended on me,and I had to buy!!!

Have to disagree~I do not think this game is similar to MKFTP,which I totally hate!

This game is MUCH better,it has a casual mode and your peeps do not have to go all the way back to the house after each action,you can immediately set them on another chore!

LOVE IT,LOVE IT,LOVE IT!

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 7, 11 6:36 AM
Wow I can't believe this is a soft release what a GREAT game ! Gorgeous graphics lots to do and so much fun. I only played the demo long enough to make sure the game would work good and bought it right away. This is one I've been waiting for and I'm so glad it's here. It's similar to MKFP, Roads of Rome and the other building games. You have your regular goals to meet but you also have a bonus goal which gives you a magic lamp further on in the game you will run into some nasty wizards that you have to deal with and dragons. The game is gorgeous to look at very well done and just too fun. Thank you Big Fish and dev's for this sweet little gem !

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 7, 11 6:38 AM
soblessed57 wrote: Demo just ended on me,and I had to buy!!!

Have to disagree~I do not think this game is similar to MKFTP,which I totally hate!

This game is MUCH better,it has a casual mode and your peeps do not have to go all the way back to the house after each action,you can immediately set them on another chore!

LOVE IT,LOVE IT,LOVE IT!

knew you would..

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Sep 7, 11 6:46 AM
LOL, you are right about it being up there with the Timebuilders,and I would even say Jack Of All Tribes, Wonderburg,and Pioneer Lands for fun factor.

I'm so glad that I got directed to this other game genre (over H0Gs) by you and Kel,Thank You, Thank You ,Thank You Both!

Edited on 09/07/2011 at 6:47:37 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 7, 11 6:53 AM
soblessed57 wrote: LOL, you are right about it being up there with the Timebuilders,and I would even say Jack Of All Tribes, Wonderburg,and Pioneer Lands for fun factor.

I'm so glad that I got directed to this other game genre (over H0Gs) by you and Kel,Thank You, Thank You ,Thank You Both!

honestly..unless i read they are steller and long...i dont even trail hogs anymore.....used to buy every single one.......now i just stalk the web for word of new builders....lol

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Sep 7, 11 10:02 AM
I bought the game about 20 minutes into the demo and have been playing it for close to an hour. I love the little workers and even the dragons and since I am playing in the relaxed mode, have had no problem with time running out. They give you about 3-4 times as much time as one would need to complete a level in this mode. Once I finish this chapter, I plan to go back and select the other mode to see if I can beat the shorter times for each level. I see that there are trophies for four chapters, so I should have lots of game time as I haven't finished the first one yet. I am really particular about what kind of time management games I like and this one fits the bill for me like Royal Envoy did. (I have played that several times and enjoyed each time). Anyway, it is definitely worth trying the demo at least. Thanks BFG

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Sep 7, 11 1:07 PM
I am on day 29 and just love the little rafts and when they build the lifts,too cute.
This is a really fun game.

Bella, I am the same,last H0G I bought was Treasures Of Mystery Island: Ghost Ship. If they aren't that good,then I am not interested in H0Gs anymore.

Edited on 09/07/2011 at 1:16:18 PM PST

Hey_j
Flounder
Flounder
2,098 Posts

[Post New]by Hey_j on Sep 7, 11 1:26 PM
Okay--I love this type of game but the constant frantic clicking to get them to work faster and then zap the flying dragon and get the resources before they disappear has made me a nervous wreck! I'm left with a permanent twitching right hand now--well not REALLY but I feel like everything I do now has to be CLICK, CLICK, CLICK to get them to work! Sigh!

I do like this type of game though--minus that fast clicking---my hands are fine, no arthritis as some struggle with--it's my nerves more than anything!!! I hope I can adjust to this cause I already purchased it based on 10 mins. play and the rave reviews! I guess I was just too excited about another game like the others I love!

Go to: