dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Part 2 Yeah! First one was Queen of Spades and was Awesome!

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Sep 8, 11 12:29 AM
Downloading demo and I know Im going to buy before Im even done Playing whole demo. Ive played the first one about 4 times in last few months. I play on advanced... More fun for me.. They had cool music on the first... Will update on this later.
have fun.

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 12:31:17 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Part 2 Yeah! First one was Queen of Spades and was Awesome!

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 8, 11 12:31 AM
I was so looking forwards to trialing this; but D/L been going 30 mins and still only 27%....boo hoo!

swissraven
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by swissraven on Sep 8, 11 12:47 AM
I was looking forward to this game, I am thrilled to be able to try it today!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 8, 11 1:01 AM
All ERS games are excellent-----but why do they not have ANY of them in widescreen? No ERS game I have (all the CEs) even offers this. You would think that as good as they are that they would offer that. Is it that big a leap in programming or development?

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Sep 8, 11 1:15 AM
cbtx wrote:All ERS games are excellent-----but why do they not have ANY of them in widescreen? No ERS game I have (all the CEs) even offers this. You would think that as good as they are that they would offer that. Is it that big a leap in programming or development?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean. The game fills my 21" monitor every time. Sorry to sound dumb, but is that what you are talking about?

I finished the demo and it was as good as I hoped and I will probably be buying it. ERS games are always good and I love that they are making a series out of the Haunted Legends games with that creepy little guy. I wonder about the length since I finished chapter 2 and I believe I had been in Chapter 3 when it quit? I am not a fast player, either.

Definitely worth the try, anyway. Happy Gaming everyone!

Joy

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 8, 11 1:40 AM
Joy, I;m glad it works for you----I have a 17 inch monitor and all the ERS CEs have the black bars down the sides making them look like most of the old games, but for example "Enigmatus" from last week fills it up completely as do the majority of the new CEs, but none of the ERS games do. My resolution is 1366 x 768, so I don;t know if that is part of the difficulty or not since other games fill it up without those black bars. It's running as though it's a 1024 x 768. And there is no option for WS in the options menu. Any ideas?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 8, 11 2:02 AM
I've Queen of Spades, but this one takes so long to download, 79% in one hour and a half.....

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 8, 11 2:38 AM
equusjoy wrote:
cbtx wrote:All ERS games are excellent-----but why do they not have ANY of them in widescreen? No ERS game I have (all the CEs) even offers this. You would think that as good as they are that they would offer that. Is it that big a leap in programming or development?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean. The game fills my 21" monitor every time. Sorry to sound dumb, but is that what you are talking about?
I finished the demo and it was as good as I hoped and I will probably be buying it. ERS games are always good and I love that they are making a series out of the Haunted Legends games with that creepy little guy. I wonder about the length since I finished chapter 2 and I believe I had been in Chapter 3 when it quit? I am not a fast player, either.

Joy

I have a larger monitor/tv thingy and it has no black margins. When I first got my new computer I did have the black bars and customer service at BFG really helped me get it going. I run the resolution at 1024x768 just because it didnt give me problems lol.

Custumer service really helped me when I felt like throwing my new computer out the window lol.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 8, 11 2:51 AM
care___916 wrote:
equusjoy wrote:

Joy

I have a larger monitor/tv thingy and it has no black margins. When I first got my new computer I did have the black bars and customer service at BFG really helped me get it going. I run the resolution at 1024x768 just because it didnt give me problems lol.

Custumer service really helped me when I felt like throwing my new computer out the window lol.

Like you I have always used 1024x768 and have never had a problem filling my screen with any game.

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Sep 8, 11 5:27 AM
cbtx, this may not work, but give it a go, right click on the exe for the game and choose properties, on the compatibility tab tick run in 640x480, ok out and then try again. I know it's a low res number but the ratio is right. See if that fixes the black bars. The beauty (if it does) is that whilst it throws your screen into giant mode as it;s opening once you leave the game you revert to your default resolution.

Go to: