bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 8, 11 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

f1racing
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by f1racing on Sep 8, 11 12:43 AM
I downloaded this game and it went straight to 'trial expired'???? Will try again.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 8, 11 1:01 AM
f1racing wrote:I downloaded this game and it went straight to 'trial expired'???? Will try again.

Did you do a beta of this? It could affect it if you did.

At least you managed to DL, I am still at 48% after 1 hour

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 8, 11 1:22 AM
My download only took 21 min,and the game works a treat. Worth the wait.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 8, 11 1:49 AM
Just wanted to say that the demo download only took me a couple of minutes at the most.
You can`t go by how fast or slow the download others experience. Just because one person has the misfortune to have a slow download doesn`t mean everyone else will.

I usually never have problems with the downloads. They always go fast.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 8, 11 1:52 AM
o,1 MB per 3 seconds!is it speed download?i have stopped this joke after 1 hour and 1/4 and only at 70%!!!!!
but,rebecca,try on your own!maybe have you for some mysterious reasons a quicker dl than others
yesterday,for the game of the day(i don't want,it was experience only!) ,the download speed was awfull!3 mn!

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 1:56:39 AM PST

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Sep 8, 11 1:54 AM
I love ERS games,but for me,this one like all the others wont play without sticking and freezing.This one froze after 5mins of play,and I had to switch off from the console.
It only happens with ERS and I've never been able to find out why.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 8, 11 2:06 AM
Does this game fill up the screen (as in WS) for everyone? Anyone? I find that NO ERS game fills mine like so many of the other games---just the full screen (1024 x 768) like older games. Aside from that, the game runs perfectly. I thought that was just the way it is, but I see from other posts that it fills other fishies monitors---so I wonder why not mine? My resolution is 1366 x 768 and I get the usual black bars. Any thoughts? Anyone? No offer for WS in the options menu of the game.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Sep 8, 11 2:08 AM
f1racing wrote:I downloaded this game and it went straight to 'trial expired'???? Will try again.

I had the same thing happen. It did stay in the "activating" mode for longer than usual, so I shut down GM and restarted it and it said my trial expired. Never did a beta on this, either. I'll retry when I get home from work.

queenjoy
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by queenjoy on Sep 8, 11 2:29 AM

BF,
IE is still saying there is a problem with this web page and closes it/reopens and i am NOT getting a choice on how to pay, i DO NOT want to use my two Game credits on this game , i wont to use them on other games thank you so if i can't pay using PayPal then i won't buy and i still can't buy a Gift Cert as the page still doesn't work, as i said If i have to use my GCC on this game then i will not have it.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Sep 8, 11 3:35 AM
Hey Gang - GAME WILL NOT OPEN. DLed and installed, says "activated" on Game Manager but hitting "play" does nothing, trying to open from desktop icon does nothing. Am not running any other games or applications. Help?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 8, 11 4:07 AM
je_peche wrote:Hey Gang - GAME WILL NOT OPEN. DLed and installed, says "activated" on Game Manager but hitting "play" does nothing, trying to open from desktop icon does nothing. Am not running any other games or applications. Help?
Close your GM and start again. Maybe it works.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 8, 11 4:08 AM
je_peche wrote:Hey Gang - GAME WILL NOT OPEN. DLed and installed, says "activated" on Game Manager but hitting "play" does nothing, trying to open from desktop icon does nothing. Am not running any other games or applications. Help?
Close your GM and start again. Maybe it works.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Sep 8, 11 4:14 AM
did that - also rebooted. Keep getting error message 809, but i'm not running any other games - infact, there are no other games on this computer.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Sep 8, 11 4:32 AM
oh hey yo! I'm a guppy!

ok - this is getting stupid. I've NEVER had this kind of problem DLing, installing or running a game. Am stuck in "waiting to activate" for 15 minutes. Is it the game, or the computer? (oh Amazon...DO hurry up with the new laptop!!!)

xt1no
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by xt1no on Sep 8, 11 4:37 AM
looks like a very good game from the video preview. download very very fast. BUT.... same issues with the 1st one, haunted legend: queen of spades, hit the play now button and all you can see is blank screen. damn! next game, please...

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Sep 8, 11 5:22 AM
right - have uninstalled, reinstalled, practiced patience with "Activation" and it's still stuck. any suggestions?

rosapre
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rosapre on Sep 8, 11 7:37 AM
downloaded quickly with no problems then 5 minutes into it (after checking the jacket that the "little man" had) the game kicked me out. Tried again and the same thing happened. I'm thankful I didn't buy it this time...learned my lesson from all the other glitches that have been happening lately. Usually I know if I'll like a game and I download it and as soon as I see it's working OK I buy it.....but I'm glad I waited this time!

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 7:38:09 AM PST

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Sep 8, 11 9:38 AM
jboliver1999 wrote:

I had the same thing happen. It did stay in the "activating" mode for longer than usual, so I shut down GM and restarted it and it said my trial expired. Never did a beta on this, either. I'll retry when I get home from work.

Same here. Haven't "betaed" it and from the screenshots I can't remember playing it anywhere else.
Well, no try - no buy!

Edit: Well, I uninstalled, downloaded again and then it worked.

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 10:54:43 AM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 8, 11 11:38 AM
Guess what? I have a glitch in this wonderful game. I am upstairs in the tower and no hidden object scene. I have the items from the shield but no sparkles for the hidden object scene. Do I have to start all over? This is no fun!!

Go to: