bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 8, 11 12:41 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 11:35:19 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Review for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 8, 11 12:53 AM
Really really loved the first one and this one didn't make me disappointed either! Played for 30 mins and it's a BUY for me!

Graphics are great, top quality just like other games from ERS, music is stunning and puzzles are super fun! HOG scenes including some interactions as usual which is great and story is great too (even though i like the story of the first one more). The gameplay is just the best, i got hooked and just can't stop playing it!

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Story: A
Music: A*
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 2:50:28 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 8, 11 1:23 AM
I played for 45 minutes. I don't know why, but the game did't grab me. I loved the first one. And I love ERS games. I wait for more reviews. For now I don't know if I buy this one as a CE.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Sep 8, 11 1:36 AM
I finished the entire demo and I was in the third chapter. I am not a fast player, so I am a bit concerned about how many chapters there are in this game. I had already collected quite a few crystals, too.

I enjoyed the first Haunted Legends and I am glad to see they are making a series of them with that little old man in them. lol I am not sure about buying the CE until I find out from someone how many chapters there are. It is definitely worth trying, though, and I did enjoy the trial.

Happy Gaming everyone!

Joy

[Post New]by hannibal884 on Sep 8, 11 1:52 AM
Still waiting to play, 2 hours and still downloading GRRRRRH !!

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Sep 8, 11 1:58 AM
Its Thursday again, download taking forever

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 8, 11 2:14 AM
Like all ERS games, this appears to be a definite buy---intriguing story, great visuals, hidden object scenes are very well done, and the puzzles are challenging enough without being hair-pulling. Great game----now if only it would fill the entire screen, black bars on either side sort of make the game look dated-but then again, none of the ERS games are WS (at least none of the CEs and I have all of them).

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 2:19:19 AM PST

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 8, 11 2:38 AM
Played only a 1/2 hour,and as usual a beautiful looking game from ERS. I always try a new game in a casual mode first. This one has minimal hand holding , but you do have the sparkles for the hidden object scene's which are fun with objects hidden within other objects.No strain on the eyes to find them. One of the reasons I enjoy playing games from ERS is because its a nice change from games that you need a road map a lot of patience and a terrific memory and it has to be played continuously or you have to start over because you got lost and don't remember where what goes where. I know that is what the guides are for , but where is the fun in the game if you don't take the time to try and work it out for yourself. I enjoy these type of game on days I have a few hours to spend on them, but most days life happens and so games like Today's come in very handy for those spare hour or so. Whenever I find a game I want to keep playing I stop at the halfway point in the demo so that after I buy I can start over in the advanced mode Especially like this one whose advanced mode Lets you have the fun of finding your own way. This one is a definite buy for me. By the way the strategy guide is available within the game and remains in the same place you last used it. I only tried it out to see how it works since many posters usually like knowing how it works.
Happy Gaming to those who like me like to take their time and enjoy a good game and not just rush through it and complain it was just too short.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 8, 11 2:44 AM
ERS is just one of the best game makers. The quality is just the best and this game is no exception. The story so far leave's me a little empty but maybe it gets better. The story just didn't grab me so far, but the overall game play is just the best and a must have for sure. If you've never played an ERS game, your really missing out on great games. Be sure to give this game a try and it's a buy for me. Enjoy!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 8, 11 2:45 AM
ERS must I say more lol. Demo went by so fast. I purchased this game asap and as usual the graphics are really super in this game. Great voices, which I love. So far in the game it seems maybe there will be some twists and turns in this story so hopefully it won’t be samo samo story.

SG available in game. Wish ERS would would change the SG so when you click on a picture you could still access the page.

When I purchased the game I started the game from the beginning and the hidden objects were all different so will be a good replay game for me.

Happy gaming no housework for me today lol

Well its almost 7am and I just finished the game. I felt the bonus was a little short but maybe its just me. I enjoyed the adventure part of the game but was not real satisfied with the outcome/ending. Will not say anything about that and I will look for other reviews.

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 6:58:32 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 8, 11 3:01 AM
Others have done good reviews. Thank you.
I just wanted to say, a pretty easy game so far, graphis excellent as usual with ERS
Nice to know about the replay value, thank you Care

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Sep 8, 11 3:12 AM
Just a few comments, not really a review.

The download from beginning to ready-to-play took less than 10 minutes with Verizon Fios, so I don't think slow downloads are a universal problem. Those of you who have them have my sympathy, really.

Displays full screen on my 22" widescreen. There is a game option for full screen which you may need to select.

According to the SG, there are 8 chapters. I can't say whether the chapters get longer as the game progresses. I am the world's slowest game player, so it will be long enough for me.

The SG keeps your place and brings you back to the last page you accessed. I always like that.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Sep 8, 11 3:17 AM
I am a ERS fan anything those people put out has always been good game. The story line, graphics and sound are very good. I will be buying this one.

tatsu1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tatsu1952 on Sep 8, 11 3:20 AM
equusjoy wrote:I finished the entire demo and I was in the third chapter. I am not a fast player, so I am a bit concerned about how many chapters there are in this game. I had already collected quite a few crystals, too.

I enjoyed the first Haunted Legends and I am glad to see they are making a series of them with that little old man in them. lol I am not sure about buying the CE until I find out from someone how many chapters there are. It is definitely worth trying, though, and I did enjoy the trial.

Happy Gaming everyone!

Joy

I have the same reservations, Joy. I think I'll wait 'til someone finishes it and posts how long it is before I buy.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 8, 11 3:40 AM
tatsu1952 wrote:
equusjoy wrote:I finished the entire demo and I was in the third chapter. I am not a fast player, so I am a bit concerned about how many chapters there are in this game. I had already collected quite a few crystals, too.

Happy Gaming everyone!

Joy

I have the same reservations, Joy. I think I'll wait 'til someone finishes it and posts how long it is before I buy.

Just remember, your were playing a sample, not a 1 hour trial

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 8, 11 4:20 AM
Just played through the tutorial (it really doesn't need one, but you never know if they're going to throw in something different) and so far, I love it. The graphics are what we've come to expect from ERS and I've been waiting to find out where that little man from Queen of Spades got off to. My only complaint is that I'm getting a little tired of the ERS music and wish they'd change it. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it appears to be in every single game.

I like the SG, what I could see of it, anyway, and the H/O scenes are neither too difficult nor too easy. I will definitely be purchasing the game, but whether the CE or the SE remains to be seen because I just bought Enigmatis, and I'm waiting for several other games to come out in SE. Decisions, decisions....

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Sep 8, 11 4:35 AM
care___916 wrote:ERS must I say more lol.
Believe it or not, not everyone is an ERS fan.
I really like some of their games a lot, but found the most recent 5 or 6 to be major disappointments. Their work sure is pretty but all from the same cookie-cutter mold. Money makers yes, but where's the soul?

I'll demo this but won't expect much different. Unfortunately.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 8, 11 4:53 AM
RenaissanceMom wrote:
care___916 wrote:ERS must I say more lol.
Believe it or not, not everyone is an ERS fan.
I really like some of their games a lot, but found the most recent 5 or 6 to be major disappointments. Their work sure is pretty but all from the same cookie-cutter mold. Money makers yes, but where's the soul?

I'll demo this but won't expect much different. Unfortunately.

Hi, I do agree that there have been a few games that the storyline wasnt up to par for me either. But I sure love their graphics.

[Post New]by heatherington on Sep 8, 11 5:01 AM
"S' wonderful! 'S marvelous!...S' awful nice! 'S paradise!...S' what I love to see...Oh! 'S wonderful! 'S marvelous!...S' wonderful! S' marvelous!...S' awful nice! S' paradise!...S' what I love to see...My dear, it's four-leaf clover ti...rom now on my heart's working overtime....Oh! S' wonderful! 'S marvelous!"

Yea!

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 5:01:34 AM PST

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 8, 11 5:03 AM
For me, ERS=BUY!

Go to: