Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew - Secret Of The Old Clock forum

[Post New]by erojoj on Sep 8, 08 6:54 PM
Hello, I am new here I have just purchased secert of the old clock, I can not get the code of the old gate house, could someone please help. Thank you.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 8, 08 7:07 PM
Hi- welcome to the forums!

Are you talking about the big barn with the 4 letter wheels on the front?

[Post New]by golden123 on Sep 16, 08 12:25 PM
hya can anyone help PLEASE . i ve reached the fishing pond how do i direct the fishing rod to the right place. its driving me mad

gailfriend429
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by gailfriend429 on Jan 11, 09 10:11 AM
boy do I need help!
First I didn't save the game right, so this is my 3rd time around.....anyway. Are there any screen shots to show you how to play the Bard Bounce? I am not getting anywhere, not good at this kind of thing LOL
Also, my girl Nancy is down to 45 cents, has already gotten stuck picking up bolts in the garage, so how can she earn some more cash? Asking Daddy (my choice) doesn't seem to be an option. Thanks for any help!!!

Gailfriend

louabell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by louabell on Jan 12, 09 8:05 AM
gailfriend429 wrote: boy do I need help!
First I didn't save the game right, so this is my 3rd time around.....anyway. Are there any screen shots to show you how to play the Bard Bounce? I am not getting anywhere, not good at this kind of thing LOL
Also, my girl Nancy is down to 45 cents, has already gotten stuck picking up bolts in the garage, so how can she earn some more cash? Asking Daddy (my choice) doesn't seem to be an option. Thanks for any help!!!

Gailfriend

ok nancy has to do go around delivering tellegrams to make money

Edited on 01/12/2009 at 8:07:38 AM PST

louabell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by louabell on Jan 12, 09 8:11 AM
erojoj wrote:Hello, I am new here I have just purchased secert of the old clock, I can not get the code of the old gate house, could someone please help. Thank you.

there 4 names you have to search around and ask questins and do in order

Keen Omar Pony lois
have fun

louabell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by louabell on Jan 12, 09 8:19 AM
golden123 wrote:hya can anyone help PLEASE . i ve reached the fishing pond how do i direct the fishing rod to the right place. its driving me mad

ok use minnows and try to get the rod to go in the grassbeds to you right

[Post New]by tessie1982 on Feb 23, 09 1:24 PM
Hi I am also stuck on he barn doors. I have done the four letters KOPL in order and not in order but I still can't get the last letter. The first 3 are there but on the last one there is no L? Help please!
thanks
Tessie

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 23, 09 1:26 PM
tessie1982 wrote:Hi I am also stuck on he barn doors. I have done the four letters KOPL in order and not in order but I still can't get the last letter. The first 3 are there but on the last one there is no L? Help please!
thanks
Tessie

Hi Tessie- the four words are: keen, omar, lois and pony...

[Post New]by hunnyjar3 on Mar 1, 09 10:19 PM
the code to the barn doors are Keen,Omar,Pony,Lois in that order. KOPL

[Post New]by gypsyorchid on Apr 6, 09 1:42 PM
HELP! I missed looking at the note in emily's drawer - now the game won't let me go back & it won't accept the code to open the bottom of the big clock, even though I am keying in the correct code (which I found online). ! I know I am close to the end & I REALLY don't want to have to start WAY back from the scene where I SHOULD have looked in emily's drawer!
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem, or to get emily out of her room so I can look at the letter? Everytime I try she keeps saying "you don't need to look at everything in there, do you?"
AHHHHHHH!!!

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 18, 09 9:04 AM
by gypsyorchid on April 6, 1:42 PM
HELP! I missed looking at the note in emily's drawer - now the game won't let me go back & it won't accept the code to open the bottom of the big clock, even though I am keying in the correct code (which I found online). ! I know I am close to the end & I REALLY don't want to have to start WAY back from the scene where I SHOULD have looked in emily's drawer!
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem, or to get emily out of her room so I can look at the letter? Everytime I try she keeps saying "you don't need to look at everything in there, do you?"
AHHHHHHH!!!

I'm not sure if you have gotten to the part where you have to sew that dress, but that's where Emily leaves for town and you can get a peek at that letter in her drawer. After you ask her permission to use the sewing machine and discover there's no needle, go downstairs and talk to Jane about the needle. When you're done rearranging her pies for her and get the needle, go upstairs and find that Emily went into town. I don't know if you still need this help or not, but I hope it helps!

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 18, 09 9:06 AM
I really liked this game. It was shorter than the other Nancy Drew game I had played (Curse of Blackmoor Manor) and I was able to finish this one in a day. I think my biggest problem was avoiding those potholes so I didn't get a flat tire. Overall I really like the Nancy Drew games. I noticed that there a few Nancy Drew games not offered on the BFG site. Does anyone know if will eventually offer them all? I prefer to buy my games from this site.

[Post New]by bon1225 on Jul 31, 09 10:08 PM
Good morning:

I am new here, and have purchased this game, my second Nancy Drew. I ended up at the fishing pond and have been here for four days and cannot catch that blasted 19 inch fish. I'[ve read that the way to catch him is to get your rod in the grassbeds to my right. But please tell me how to aim the poles, please? Thanks so much.

Bonnie

You know, as soon as I posted this, I realized that I was clicking on the rod, and I should have been clocking on a spot in the lake! DUH! As soon as I went back to the game, did that, I got the fish!

Edited on 07/31/2009 at 10:23:40 PM PST

eres_
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by eres_ on Nov 18, 09 3:19 PM
Ok. I just got this game today and already I'm stuck. The first game, where you pair-up the men to a woman. I did it by colors. I have all paired, but 1 set. How? All my game help is paired. Maybe their wrong too.....how do I get this? Can anyone offer some directions?

[Post New]by enyaenigma on Jan 22, 10 2:48 AM
Im so frustrated - ticked all my tasks but the clock in the attic cant get the "bottom" one to come up have got all the symbols correct for the "Thisby", "Pyramus" and "Flute" but the "bottom" does not appear so cant put the symbols in for this please help im near the end now and dont want to start all over again!!

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jan 29, 10 5:17 AM
Maybe you did not do the 3rd one correctly if Bottom is now showing up.

julesy

jaramilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jaramilo on Jul 12, 10 9:16 AM
Overall I really enjoyed this game, although it is clearly aimed at a younger audience and some of the game play is very annoying and repetitious. "The Secret of the Old Clock" was one of my favorite Nancy Drew books. I was lucky enough to read my mother's original editions before they were modernized and enjoyed the late 1920's setting of the game. I also particularly enjoyed the voice actress playing Jane Willoughby -- Sarah Papineau. She was so very the 1930's "chippie" that I expected to hear gum smacking!

PROS: The game play is mostly non-linear which is very enjoyable as it lets you spend time exploring, discovering and getting familiar with the game controls and environment.
The puzzles are for the most part challenging enough to keep your interest.
The artwork and scenes are clearly drawn.
The sub game of earning money is fun, though distracting.
A "Pro" for me, which may be a "Con" for others, is that you need to keep notes unless you have a very good memory. Or unless you don't mind running back and forth between scenes.

CONS: Repetitious - It takes over 21 clicks to move between the houses. There should be some better way moving between locations, once you have taken the long route.
Dialogue is repeated over and over with no way to skip dialog which you’ve already heard.
Two of the sub games are very difficult unless you have good mouse skills – the miniature golf game and sewing the dress. I somewhat enjoyed the golf but detested the sewing challenge.

Overall a 4 out of 5

jaramilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jaramilo on Jul 12, 10 9:29 AM
To erojo - I can not get the code of the old gate house
tessie1982 - I am also stuck on the barn doors

And others:

You actually have to complete the tasks to find the code words for the garage, even though you know them: win the Bard's game; finish the miniature golf game at or under par (21 points); read the book on the bed in Emily's room; and talk to people to find out Emily's mother's middle name.

Giving people the answers without telling them that they actually have to complete the puzzles for the answers to be of use is very frustrating.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jul 12, 10 11:15 AM
jaramilo wrote:To erojo - I can not get the code of the old gate house
tessie1982 - I am also stuck on the barn doors

And others:

You actually have to complete the tasks to find the code words for the garage, even though you know them: win the Bard's game; finish the miniature golf game at or under par (21 points); read the book on the bed in Emily's room; and talk to people to find out Emily's mother's middle name.

Giving people the answers without telling them that they actually have to complete the puzzles for the answers to be of use is very frustrating.

To get eh code of the old gate house..You just need to fine the book that Josiah has in his house.. asking 4 questions that you need to find the answers.. when you find the answers just put those answers on the four openings completely and it should open!

Go to: