Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Download

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 11, 11 12:24 AM
I hope it will take less time to download than for Haunted Legends

3 HOURS Incredible !!!!

And another 3 hours to get the full version, how I love this new GM.....

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Download

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 11, 11 12:30 AM
My apologises, this one took 6 minutes. How weird lately.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 11, 11 12:35 AM
Poutoule wrote:My apologises, this one took 6 minutes. How weird lately.

WOW a total of 6hrs for your game you really have patience. I am impressed lol.

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Sep 11, 11 12:38 AM
same here - 3 hours on Thursday and bad on Friday as well but 3 minutes today !

rolled back to the old GM yesterday so keeping everything crossed

vievieta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by vievieta on Sep 11, 11 12:38 AM
That`s impossible, the downloading is perfect

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 12:38:38 AM PST

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 11, 11 12:48 AM
vievieta wrote:That`s impossible, the downloading is perfect[/quote
Which game manager are you using?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 11, 11 12:48 AM
DL was fine!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 11, 11 12:55 AM
Why does everyone blame the new GM on their download time? The reason I am wondering about that is because I never had problems with any of the different GM versions, neither on my Vista nor on my Win7 laptop, and nothing works slower as before and the games download just as fast as they used to. And I have heard others say the same.

There could be all sorts of reasons for a slow download. For one, there are a huge amount of members here who download games 24/7 (and not just the latest game). So perhaps BigFish hasn`t upgraded the site to allow for more space so that games are downloaded faster (or whatever it is they need to do to fix this problem).

For another, it could be the connection/download speed that your internet provider offers. There is quite a huge difference in speed from provider to provider.

Also, I have downloaded games from other sites that are much slower than BigFish, and there is only one that is much faster than BigFish when it comes to downloading games.

But as I said, the games always download at the same reasonable time for me, which means they take a couple of minutes to download.

ETA: The download for this game was 2 minutes for me.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 1:06:30 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 11, 11 1:44 AM
I've noticed my games download faster if I close my internet windows. When Im typing away, it takes the speed away from the download so I don't think its the new GM at all that is making it slower, I think it has to do with what you are doing on your computer. I find when Im on this site, typing in these forums and trying to download something, it takes ages but when I close all the windows, it goes by fast. The download speed also varies by how many people are downloading from this site. It tends to be very busy when the new game of the day is released so if you wait a couple hours or do it right at the moment its released, not a minute later and close ALL windows, you can get it to download really fast. Hope that helps =)

And when its sticky like it takes forever for a post to go through on the forums and it posts multiple times, that generally means there is a lot of activity going on, on this site so you really want to close everything on your computer!

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 1:46:40 AM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 11, 11 2:00 AM
My download for this game took about 5 minutes, roughly, and that is usually the case each time (sometimes it takes a lot longer, but that is often my ISP playing up).

What is slower for me, is the opening and closing of the GM - that is definitely longer than it used to be with the previous GMs

I agree with others who have commented about this GM being resource hungry - it is, and I really don't need ads on it for all those games, whether I play those genres or not - it is completely unnecessary, and annoying

Ok, I will get off my soapbox, now, lol.

Jen

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 11, 11 2:06 AM
mamajay wrote:What is slower for me, is the opening and closing of the GM - that is definitely longer than it used to be with the previous GMs

I agree with others who have commented about this GM being resource hungry - it is, and I really don't need ads on it for all those games, whether I play those genres or not - it is completely unnecessary, and annoying

Jen

Good morning, mamajay...

For me the opening and closing of the GM is instantly. Just as fast as it used to be with the old GM.

And yes, I don`t care for the live adds being part of the GM. My laptop is coping splendidly with those, but there are a lot of peeps who don`t have a new and powerful computer, and suffer.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 11, 11 2:15 AM
I don't care for the live ads either but I just ignore them. I have most of the games offered anyways LOL

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Sep 11, 11 4:48 AM
Just finished downloading the game only took a couple of minutes. I think some of the reason people are having such long download times is they are probably doing other stuff online or have too many windows open. Doing too many things at one time while downloading does take away the speed of the download. I have only had a few times where the download was slow, but since the new GM my downloads have been faster then ever.

waVcraZd
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,052 Posts

[Post New]by waVcraZd on Sep 11, 11 7:48 AM
Just have to pop in about download time.
I never have anything open when I download but the GM. This may sound trivial but my downloads used to finish in the blink of an eye. With the new GM they can take 15 minutes, which I realize is not the frustration some are dealing with, but for me that is a long time.
Anyone who doesn't believe it's the new GM is just lucky.
'nough said. Sorry.

Go to: