TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 11, 11 12:39 AM
This is from Vast Studio (Written Legends, Nightfall Mysteries, Lost Chronicles) and i have to say that this is the best of their games so far

Graphics are great (not clear, a bit grainy) but it's dark and mysterious, suit with the atmosphere. Animations, effects are really great, i love the rain effects so much.... There're voice overs which is great! Story is very interesting, with few twists, exciting and hooking! Puzzles are easy but fun so far, HOG scenes are not difficult but some items are difficult but they're not impossible to find. Overall, i loved this game very much, not the best CE HOG but still fantastic! It's another BUY for me!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: A*
Music: A
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 2:32:03 AM PST

Re:Reviews for Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 11, 11 12:51 AM
After 30 minutes playing I bought the game. It's great! Puzzles are nice and the hidden objects scene are clear and very clever done.

Happy gaming!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 11, 11 1:00 AM
This is a good one and a must have of course. It does seem that all the CE's there putting out lately seem to be the best. Very interesting story so far, graphics are a little dark and hard to see, but the overall gameplay it great. When I stared it, I wasn't sure if I liked it, but then I found myself not wanting to quit. I found the mystery very good and keeps me on my toes and jumpy a little. I love me some voiceovers and this one has some. I can't wait to find out what happens, so it's buy for me. Be sure to check this one out. Enjoy!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 11, 11 1:22 AM
Superb game, Vast! Thank you and BF!

(After the wonderful reviews, there is nothing what to add)...

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Sep 11, 11 1:26 AM
I made myself stop buying the CEs for the time being because with both my husband and I being out of work money is getting tight. Then this game came up and I have to know what happens. grrrrrrrrrr

So I am buying it because it looks good, it grabbed my attention, and it's a good stress escape.

Happy Gaming to everyone and don't forget to take a moment to remember and honor the memory of all those who were lost on this day 10 years ago.

Joy

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 1:28:12 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 11, 11 1:36 AM
I LOVE VAST Studios. They are my FAVORITE developer as the Nightfall Mysteries are my favorite games of all time. This is one of the greatest games I have played in a LONGGG time. Im very hard to please. I've been so sick of formula games and I was beginning to think I needed a full time break BUT this is what I am talking about. This is a wonderful game.

It has voiceovers that actually match the character, IMO. It has junkpile hidden object scenes but it matches the atmosphere you are in so its no biggie. Its creepy, very creepy and the graphics are grainy but because of where you are, it doesn't matter. It doesn't have a lame theme about finding someone's family BUT instead you are discovering the secrets of a town you turn up in. I LOVE searching around broken down towns and this one is creepy and has creepy characters milling around it as well. It has 6 chapters and a bonus game and little money bags you can collect to unlock extras like music and other goodies. The bonus game looks like its actually a BONUS and not the ending of the game like some games we've been getting lately so it will be safe to wait for the SE as it should be anyways. It has lots of things to do and is pretty challenging. The hidden object scenes are interactive and bright which is great because the game is on the darker side. Its raining during it which just enhances the environment.

When this game makes it over to MAC, I will be buying it. This is a MUST HAVE game =) Happy Gaming to all =)

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 11, 11 1:42 AM
I agree with all of the positive reviews. Great graphics and the storyline has me caught up in it. Have to purchase to see what happens.

Thanks to the Dev's for this great game.

Happy game day

I just finished the game and it was a great story. I am disappointed in the short length. I am a super slow player and take my time. It was about 4 hours with a lot of breaks that I took during the game. I think the bonus was about 1 hr.

I would have felt I got my monies worth if it was longer.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 4:42:47 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 11, 11 2:19 AM
I agree with all the positive comments made above, this is a great game and I was hooked straightaway . I am playing in expert mode and it is heaven not having any glints and discovering things for myself . The graphics are suitable for the story and I like the voiceovers .

LOL it is not often that a game makes me jump but this game has managed to do it twice so far although the second time was more a slight startle .

There is just one thing that is stopping me buying it at the moment and that is that I am at the tent and I just can't click on the sign because every time I try I get kicked out of the hidden object scene and, once I even ended up two scenes away grrrr ... guess I held the mouse button down too long that time in frustration of not being able to get it . This symbol is far too close to the exit area arrow because it is on top of it and I am hoping that someone can tell me how they managed to collect it as I am eager to continue playing the game.

Please devs don't put objects we need to click on on top of exit areas as it is soooooo darn frustrating finding yourself in the previous scene.

Cherb

ETA ...

I did eventually manage to click on the sign but it was extremely difficult and I got thrown out of the scene more times before I managed it ... the exit arrow is actually bouncing up and down right over the sign .

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 11:14:24 AM PST

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 11, 11 2:34 AM
Thanks Team SD for starting this thread! I've gone ahead and stickied it for you!

Hey Fishies! What do you think of Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 11, 11 3:05 AM
cherbtoo wrote:There is just one thing that is stopping me buying it at the moment and that is that I am at the tent and I just can't click on the sign because every time I try I get kicked out of the hidden object scene and, once I even ended up two scenes away grrrr ... guess I held the mouse button down too long that time in frustration of not being able to get it . This symbol is far too close to the exit area arrow because it is on top of it and I am hoping that someone can tell me how they managed to collect it as I am eager to continue playing the game.

Please devs don't put objects we need to click on on top of exit areas as it is soooooo darn frustrating finding yourself in the previous scene.

Cherb
I had the same. I could't take the dollar sign. But I succeed!

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Sep 11, 11 3:38 AM
I thought this was a really good game. It was quite challenging. The gameplay was good along with the music and the graphics. I was quite disappointed when the hour demo ended. I would rate this a 9 out of 10.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 11, 11 3:38 AM
I had no problem with the $ sign. The box on which it was on was not too far down at the bottom, at least not in my game, although I have had this problem with other games.

I played the hour-long demo and like the game enough to buy the SE, but not the CE.

Kudos to the devs for allowing us to see all of the SG in the demo.
I liked the graphics, and gameplay as well. H0 scenes were clear and objects were easy enough to find.

But although I did enjoy this game, I won`t buy the CE - but that`s because I have been disappointed more often than not when buying the CE. So I rather wait for the SE.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Sep 11, 11 3:41 AM
Team SD: I am really impressed with the way you write your game reviews. They are short and to the point. I especially like the way you use the letters to rate parts of the game.I will be trying this game because of your excellent fornat for writing game reviews. I will b writing my own game review when I have completed it although it probably,will not be near as good as the format you use. Thanks to all the other peope who take the time and effort to write these reviews. It is greatly appreciated by all. I hope you all keep up the good work.

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Sep 11, 11 3:53 AM
Why so many CE's here lately?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 11, 11 3:54 AM
This is another game from the developers from "Nightfall Mysteries" (one of my favourite ihogs ever!). This game has 6 chapters plus 1 bonus chapter in the CE. The graphic is really good, the storyline is fantastic (and very scary too), hogscenes and puzzles are also good. Overall its a definete buy for me.

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Sep 11, 11 4:40 AM
SusanBStephens wrote:Why so many CE's here lately?

More game play for the

Play now for $13.99, or wait for 2-3 months & pay $6.99 & wonder what you missed

Some of us want more for the money / Some of us don't!!

greytgal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by greytgal on Sep 11, 11 5:14 AM
Blackie61958 wrote:
SusanBStephens wrote:Why so many CE's here lately?

More game play for the

Play now for $13.99, or wait for 2-3 months & pay $6.99 & wonder what you missed

I don't agree that you get more game play for your money with a CE because the bonus chapters are usually only about an hour in length and you are paying twice as much. On the other hand, getting 3 punches on your punch card is a great incentive.
Due to current finances, I usually have to wait for a CE to come out as a SE, and I find they it only take about a month to show up.
Thanks to all of you who post reviews. It helps so much and is greatly appreciated! I may have to suck it up and buy this one now ----but I am worried about the short length. Maybe I'll have more coffee and try the demo, right?

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 11, 11 5:49 AM
I joined Big Fish because I could get great games for a great price. The games are still awesome but the price of the majority of them has doubled This, for example, is an excellent game but for those of us on a budget it just don't work. I can't justify $30.00 or more a week just for games. That's more than my monthly light bill!

That said, this is a fantastic game. Great graphics, sound, voice overs and game play. The hidden object scenes are interactive and clear. No tiny little objects to find. The mini games range from very easy to rather difficult and are for the most part original.
The story is a well used one but the play is what grabs you.
The strategy guide is very well done and I did need it even for the hour demo.

A game I wish I could buy right now but it will go on my list to buy when it comes out in SE.

out of 5.

Reviews for Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by wingnuts0915 on Sep 11, 11 6:03 AM
TeamSD wrote:This is from Vast Studio (Written Legends, Nightfall Mysteries, Lost Chronicles) and i have to say that this is the best of their games so far

Graphics are great (not clear, a bit grainy) but it's dark and mysterious, suit with the atmosphere. Animations, effects are really great, i love the rain effects so much.... There're voice overs which is great! Story is very interesting, with few twists, exciting and hooking! Puzzles are easy but fun so far, HOG scenes are not difficult but some items are difficult but they're not impossible to find. Overall, i loved this game very much, not the best CE HOG but still fantastic! It's another BUY for me!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: A*
Music: A
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can as high as A* or as low as F!

Thank you for your comprehensive reviews. I look for them before I even bother to download the trials.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 11, 11 6:06 AM
After I posted my review I went back and read some of the others. I rarely read them first so I'm not influenced by others.
Today really made me laugh! It seems that everyone at the same time has had enough of the $13.99. When we joined a CE was rare. Now an SE that is worth playing is the rarity. If I have to pay $13.99 for a game I can do that on other sites without paying the monthly membership. I am going to ride this out for a while longer because I am loyal to Big Fish. I have played many games that were well worth the $6.99 so I will see if this is just a run on CE's. If that is the case it has been a looong run but I will wait and see.
As I stated in my review, paying $30.00 or more a week to play games is not in many peoples budget these days. I end up playing a lot of demos just to give me something to do while I wait for a game I can afford.
Right now I am off to play Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight. I waited for the SE and bought then. I never miss the Bonus play. Who needs to pay another $7.00 for that extra 30 to 40 minutes?

Go to: