bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 11, 11 2:31 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Sep 11, 11 5:03 AM
First time I have had this happen. It is liveable but still....the Menu button and the Hint button only show up 1/2 on my screen, I don't see the full buttons. I don't have a large screen, just a regular desktop one. Never had a game be too big for my screen like this one.

Just thought I'd mention it....

marthadunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by marthadunk on Sep 11, 11 5:34 AM
Game loads easily. I can enter the game, but the list of hidden objects to locate is "cut off "by the lower portion of my computer screen. The cursor cannot be placed directly on an object but rather, I have to search for the"sweet spot" to click. I had the same problem when I went to the game options button.
I deleted the game, re loaded and had the same problems.

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 11, 11 5:52 AM
marthadunk wrote:Game loads easily. I can enter the game, but the list of hidden objects to locate is "cut off "by the lower portion of my computer screen. The cursor cannot be placed directly on an object but rather, I have to search for the"sweet spot" to click. I had the same problem when I went to the game options button.
I deleted the game, re loaded and had the same problems.
I'm having the same problem. I don't even see the menu button and the list is cut off at the bottom. When I try to pick an item up I have to click above it to get it.

stavvi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by stavvi on Sep 11, 11 5:58 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:First time I have had this happen. It is liveable but still....the Menu button and the Hint button only show up 1/2 on my screen, I don't see the full buttons. I don't have a large screen, just a regular desktop one. Never had a game be too big for my screen like this one.

Just thought I'd mention it....

I also have this problem with the menu and hint button.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Sep 11, 11 6:06 AM
Now I don't know what to think....

I downloaded the game and then was waiting to activate. Never got the popup to click on for that. In the Game Manager with the heading 'My Games by activation status' where it says GAMES on the left, there was a half circle of dots to the right of GAMES showing movement. I just thought that for some reason it was unable to activate. Then finally I look and my trial was over. lol I wonder if I enjoyed it....

Just for the heck of it I went and uninstalled and reinstalled and had a 60 minute trial!?! Fantastic game.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 8:42:15 AM PST

[Post New]by cmgillispie on Sep 11, 11 8:32 AM
The game loaded just fine, then I got the following error message:
0x4FF46892 (tried to read from 0x09F0400), program terminated.

skingman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by skingman on Sep 11, 11 8:51 AM
It's too big for my screen, I tried changing my resolution didn't help, and the cursor doesn't match up with the buttons( play, options etc). I tried reinstalling it also .. no luck.

fatbuttmut
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by fatbuttmut on Sep 11, 11 9:16 AM
I got that error message as soon as I got into the game. Loaded it again and it's very slow going and jerky. Kind of difficult to play it due to the technical problems.

Kanithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Kanithia on Sep 11, 11 9:28 AM
The game downloaded just fine. However, there are pauses between my click and an action. I'm never sure if I made the right move or not. Also doesn't fit my screen correctly - bottom half of game is cut off. Perhaps these are fixable things?

[Post New]by chiefbob911911 on Sep 11, 11 10:05 AM
got to the gate where you had to mix the paint but the wheel with the arrow to turn to the different colors would not work

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Sep 11, 11 11:32 AM
after dealing with 2 crashes at the beginning of the game, I am now at the fuse box and there are no wires for me to connect, I have checked the strategy guide and they are suppose to be there, doesn't show anywhere I am suppose to go find wires. I will for the third time try to reboot the game and hope it fixes it but since I'm at the beginning and already having this many problems I am assuming I will spend the most part rebooting the game or getting the terminate error messages again. This is the second game this week I have had problems with. I have a fairly new $1500 touch screen computer, using Vista, I own almost 200 games with BF so I know this isn't a computer problem this is a glitch or something with these games. I hope this won't be continuing with every game I'll be downloading. I've spent a great deal of money on games and CE mostly so please figure out a way to correct the games before putting them on here for purchases. If numerous people are having the same issues with games then it's the game not our computers.

[Post New]by abbotsford on Sep 11, 11 11:36 AM
Have the same problem. Too big for my screen. There must be a solution to this.
Help anyone.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 11, 11 11:47 AM
I am playing on a 23" wide screen monitor. I normally have my resolution set at 1360x768. This resolution works for me for everything. It is the best setting for me to read text on the internet and all of my other programs, such as Word, Excel, other games, etc.

When playing this game at that resolution, in full screen, part of the edges of the game scenes are not there and some items are very difficult or impossible to click. I have to change my resolution to 1920x1080 in order to play in full screen and see the complete scene.

When the game option to play in full screen is chosen, the game should adjust to whatever screen resolution is in use on the computer. I understand that when choosing the windowed mode that I may have to change my resolution but I should not have to change my screen resolution when playing in full screen.

judith12
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by judith12 on Sep 11, 11 11:48 AM
I downloaded the demo; but when I went to play, it said time expired. what gives? If I can't play the demo, I'm certainly NOT going to buy the game. How can I fix this?

mrsj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by mrsj on Sep 11, 11 12:06 PM
i have a problem with the miners rings, i have collected them all, but must have given one miner two or something and now i can't finish the game because one of my miners doesn't have a ring

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 11, 11 12:18 PM
Having the same problem as others .. it seems to be too big for my screen,and it's off centre, towards the right. I can't access the 'exit' button.

Not only that but the 'Play', 'Options', and 'Extras' buttons don't light up when I click then. If I hover my mouse around the general area of the buttons, they do light up, but go dead again when I try and move the cursor on to them.

I had to use the taskmaster to exit .. which my system DOESN'T like, at all.

Hopefully, a fix can be found because it looks like a great game.
Jo

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Sep 11, 11 12:25 PM
Same screen size issues. I have a 19" laptop, win7 and can't see edges of game and can't click directly on options, exit, etc. How is it that some of us have problem others don't? I'm up-to-date on drivers.

JosieB5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by JosieB5 on Sep 11, 11 12:48 PM
I have the same problems with Error message Access Violation. it is very annoying as this is shaping up to be a great game

cmpg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by cmpg on Sep 11, 11 12:50 PM
I am also having an issue at the end of the game with the miners rings. The game doesn't recognize that I have collected all the rings--so I cannot finish the game.

Go to: