bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake - Released on June 15, 2008

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
As Nancy Drew, track the history of Mike Malone, a notorious gangster who once lived in a lakeside cabin. Trail a mysterious pack of dogs rumored to have risen from the dead to protect their master`s secrets. Decipher cryptic puzzles and dodge danger in this immersive Adventure mystery. You`ll meet a variety of fascinating characters, all with something to hide. Can you unravel the secrets and expose the truth in Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake?

Re:Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake - Released on June 15, 2008

[Post New]by latinlizzie on Jan 5, 09 8:57 AM
hi, this game is driving me crazy. I have tried finding the last bug, i know there are 12, day or night, under stones and logs but nothing, can anyone help, please, i even have the walk through but still stuck.
thanks for any help

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jan 6, 09 2:50 PM
latinlizzie wrote:hi, this game is driving me crazy. I have tried finding the last bug, i know there are 12, day or night, under stones and logs but nothing, can anyone help, please, i even have the walk through but still stuck.
thanks for any help

My last critter always seems to be the worms under the calendar stone behind the cabin.

Julesy

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 15, 10 6:07 AM
Again, no review thread, so I'm using this one.

Both Secret of the Scarlet Hand and Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake have been published in 2002. The first one in September, the other one in November. But during those months there must have been some kind of meeting at HER Interactive.

I criticised Scarlet Hand for having an ancient graphic, not much interaction with other characters and my biggest beef was that you had to travel back to the hotel all the time to look at your notes, thus having to write down everything and draw maps for yourself.

Now, what did they change in Pennsylvania? Interaction is still at a minimum, you meet three people during the game. Graphics seem to be a little better, let's say instead of 1992 I would now say you can compare it to games from 1999. But, big BUT, you get a Palm. So essentially you have your clues with you all the time - get stuck, have a look on the palm, you are on your way again. And suddenly the game is much less unnerving and much better.

The puzzles are fine, most of the time it's clear what you have to do - and you can always phone Bess, George and the Hardys, with the phone being in a convenient, central location. Scare factor is minimal though - you see the dogs once at the start of the game, then nothing until the showdown. When you find the culprit's diary it's also easy to figure out whose face will appear in the tunnel.

Bottom Line: Big improvement over the previous game, recommended as entry to the series. For me, Waverly will be next.

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Jan 20, 10 2:24 PM
I had forgotten how small of a window these older ND games were. Trying to play this on my laptop kills my eyes. I have to move to my upstairs desktop so I had a bigger screen or I can't see things too well. I loved Waverly Academy. Such great graphics and a big window screen. I can't wait of the one about the Twister to come out.

Go to: