Miner's rings

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Miner's rings

[Post New]by nyc240 on Sep 11, 11 8:04 AM
I have found 5 miner's rings and put them on as I found them. When I returned with the last miner's ring it appears that I need another one. There is nothing left to do in the game--can anyone help?

Re:Miner's rings

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Sep 11, 11 8:07 AM
I think I did what you did I gave out 3 rings and went back for the other 2 and when I returned I accidentally gave another ring to one I had previously given a ring to before and now I am 1 ring short and cannot proceed further within the game.

Barry_B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Barry_B on Sep 11, 11 9:10 AM
Same problem here!

Had 3/5 rings so put 2 rings on the skeletons on the left then 1 ring on one of the 2 skeletons on the bottom right then went back and found the other 2 rings and the skeleton on the bottom right had no ring on when I returned so I put another ring on and had none left for last skeleton!!

Did anyone play test this, or are we the play testers?

[Post New]by petersenjj on Sep 11, 11 9:19 AM
Hi,
i got the same problem with the Miner Rings and now i cannot proceed within the game.
Did you contact customer Support about this Problem ?

Juergen

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Sep 11, 11 10:20 AM
Thanks everyone, I thought I had lost my mind. Don't think we can finish the game.

mrsj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by mrsj on Sep 11, 11 12:00 PM
me too :-(

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Sep 11, 11 12:31 PM
Very annoying, but I"m glad it isn't just me, and no, I did not screw up and put it on the same miner twice. It's just a glitch. I wanted to see the ending darn it! I don't want to replay the whole darn thing again right now!

mrsj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by mrsj on Sep 11, 11 12:44 PM
dashwood95 wrote:Very annoying, but I"m glad it isn't just me, and no, I did not screw up and put it on the same miner twice. It's just a glitch. I wanted to see the ending darn it! I don't want to replay the whole darn thing again right now!

I'm not sure what happened with mine. but i'm with you on not wanting to play the whole thing through again

raell
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by raell on Sep 11, 11 1:56 PM
I have the problem also. Nothing else to do that I can see.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Sep 11, 11 2:29 PM
Ok fellow fishies. I replayed the darn game (as fast as I could), but I noticed right off the bat it wasn't "counting" my rings. They didn't say (1 of 5). I knew I'd collected them all though so I tried to put them on the bones only to find it claimed I was one short again.

Very annoyed right now. Maybe we have to delete all profiles not just create a new one? Anyone else play it through again?

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Sep 11, 11 2:30 PM
I thought I was in the same situation them realized I was missing a ring. foound it, then found the fith skeleton kinda in the right back..you can blow up on his empty ringless hands. then it all worked and went to the next scene..inclusing the bonus.
kris

Barry_B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Barry_B on Sep 11, 11 2:39 PM
I replayed the game and made sure I had 5 rings before using them, this worked and allowed me to finish the game.

So, just make sure you have ALL the pieces of a certain object before using them!!

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Sep 11, 11 2:58 PM
Ugh! Upside to this is that I'm not the only one with the problem regarding the miners' rings.

There were spots where you had to collect multiple items to start/complete a puzzle. Sometimes you couldn't put the items on until you've collected them all. Other times you could place each item on one-by-one as you got them. Very inconsistent.

This really bites since I liked this game very much ... up to this point that is. Unfortunately, I seriously doubt there will be a fix for this glitch unless you count starting all over a fix.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Sep 11, 11 3:21 PM
U25150, even starting over didn't help me. See above. Stupid glitch.

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Sep 12, 11 4:14 AM
I don't think I'm up to restarting the game at this point, but maybe in the future. Very disappointing for a CE level game.

[Post New]by Roseyjane on Sep 12, 11 10:54 AM
I am in the same situation. I had 4 rings and put them on the skeletons. I then went back, found the other ring and put it on the skeleton. But, I still have a one skeleton that needs a ring. This appears to be a glitch and I'm not happy about it. I'll give it one more try by replaying the game. If it doesn't work the 2nd time, I'll be contacting the Help Desk.
Jayne

[Post New]by Lizzyduke on Sep 12, 11 11:02 AM
mrsj wrote:me too :-(

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Sep 12, 11 11:59 AM
I did exactly the same thing. Any solution yet??

drgncollector11 wrote:I think I did what you did I gave out 3 rings and went back for the other 2 and when I returned I accidentally gave another ring to one I had previously given a ring to before and now I am 1 ring short and cannot proceed further within the game.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Sep 12, 11 1:16 PM
Still waiting with bated breath Lime_Cordial. I can't retry again til tonight, but it will still be my third attempt! After that I'm demanding a refund.

S2000
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by S2000 on Sep 12, 11 2:03 PM
Was having the same issue with the rings. Though I didn't want to replay the game from the start I did. The first ring I found, I made sure it counted as 1/5. It did, so I continued on. I found the rest of the rings and once I had all 5, I then placed them on the miners fingers. This worked!!!! Before I had put the rings on as I had found them. Now going into the bonus feature, but wanted to share. Don't put any rings on the fingers until you have all 5. Hope this works for you.

Go to: