bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Profiler: The Hopscotch Killer

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 12, 11 1:19 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Profiler: The Hopscotch Killer? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Reviews for Profiler: The Hopscotch Killer

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Sep 12, 11 5:54 AM
Ghastly. SO outdated - the (poorly drawn) characters are caricatures, the music tedious and awful. I trashed this game after only a few minutes into the test download. Sorry Big Fish - your quality control is slipping.......

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Sep 12, 11 3:43 PM
Actually haven't played this but saw the control panel on the right side in the video and chose not to download it. I find this control panel to be so irritating that it doesn't matter if I like the storyline I will avoid these games. This is the reason I wish BF would list the developer when they list the game.

[Post New]by P3n310p on Sep 14, 11 1:08 PM
This is an HdO game and I usually delete them out of hand. I agree that listing the developer's name would save a lot of time! Because of a shortage of SE games lately, I decided to try the demo anyway. I've got to say, in spite of the most annoying user interface known to gamer, this wasn't horrible. It WAS stupid. Click on 20 clouds of smoke? Give me a break! This was by far the best HdO game I have ever tried, but that isn't saying much! I won't even use my one of near to expiration codes for it. Please no more HdO games!

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Nov 8, 11 12:38 AM
Is there any end to the awful HdO games and why does BFG inflict them upon us? Some contract agreement maybe.... BFG has a huge customer base and if only a small percentage buy stuff like this they are way ahead.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 8, 11 12:57 AM
It's an HdO game. I played the entire demo and still it's a No for me. Enough said!

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 1:02:16 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Nov 8, 11 12:58 AM
I played this game awhile ago as it was released for MAC a long time back but there was no forum set up so I had to wait to review. Im not a HdO fan by any means but I liked the title, it sounded interesting so I actually demo'd it and actually I played it until the end of the demo. The demo actually ended with me going, oh shucks and thats never the case. The graphics are outdated and its definitely not an adventure of any kind BUT I actually liked it. Its probably the best HdO offering they've had and it almost looks like they are trying to satisfy customers as there are stars now to get more hints, the items are bigger and I barely needed to use hints, you can skip mini games. I probably would have considered it for a DD or COTW but in an hour I had played almost the entire game so it wouldn't be worth the money. Usually I wouldn't take a HdO even if it was free but Id say d/l this one and try it. It may not be your cup of tea but HdO IS going in the right direction and maybe someday will have a good game. & I found out, HdO is part of Coladia games and they have really great large file adventure games so maybe Coladia shoulda just stuck to what they were good at and left hidden object games alone but still, they are making progress.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Nov 8, 11 1:00 AM
I didn't even have to download . I knew it was Hdo just by looking at the video. Not going to waste my time even downloading,

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Nov 8, 11 1:01 AM
I thought this game was familiar, but when I looked at the screenshots I could see it is another Hdo game, some of the other fishies on here recently gave a list of Hdo games that had not been released on here, including this one, so it was on my list of games to avoid.

I am not going to even bother downloading as I do not like this series of games.

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 1:02:12 AM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 8, 11 1:11 AM
This is the game that put me off HdO games for life. I bought it years ago on disc and regretted it (it cost me £7). It was the game in itself that was the problem. It was the fact that I finished it in under half an hour, so if I had only waited for it to get here (which back then I didn't realise it would) I could have played the whole thing for nothing!

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Nov 8, 11 1:33 AM
As soon as I noted the reviews and saw it was another HdO game, I was a bit disappointed in the game for today. Like most others on here, I don't care too much for the HdO games. But I am glad I tried this demo. This is one of the best I've seen from HdO (as someone else had noted also) . It was the same old tedious gameplay and **** scenes, minigames, etc., but this one's storyline was a little more engrossing. I don't know what it was, maybe for the fact that I think I remembered playing it before a long time ago too?? But I would rate this one a 7 out of 10.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Nov 8, 11 3:08 AM
Another one of these ghastly things. I hate this format. Everything about these games is just plain boring. Haven't the devs noticed that they aren't selling? Maybe they're being blackmailed by somebody. GOT to be an explanation somewhere.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 8, 11 3:09 AM
This is another hdo game with the typical low quality like all other games from the developer. Its a definete no buy for me. I wouldn`t want it for free

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 3:20:13 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 8, 11 3:47 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:This is another hdo game with the typical low quality like all other games from the developer. Its a definete no buy for me. I wouldn`t want it for free

Well said Eisteepfirsich! I agree with you completely.

[Post New]by hibernianfc on Nov 8, 11 3:54 AM
Pardon the ignorance - what's an HdO game?

grama4jr
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by grama4jr on Nov 8, 11 4:20 AM
Dear hiberianfc I didnt know what HdO meant either till I downloaded it, its those horrible games that the graphics are terrible, there is lots of reading and music sucks! The Blue Tea (I think they are called) are great and there is a story to them. I like the castles, the princes and princess's, wicked witches, goblins, ghosts, and creepy cemetaries, this game is not my cup of tea!! I have already bought all the above that are available and am waiting on a new one. This is a no buy for me. Happy fishing!!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 8, 11 4:29 AM
hibernianfc wrote:Pardon the ignorance - what's an HdO game?

"HdO is a French computer game developer thought by some of us in the casual gaming community to put out dated, old-fashioned and frankly boring games. Among other things, they specialize in H0s and their games are usually short, uninspiring and too easy. "

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 8, 11 6:21 AM
Heck no HdO.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 8, 11 8:41 AM
Excuse me folks, but this thread is supposed to be for reviews of the actual game, not for statements about how much you dislike the developer. If you haven't played the game, please put your posts in the Comments thread, not the Review thread.

Thank you very much.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Nov 8, 11 9:50 AM
I felt that this was just a recycled older game. Tedious and buggy. We're getting such sophisticated HOG games now that these older ones are a joke. I hated that you couldn't skip the dialog, and that the screen moves, Oh yeah and what's a heel bar?? The graphics were terrible. When I got to the part where I was supposed to pick up an old letter it just wouldn't be picked up and I quit.

Go to: