Can't complete save the mechanic because I'm out of gold to get a sheriff

[Post New]by jbones on Jan 6, 09 8:41 PM
AFter several attemps at "saving the mechanic" I finally figured out (after reading other posts) that I need to have a Sheriff and deputies along with my gunslingers before I try that quest. However, I do not have enough gold to build the sheriff's office or hire more gunslingers. I have maxed out all the gold in this town. I wasn't done mining the river, but another guy came into town and he took over control of them so I can't get anymore gold there. I don't have a trading post and can't afford one and I've used up all the other gold resources. I've found the hidden supplies too. Do I have to go back and redo this level to somehow get more gold??

thanks for any help...

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Re:Can't complete save the mechanic because I'm out of gold to get a sheriff

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Jan 6, 09 9:39 PM
If you're where I'm thinking about (not sure about it thought) you still have access to one place in the river. There are two panning mines that get taken over but south of where the two rivers intersect is another area for a panning mine. If you've already gotten the gold from that mine also, then I can't think of anywhere else to get more gold from.

Welcome to the pond and Good Luck!

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Jan 6, 09 10:11 PM
in my town I have 3 saloons & 3 sheriff buildings so I get 9 deputies to come with me & the sherrif. that was ample so if you have the resouces back in your main town to do it it will work. I lost about 1/2 in battles with the baddies

[Post New]by jbones on Jan 6, 09 11:17 PM
the panning mines are confusing....I know what you mean by the third one. it DOESN'T have someone guarding it, yet when I try to put someone there to work it still says it is not in my control.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Jan 7, 09 6:17 AM
That's weird, because mine worked there. I have no clue what I did differently to get my people to work there. It took me forever to realize that it wasn't controlled by the bad guys.

player84
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by player84 on Jan 7, 09 5:56 PM
If you have 3 farms, you could try to complete the secret treasure hunt with the white rabbit, just read a thread titled: treasure hunt walk through. I don't know how much gold you get from it but it may be enough to go forward.

player84
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by player84 on Jan 7, 09 6:01 PM
Sorry that thread titled : treasure hunt 1 - walk thru.

Go to: