Expert level 2

[Post New]by smudgeroo1 on Sep 12, 11 5:18 AM
Can anyone help, tried many diff things can't even finish let alone get the expert

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Expert level 2

[Post New]by juliesherris on Sep 12, 11 11:24 AM
I already posted this for someone else so....

OK, here's what I did to get this one.

Reforest & harvest for material the 1st plot, then build a ranch & sell it before anything else goes up for sale.
Buy a plot, reforest & harvest for material again & build a sawmill while buying 2 more plots.
Buy 1000 woods, build a workshop, buy another 2500 woods, 4 workers, build the 1st hotel.

Then as quick as you can, upgrade the hotel to max, get the efficiency workshop & buy the plots to build hotels, upgrading to max & inspecting as you go.

When you have 5 hotels, start building lodges & paint & start the tennis courts before he tells you to.

Once you get near the million mark - say 850,000 - start to demolish the hotels & the sawmill - make sure you have enough wood though & replace with tennis courts.
LEAVE one hotel though - this gives you the rent money.

Demolish the workshop last & replace with a tennis court - 4 lodges, 8 tennis courts, 1 hotel - you should do it with time to spare.

DGA1961
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by DGA1961 on Sep 13, 11 2:59 PM
Good grief this one is HARD!! I do think that the previous post on how to is right when it says by TWO lots.. not three, or you won't have enough money to train 4 workers for the first hotel. Then it's really a matter of timing on when rent is collected and when you start an upgrade..
I've still not managed to get this one, but I'll keep trying!!

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Sep 13, 11 6:57 PM
I did the same as above but found I only needed 3 hotels - then demolished two when I near the end when I was over a million. Also found some plots slow to come up for sale - went over the time limit so many times waiting for the empty plots to go on sale - so I built a real estate office and bought all the remaining plots then demolished the real estate office and built all my tennis courts - still made it with time to spare.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Sep 15, 11 7:49 AM
THANK YOU JULIESHERRIS I was pulling my hair out-now Expert Level 3 Good thing I really do love this series!

nineill
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nineill on Sep 18, 11 3:51 AM
Am I so stupid?? when you build 8 tennis courts and 4 lodges is there room for a hotel

nineill
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nineill on Sep 18, 11 3:51 AM
I am so stupid?? i built 9 tennis courts and 4 lodges should have left hotel standing doh!!!

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 5:32:04 AM PST

[Post New]by petrusperu on Sep 18, 11 6:29 AM
Thank I did it with this great tip!

guylou1525
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by guylou1525 on Sep 24, 11 11:27 AM
Thank you very munch juliesherris, I'm very impressed by your logic, I have trouble thinking like that!

[Post New]by Chigirl78 on Sep 26, 11 12:11 PM
Thank you for the great info. Julie. I was able to complete this level thanks to your tip.

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on Oct 1, 11 7:04 AM
Here is what I did and had some time to spare. I saw this same way posted in here somewhere, (least I think it was in here) and it worked great.

Buy 250 wood, build ranch, sell right away.
Buy 1000 wood. Buy the lot that comes up in a bit, put saw mill on it
Buy 2500 wood and throw up a workshop, hire 3 workers
Buy lot and put up a Victorian, sell it.
Buy 5000 wood and one more worker. Build hotel. Buy lots as they show up and build 2nd hotel and real estate office. Get max efficiency at workshop. Upgrade the 2 hotels to 3 stars and stage. Keep buying lots, throw up 4 lodges, get them to 3 stars and stage them so the income requirement is correct. Buy back Victorian and ranch, just when you have the money and demolish.
Get 4k wood, demo sawmill and toss up some tennis courts.Use real estate and pay double for any stubborn lots, put in tennis courts, get rid of real estate when you own all lots, and start knocking down hotels when at money goal, and toss up two tennis courts. You can keep either the workshop (so workers stay fast to the end,) or one of the hotels.....it worked either way for me, got the ribbon both times.

philosophy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by philosophy on Jan 5, 12 6:51 AM
Thanks Julie Sherris. I wouldn't have made it your advice

[Post New]by LittleSpoo on Feb 22, 12 5:27 PM
Thanks to all of you! I was having so much trouble with this level and could not figure out how to pass it, much less even try to get the blue ribbon. Awesome advice!!

My11Kids
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by My11Kids on Feb 27, 12 10:03 AM
Can someone please post a walk thru of expert level 3? Thanks!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 27, 12 11:41 AM
Hi My11Kids,

It doesn't look like there is a walkthrough in this thread, but this one has a lot of tips on getting Expert Level 3:

Expert Level 3

If you click the blue text it will take your right there. Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

My11Kids
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by My11Kids on Feb 28, 12 7:25 AM
Thanks so much!

My11Kids
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by My11Kids on Feb 28, 12 7:29 AM
Thanks so much!

[Post New]by companioncube on Dec 6, 12 7:11 PM
another key is placement of your lodges - if you stick them all in a row, you won't get as much rent as you will if you place a tennis court next to each one - so, in other words, don't build your lodges on the single-lots (lower right corner, left end of top row, and 2 leftmost lots on middle row) - build one on each of the paired lots and one in the MIDDLE of the 3-in-a-row area at the right of the middle row, and mentally "reserve" the adjoining spots for tennis courts. The effect on rent is significant:
3-star lodge, painted (+5 appeal), staged, no tennis court: $5,125 rent
3-star lodge, painted (+5 appeal), staged, next to tennis court (+15 appeal): $5,875 rent
3-star lodge, painted (+5 appeal), staged, between two tennis courts (+30 appeal): $6,600 rent

the "industrials" like your sawmill/workshop/real estate office should go in those corner single-lot spots, so that their negative appeal doesn't hinder the rent on your temporary money-makers.

oh and remember that unlike the workshop, the effect of staging doesn't disappear when you demolish the real estate office, so you don't have to save that for last.

[Post New]by SexyViciousAngel on Feb 14, 13 1:33 PM
Thanks, PhaedrasPhantasy, I finally got this in 8:15. I kept one fully upgraded hotel though and didn't bother to upgrade or stage the lodges.

Go to: