susanszy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by susanszy on Nov 6, 12 10:16 AM
OK here's an off the wall thought on 'It isn't fixed raid.' You know the game where you say words that sound like gibberish a.k.a. 'Oh wah tay goo siam' and if you say it all together it comes out as an actual phrase 'oh what a goose I am.' Well, maybe 'it isn't fixed raid' is something like that?

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 6, 12 10:20 AM
susanszy wrote:OK here's an off the wall thought on 'It isn't fixed raid.' You know the game where you say words that sound like gibberish a.k.a. 'Oh wah tay goo siam' and if you say it all together it comes out as an actual phrase 'oh what a goose I am.' Well, maybe 'it isn't fixed raid' is something like that?

Interesting...are we all talking outloud now??? I like this thought...

AndrewB179
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by AndrewB179 on Nov 6, 12 10:40 AM
Fargosis16 wrote:
dogmama wrote:
Mimisix wrote:Completely O.T.

ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. CITIZENS, PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY!

I agree!! Every vote counts !

I totally did not vote for Charles dalimar

Well, good. He's British, after all, thus ineligible. Now, Emma Ravenhearst, on the other hand...

Michonne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Michonne on Nov 6, 12 10:50 AM
GameLvr30 wrote:I still think radiation will play a part. I was thinking more along the lines that the MD will need to find or discover some THING that caused the destruction of the town and that item is what gives off the radiation.

by george i think you've got it.

Michonne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Michonne on Nov 6, 12 10:52 AM
where is my post?

never mind.

Edited on 11/06/2012 at 10:53:36 AM PST

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Nov 6, 12 10:52 AM
Hey all! So sorry for my silence lately, but have had nothing useful to contribute and have been slightly distracted. I have been keeping up though, and I was so impressed with how you guys have come up with some awesome theories!

Purplealikat, I believe it's my turn on the song; haven't forgotten! LOL It'll be your turn again soon.

Dogmama, how is your pup today? I feel for you; it's so hard when they are sick or hurt, and you want to make it better! But I know you are an excellent dogmom, and you're dog will be up and running soon!!

My headache stemming from sleeping wrong seems to be abating, finally, so hopefully I'll jump in with both fins again!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 6, 12 10:52 AM
AndrewB179 wrote:
Fargosis16 wrote:
dogmama wrote:
Mimisix wrote:Completely O.T.

ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. CITIZENS, PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY!

I agree!! Every vote counts !

I totally did not vote for Charles dalimar

Well, good. He's British, after all, thus ineligible. Now, Emma Ravenhearst, on the other hand...

*english

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 6, 12 10:55 AM
I updated my clue compilation on pg. 86. You can reach it by scrolling to the top of the page and clicking on the Go button beside all the page numbers. Enter 86 and then press Go again. Voila, you're at the current CC.

Detailed explanations of the clue's solutions are given where necessary.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 6, 12 10:57 AM
Random thinking:

I know we are all thinking of the Georgia in Russia. But, how about it being Georgie Henley who played Lucy Pevensie in the film Chronicles of Narnia? Maybe it's already been mentioned. She wouldn't speak the King's English as she lives in West Yorkshire and it is/was spoken in the southern part of the UK (or at least that's what I've read). But she would be considered a friend of Prince Caspian.

Any thoughts?

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 6, 12 10:57 AM
Michonne wrote:
GameLvr30 wrote:I still think radiation will play a part. I was thinking more along the lines that the MD will need to find or discover some THING that caused the destruction of the town and that item is what gives off the radiation.

by george i think you've got it.

I'm glad someone agrees with me. I offered a solution earlier about how radiation could work for Picman's most recent clue but it was a stretch. I'm wondering now if I am at the start of the right path but not quite there yet. We'll see when today's clue pops up.

tazmanw
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tazmanw on Nov 6, 12 10:58 AM
Isn't there some sort of special language in the Chronicles of Narnia could it be related to that somehow?

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 6, 12 11:06 AM
Thanks to all of you who have written about Jane ! I'm not a big fan of Rimadyl but my vet gave me a sample yesterday to give along with a pain killer and she's actually putting a little weight on it today! It's still very, very swollen, and I'm keeping her quiet as much as possible as I don't want her to over do. But today is her best day since Friday night. Hoping it continues!!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 6, 12 11:09 AM
Eoarod wrote:
Mimisix wrote:mandi_berg
You crack me up 'cause I was thinking the exact same thing. We may not be able to figure out this game but we sure are getting educated with geography lessons.

And 19th Century poets! Who says gaming isn't good for you?!

I have learnt many, many things from games!

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Nov 6, 12 11:12 AM
dogmama wrote: Thanks to all of you who have written about Jane ! I'm not a big fan of Rimadyl but my vet gave me a sample yesterday to give along with a pain killer and she's actually putting a little weight on it today! It's still very, very swollen, and I'm keeping her quiet as much as possible as I don't want her to over do. But today is her best day since Friday night. Hoping it continues!!

That's a good sign!! Glad to hear it!

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Nov 6, 12 11:16 AM
Random thoughts:::

From the press release:
"Her daughter, Madelyn, stars as a co-host of a Ghost Patrol TV show that’s filming on-scene to uncover the haunted legacy of the town."

Let's see: as Master Detective, I have broken into numerous homes, cars and businesses.

I will steal anything not nailed down and if it is I will find the hammer and get it anyways.

I can find the key to any lock and if I can't, I will pick it or whack it with a crowbar. I know where you hide all your valuables and secrets.

Not to mention arson and murder.

Do I really want a film crew following me acound???? lol

Any fishies agree? Did I leave any crimes out?

AndrewB179
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by AndrewB179 on Nov 6, 12 11:19 AM
251_Ehmyay wrote:That was me who mentioned it.....and I came to the same conclusion that there is some kind of relation. I don't know if it is blood related, but there is some connection between Charles and MD that has been difficult to define and to explain.

I think there's something more there....

Ehm

It's difficult to define because Charles is bug-nuts. But my job gives me plenty of time to think about whatever, so I decided to try and get inside Charles's head. (Scary thought! *lol*)

You've got to look at this from his (warped) perspective: here you are, minding your own business & hanging out with the love of your (un)life, when along comes this meddling interloper. Not only does she make her way through your house uninvited, your best puzzles and locks doing little but slowing her a bit, but she has the gall to steal your love away from you.

You're furious. You've no idea where the intruder went, but you know who you can take your temper out on: Madam Fate and her sideshow of freaks. But when you arrive, who should you find but the Detective, again? Unfortunately, you're too exhausted after your killing spree at the carnival to do more than scare her.

Even more unfortunately, because of what you said, and the call from the Queen that you interrupted, she knows there are more trapped souls in Ravenhearst Manor, and goes to free them, burning the house down and destroying your precious machine in the process!

Being dead, though, gives you time to think. She solved all your best locks & puzzles - twice. Even Victor, who's lived there long enough to memorize every part of them, needs an abundance of clues. Yet, this woman, coming in cold, barely needs more than a few hints. (And speaking of cold, future!Victor - whom you'd had hiding in the nearby townlet of Dire Grove, so as not to run into his present-day counterpart - told you about what she'd done there. You'd even upgraded a few of the locks in the town over the years when no one was looking - everybody needs a hobby, right? - so you know that couldn't have been easy.) You decide to start keeping track of her, and are delighted when she goes to the Louisiana bayou and Grandpa Crown's hash. You blame him for being stuck with Mother dearest, so perhaps this is the Detective's way of making things up to you?

And... perhaps you've been misinterpreting her actions. During her first visit, the Detective - and you do wish she'd actually tell you (or anyone) her name,

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Nov 6, 12 11:20 AM
LOL @ Bordrblaze... I think that about covers it, aside from whatever explosions we may have been directly/indirectly the cause of. Having a film crew around could be hazardous to our legal health!

Hmmm... wonder if the Ghost Patrol gets their hands on some mysterious artifact(s), goes missing, and we have to find them.

AndrewB179
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by AndrewB179 on Nov 6, 12 11:21 AM
251_Ehmyay wrote:That was me who mentioned it.....and I came to the same conclusion that there is some kind of relation. I don't know if it is blood related, but there is some connection between Charles and MD that has been difficult to define and to explain.

I think there's something more there....

Ehm

(continued from previous post)

but some mystery in a relationship can keep things exciting and fresh - basically said "You don't need Emma; I'm better than her." Your meeting at the carnival was clearly (and literally) the work of Fate. You claimed Rose was your love - though you don't know why - and immediately the Detective takes her away, too. Clearly, you've been misreading things all along. You had to forcibly imprison Emma and Rose (and the twins, but they're barely a consideration to you), yet this woman, despite threats to her life (from you), keeps coming back of her own volition! Her skill with puzzles and locks suggests she might even be your equal.

The thought of an equal partnership excites you so much that you decide you must share your past (or the way you choose to remember it, anyway) with her. Difficult work, especially constructing your ultimate device, to bring the dead back to life, but well worth the effort. You're sure the Blackpool residents you select to power it will be honored in the part they have to play.

And sure enough, she returns once more! Not only that, but she brings all your former captives with her, even going so far as to make use of their ghostly power herself, even as you did (though to different effect). You know you've made the right choice this time, and can barely contain yourself as she once again makes her way through the maze you've set up for her. She must know what the engagement ring means - you made it rather obvious, if you do say so yourself - but she doesn't hesitate to put it on the finger of your stand-in. She agrees! Oh, you can't wait to bring her to your true home. You love your son dearly, but he is somewhat slow. The far more competant Detective will be able to handle the more serious duties with ease, giving the aging Victor some much needed time to rest.

And here she comes now...

Edited on 11/06/2012 at 11:24:47 AM PST

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Nov 6, 12 11:27 AM
AndrewB179: Holy Smokes! Now THERE is a story! Good job!

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 6, 12 11:31 AM
purplealikat wrote:Whew! I'm caught up! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! The Greek is solved! I can stop drinking and go back to .

Rainbow wonderful poem!

MJ - great countdown song! Count faster! I want this game!

Dogmama-hope your dog is feeling a tad bit better today. Brave you living in a haunted house! I've always wanted to go ghost hunting, but I'm afraid I'd and run!

I think we are on the right track with the earthquake (or shaking-as in explosion) thing. You guys are so bright!

I want this game too...unfortunately I can only countdown as fast as the days pass.

Go to: