bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Vagrant Hearts technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 13, 11 1:02 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Re:Post any Vagrant Hearts technical issues here only

[Post New]by joyzebra on Sep 13, 11 9:36 AM
game opened in small window and I couldn't do anything. Had to ctrl/del to get out of it. Anyway, is this April Fool's Day?

[Post New]by Stargazer423 on Sep 13, 11 10:34 AM
I was trying to figure out the game controls, and hit F12. It minimizes the window. If you hit it again, it will maximize the window.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 13, 11 12:28 PM
Hey joyzebra,

If hitting the F12 doesn't help, you might want to check out the Screen Resolution settings to make sure you have the best setting for game play:

Screen Resolution

Feel free to get in touch with Tech Support with any additional questions or issues. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

MommaJo_P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by MommaJo_P on Sep 13, 11 2:01 PM
Bought new equipment before I left town in the beginning of the game. Once I was outside of town the new equipment disappeared. Had to rebuy the equipment once I got to the next town.

Inability to maneuver charactors

[Post New]by onedishydame on Sep 13, 11 5:39 PM
I seem to have a problem with maneuvering the charactors. I had the same problem with the witch and warrior game. I realize the game is arrow dictated for movement but the charactors get stuck up against a house or in a corner and I can't move them from there. I'm playing with HP Pavillion/Windows 7. Can you help me? I really would like to get farther into the game then the first house.

J0an
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by J0an on Sep 14, 11 12:05 AM
I did the same thing (bought stuff in town before I went to the mayors house, poof everything vanished - even my special item - which I couldn't get back - items from chests were still in inventory though). Also had small game window at startup but I went into options (mouse arrow was off too) and fixed it.
Regarding movement, not sure if this will help but it's worth a shot: Use left mouse to click to where you want to go and wait for character to move. Hope it helps. Personally I use arrow keys, spacebar and escape keys.

Edited on 09/14/2011 at 12:10:31 AM PST

synthesis1
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by synthesis1 on Sep 14, 11 11:32 AM
To maximize the screen size, just hit alt & enter at the same time

[Post New]by flammable55 on Sep 16, 11 7:23 AM
onedishydame: I have the same problem with all of these 2D RPGs, where the characters only move up and left, resulting in them getting stuck in corners. It has happened with this game, The Witch and The Warrior, the Aveyond series and many more. Have you found a solution yet?

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Sep 18, 11 8:26 AM
I too lost equipment I had purchased and equipped after I slept the first night.

I was going to purchase the game until that happened. Does this continue to happen? Do you lose equipment each time you leave a town? If so, NO BUY!

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Sep 18, 11 12:48 PM
Bug: I went into the starting village armory/weapon shop and tried to see what the stats on the silk head piece i was wearing (to see if I wanted to buy something else) instead it bought another (admittedly I didn't know what to press to look at the stats but I still think it's silly then when examining an item my character is wearing it can purchase it with no confirmation or anything) but the real issue was after that when I tried to press "exit" the shop, it purchased another one!
I ended up having to press escape just to get out of there without buying any more.

Then I tried to work out how to equip one of the extra items and couldn't see how to do it.

At that point I gave up - will look again when bugs are sorted out..

Also I couldn't see anyway to change options like volume controls, at least within the game, daughter is misspelled at one point.

As well as the bug to me this game needs more instructions/tutorial - I had no idea what keys to press or which mouse button where beyond I could make her walk and escape brought up the inv bit (and the last was a guess based on playing some of these types of game before)

I think it could be a good little game but until all the bugs and other problems are fixed I don't think it's worth the headache.

Saltheart
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Saltheart on Sep 19, 11 12:42 PM
I'm trying to fight Lynch. If I have to use any Items, to bring someone back to consciousness or restore magic or anything else, the arrow goes to one particular character and won't go to any others, and it usually ISN'T the one that needs the item, nor the one who's turn it is.

Edited on 09/19/2011 at 12:44:05 PM PST

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Sep 19, 11 6:32 PM
The game does not show which character is to act next during a fight. By that I mean there is no "highlight" on the character when it is their turn to act. You just have to remember which number of times you have pushed the attach button or whatever. This is a poor interpretation of an RPG as far as I'm concerned. Losing equipment, no fight indication, and the battle system leaves a LOT to be desired.

Saltheart
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Saltheart on Sep 19, 11 7:21 PM
I agree, but you enter actions in a row with the choices above each character, so you know which character you're choosing actions for. Either way, it won't let me use items on the right character. I bought this one. If it can't be fixed, I deserve another game.

JennL777
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by JennL777 on Sep 24, 11 7:54 AM
I had all the problems everyone has mentioned, but had them months ago when the game was released on Amaranth and Aldorlea. The developer is well aware of the issues, has completely ignored them AND chosen to not only release here on Big Fish without fixing those issues, but has released a sequel. So don't look for solutions to the bugs, folks, because it ain't gonna happen.

[Post New]by dorpdead on Oct 5, 11 6:03 PM
I have found now that I travel by wyvern. I am now invisible! I have 27 hours invested in this game and am very frustrated. Anyone else have this problem or any ideas!

radar52
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by radar52 on Oct 3, 12 10:59 AM
It really seems to me that there MUST be a later version of this game then BFG has. Those of us who bought from BFG would really like it if you would get the best version!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 3, 12 11:35 AM
Hi radar52,

Vagrant Hearts 2 was released earlier this year, but I did some checking and did not find any information about us having received an updated version of this first game from the developer.

If you're running into a technical issue, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team, as they'll have the best tools and information to get that resolved for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Apr 10, 13 6:54 AM
BUG: Several times when I get into fight, the character does not disappear when I beat him, but is still there and I have to fight again. The latest is when I am trying to escape the prison, I have beaten the same cell keeper several times but he doesn't disappear. I have to restart from an earlier, much earlier position as there are only 4 save spots.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 10, 13 6:59 AM
Hi eedebeep,

I'm sorry to hear that, this sounds pretty frustrating!

As you have already checked for updates, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums.

I am sure they will get to the bottom of this for you - best of luck though!

bfgBaikal

Go to: