bfgHondo
3,712 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts! Sept. 13, 2011

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 13, 11 4:25 PM
We have a new version of Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts available now! The new version of this game fixes the following:

-game crash after skipping or completing the sliding fingerprint puzzle (Chapter 4)

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Edited on 07/14/2012 at 10:36:34 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,656 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts! Sept. 13, 2011

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 13, 11 4:59 PM
Hi, bfgHondo. I don't remember that error but was anything done about the flower of life not travelling from chapter 4 to chapter 5?

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts! Sept. 13, 2011

[Post New]by minkimal on Sep 13, 11 10:28 PM
Hi bfgHondo, how necessary is it to install the new version? Does the game ALWAYS crash at this point for everyone? I'm asking because I just started playing the game yesterday - have not got to that "crash point" yet but have already made some progress so I am hesitant to uninstall - or does the "new" version "remember" my progress in the game and return me to the same point in the story line after I've installed it?

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
792 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Sep 14, 11 3:11 AM
The crash does NOT occur for everyone, but it happens at almost the end of the game, so it is particularly annoying.

[Post New]by minkimal on Sep 14, 11 9:52 AM
Thanks for the info, cbellcrm. I think I'll re-install anyway, then. That would drive me nuts.

UPDATE! New version available for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts! Sept. 13, 2011

[Post New]by JeannezGames on Sep 24, 11 3:07 PM
I have been playing Big Fish games for years. This game has caused "the blue screen of death" multiple times. I had hoped this update would fix it, but alas...it did it again today. Incidentally, when you uninstall & re-install, you do not have to start over. (It must keep the player info even when it is uninstalled.)

[Post New]by reynolds_41 on Sep 24, 11 4:19 PM
OK I have followed the directions and the game is still crashing this is making me very upset!!! Now What??????

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 24, 11 7:22 PM
I just happened to see this thread re the update. I don't recall GM alerting me of an update, I bought it on August 14th sale. Now I've lost all my progress on my W7 laptop, others said their's was saved. I uninstalled through GM Trash altho usually I uninstall games in Ctr Panel remove progs to clear all old files but to be on the safe side I used GM uninstall. If that makes any difference I don't know.

Anyway I am now having to start back on that boat to and froing for the third time, on the first demo, then bought and started over getting much farther on land, not sure since it was a month ago but was in the Dogan village or beyond. Just got back to resuming this game after buying too many in the sale so wish now I hadn't reinstalled it. But then, didn't want to hit a glitch at the end so took my chances.

Any idea why progress is saved on one OS and not another? Or is it because I was still in the same chapter, just different location of progress. Really a bummer. I only bought it because it displays so beautifully filling my widescreen laptop, 17" no border bars, and so few other games do. Now I hope it saves my place when I exit again, I just can't play these types of games in one sitting, too long for comfort.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
792 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Sep 25, 11 3:26 AM
I too was annoyed that this didn't show up in the Game Manager as an update. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that they couldn't solve the problem for the last chapter glitch without wiping out the save file, and they didn't want to wipe out everyone's save file just for the few people who encountered the glitch. Apparently if you are one of the people who plays all the way to the last chapter and then the game goes bonkers, you're only course of action is to download the update here and start over. Bummer.

I'm still waiting for an update that resolves the tree of life glitch. If you leave chapter 2 and there is no tree of life item in your inventory, you might as well start over because you won't be able to finish chapter 4.

bfgMonongahela
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 14, 12 10:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

We have another update to this game, which you can read about in the new thread I've created here.

I'm going to unsticky and lock this thread now to keep things tidy, but you're welcome to post over in that other thread if you'd like.

bfgMonongahela

Go to: