synthesis1
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Prison escape

[Post New]by synthesis1 on Sep 13, 11 6:21 PM
Okay, has anyone made it past the "pet" during the prison escape? I read somewhere that the best option is to use certain crests that currently my other $#@$ party has equipped I do have a couple spells that would stop him (confuse & sleep) but they always miss and then I'm scrambling to heal and remagic up. I've only battled him once (had to go to work ), so any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated. He started throwing that earth spell that hits everybody with like 500+ damage per round repeatedly, and that was all she wrote!

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Prison escape

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 14, 11 10:59 AM
I think that poisoning/paralyzing him would work.

synthesis1
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by synthesis1 on Sep 14, 11 3:43 PM
Finally got it! I went back to an earlier save, leveled up the party a few levels & bought some venom scrolls

Just a question, is it possible to defeat the pet if you battle him while trying to run away? Just wondering because I got trapped, but he kept giving really good experience and some items. He was a lot easier after the first battle, but after battling him like 5 times because I couldn't get away, I finally just went back to an earlier save, thinking I had hit some sort of unescapable loop. But, I also noticed when it went to the dialogue after I outran the pet, that there was a sparkling treasure area there that I couldn't get to.

This made me wonder whether 1) the pet could be defeated, but only after xx rounds of battling him, and a slightly different scenario might occur, or 2) that this was an area I would end up coming back to to get missed treasure, or 3) somebody threw in a little tease that wasn't achievable

Edited on 09/14/2011 at 7:18:09 PM PST

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 14, 11 7:49 PM
I don't know if is possible but you can escape after you defeat him for the first time.

[Post New]by kellybg1978 on Sep 15, 11 3:25 PM
I'm at this point too, but there is no way I can defeat this guy because I have absolutely no way to restore HP or MP and my characters are practically at zero on all counts. And, of course, I don't have an earlier save to go to a village to get more supplies. Does anyone have a save game of the point maybe just before the pirates cave that I can have so I can have a better shot at this?

Thank you!

DannielSquall
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by DannielSquall on Sep 15, 11 4:25 PM
Try poisoning/paralyzing this can help you a lot in the battles of this games, especially boss battles.

[Post New]by hmsnownovelist on Sep 16, 11 3:37 PM
Shockwave works really well against the Cell Keeper-- paralyzes and takes off large chunks of HP each time. But now he's chasing me, and he's got me cornered. I've fought him five or six times now and can't get out of the corner. This has got to be some kind of glitch.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Sep 19, 11 5:51 PM
I'm cornered, too. I'm just gonna try an earlier "save" and see what happens.

[Post New]by Huntleyhimnher on Sep 20, 11 12:21 AM
kellybg1978 wrote:I'm at this point too, but there is no way I can defeat this guy because I have absolutely no way to restore HP or MP and my characters are practically at zero on all counts. And, of course, I don't have an earlier save to go to a village to get more supplies. Does anyone have a save game of the point maybe just before the pirates cave that I can have so I can have a better shot at this?

Thank you!

Unfortunately I have done the same thing, by not having an earlier save point, really gonna learn from that, but I have just worked out how to equip crests, so I am hoping that will help me beat the 'pet'

[Post New]by Huntleyhimnher on Sep 20, 11 12:39 AM
After equiping the crests, wyatt used shockwave which paralyzed the 'pet' and I didn't take a hit the whole battle and here I was yesterday ready to either give the game up or start over just because I couldn't work out how to equip the crests...

Nitehok
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Nitehok on May 18, 12 11:24 PM
There must be a glitch because I keep beating him but he now has me caught in a loop with no escape.

Nitehok
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Nitehok on May 18, 12 11:24 PM
There must be a glitch because I keep beating him but he now has me caught in a loop with no escape.

[Post New]by madgearooni on Nov 21, 12 3:01 PM
After you kill him the first time, you have to run from him the second time and escape threw a door on the room to the left. My problem is the pirate after getting away from the prison monster you run into the pirates and I use the paralyze but he still seems to outlast my guys, can anyone give any pointers on this?

[Post New]by mjunseen on Mar 17, 13 2:27 PM
If you go west you come to a wide hall going north go through that door and then another takes you to the roof

Go to: