hoist/lever

mummers
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

hoist/lever

[Post New]by mummers on Sep 13, 11 8:37 PM
I'm having, the same problem as Vicki.
Have oiled the machnery,have the lever in place but am not allowed to use the lever.
What am I missing? It keeps telling me to oil th machnery/alredy done/ and install the lever/ also done.

Re:hoist/lever

[Post New]by coffee1957 on Sep 19, 11 10:25 PM
Add me to the list--I am stuck at the lever and the oil also. You would think this would have been discovered. I am not happy about restarting the game. I would rather trade this for a different game. After this mishap, how many more are there? It's no fun to play a game when you are afraid every move you make may ruin the game.

[Post New]by Dimpledsmile on Sep 20, 11 6:57 AM
I had the same problem with the lever! Anyone get an answer?

[Post New]by Ilarien on Sep 20, 11 8:12 AM
Same here..! =)

vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by vakrow on Sep 20, 11 8:55 AM
Same here cant move on Val

[Post New]by Tennie_Frog on Sep 20, 11 1:45 PM
Stuck at the same place. Hoping for an answer, as I'm quite enjoying this game.... or WAS!

[Post New]by bcmorha on Sep 23, 11 6:47 PM
add me to the list.can't move the lever after oiling the machine, just keeps saying the machine needs oil, and lever refuses to move.
bcmorha

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Sep 26, 11 9:42 PM
I played this once before when I first bought it and had no problems with the hoist however tonight I am with all of you. Nothing works and I really do not want to begin this again. I wonder if you use the oil and the handle at the same time it makes any difference? I had put the handle on a while back and just now did the oiling. Drat. It's a good game too!

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLent on Oct 3, 11 5:09 AM
I deleted the game because of this glitch. I reinstalled & now it works fine.

[Post New]by marthajay on Oct 3, 11 10:12 AM
i have the same problem. and i read all the concerns . Isn't there someone from big fish who can help all of us?

Spicy4
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Spicy4 on Oct 8, 11 4:21 PM
Having the same problem. I know it's only chapter 2, but I hate to uninstall and install again. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Oct 9, 11 1:14 AM
Guys, I feel your pain. I just finished the game and thank goodness, did not have a problem on THIS puzzle.

I do not think reinstalling the game changes a thing. MAYBE deleting previous profiles will help. But I do think you will need to start anew.

SPOILER?
If you have the oil and the lever, apply the oil first to the center of the mechanism. Then apply the lever to the right side. If the game accepts your moves,

---> a cutscene will show the lever being pulled.

You may need to look at the paper in the room - I think? - before doing the activity. I seem to remember there's a page somewhere that shows the oil and lever on the machine. But I'm sorry, I just don't remember for sure. And I think the problems are with the puzzles themselves, not gameplay.

You all may want to read other posts especially under the technical problems. They may show you what to watch out for and to be careful to have all pieces for all puzzles - just to be sure! - before trying one. (SPOILER? click the scene up to three times to get all the text.)

I saw someone gave a great piece of advice. If you're not willing to go through the whole thing over again with a new profile, be sure to wait until the skip button is fully loaded before tackling a puzzle. But it's not a guarantee ....

Do a lot of cursor waving in each location before doing anything. Keep track of things that haven't been done in any location - there are lots of medallions and keys! And if you write down the steps you take and the darned thing crashes or freezes, you can send it in to the customer support folks (green envelope over there on the right! then 'contact' on the next page. )

Good luck, all!

[Post New]by andy_a on Nov 16, 11 11:06 PM
i know what you guys mean. you get so far and then, you think....what a waste of time!!!! is that lever welded shut????

wabpita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wabpita on Nov 23, 11 6:09 AM
Same problem. Was a good game but turned out frustrating.

[Post New]by Pamela55 on Nov 26, 11 7:04 PM
having the same problem. I am totally stuck. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but the same thing is happening. I am not to happy about this

fraychek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by fraychek on Nov 28, 11 7:49 AM
Add another one to the list! I tried uninstalling and re-installing with the same result. I'd be willing to start over if I knew this wouldn't happen again. For now I'm just annoyed and disappointed.

[Post New]by mimiblanche on Nov 29, 11 4:41 PM
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE LEVER DO YOU THINK IT WILL WORK IF THE OIL GOES FIRST

amaryken8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by amaryken8 on Nov 30, 11 7:44 PM
SAME PROBLEM WITH THE LEVER AS EVERY ONE ELSE....WONDER WHY THEY DON'T GIVE US AN ANSWER ?

[Post New]by bluebam on Dec 1, 11 6:03 AM
same thing this isn't the first game to do this, get so far and it messes up about ready to cacel bigfish and go to yahoo games

[Post New]by sloftin77 on Dec 3, 11 2:35 PM
Frustrating! I wish I would have read through all of the forum notes before purchasing it. There's no way to get the oil again and you shouldn't have to. I would like my money back. The game should be patched or removed.

Go to: