bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Farm Frenzy: Viking Heroes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 14, 11 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Post any Farm Frenzy: Viking Heroes technical issues here only

[Post New]by galotter on Sep 14, 11 6:05 AM
Adventure mode, Midgard, level 6. To achieve goals requires one decorated horn. Horn is unavailable for purchase (requires 1 horn, 1 bin of ore). Only items for purchase are wood and some kind of grain sheaf, Tried using grain sheaf, but was unable to catch or pick it up to add to storehouse. Unable to complete level. Technical issue only because the game was not tested enough on the developer's end.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 14, 11 7:30 AM
galotter, someone answered your question about this in the Reviews thread.

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Sep 14, 11 6:59 PM
galotter wrote:Adventure mode, Midgard, level 6. To achieve goals requires one decorated horn. Horn is unavailable for purchase (requires 1 horn, 1 bin of ore). Only items for purchase are wood and some kind of grain sheaf, Tried using grain sheaf, but was unable to catch or pick it up to add to storehouse. Unable to complete level. Technical issue only because the game was not tested enough on the developer's end.

*DOH!* It was the Cows that make horns. Must have been before my morning coffee!

Sorry :-}

I DID have a problem when trying to play after purchase, I got '51' error, but after uninstalling/reinstalling it works again.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Sep 14, 11 7:00 PM
No buy for me, I'm afraid.

Twice during the demo, in different parts of the game, I got a blue screen error, "Page fault in unpaged area."

I have had this identical blue screen error in two previous FF games, and nobody seems to be able to fix it.

So I guess buying & playing these games will have to wait until I can afford a new laptop. Oh well.

It's a shame, since the game was fun...what I was able to play of it.

woohookf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by woohookf on Sep 15, 11 3:31 PM
Is anybody else having problems with the scroll down menu in the replay section? I can scroll down, but it doesn't stay. When I release the mouse button it scrolls back up to the top. It is very annoying since I want to replay a level and can't get the scroll to stay at that level to select it. I was just wondering if I am missing something or if it is a technical issue. Other than that the game runs smoothly for me.

Airyuna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Airyuna on Sep 16, 11 2:42 AM
When I was playing in Adventure mode level #5, I've got an error message and the game ended itself. The message told me to restart the game which I did. At the very same part of the very same level, the same problem occured again, so I guess there's not much use to try a third time. The message read:

void cDog::setTarget
cEnemy::catchEnemy
void cEnemy::clicked()
handler.m_handler(handler.m_instance) ".\\input\\InputWin.cpp" 702
void cInput::process()
void cLogic::process()
void cEngine::process()Error code d8c9ff. Restart the game please.

I have a screenshot of the error message available, if needed.
Can somebody tell me what to do now, please?

jkw999
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jkw999 on Sep 16, 11 8:39 AM
I was in the middle of level 22 when I got a message to the effect that runtime requested a shutdown and poof! the program was gone!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 16, 11 10:43 AM
Hi everyone,

If you are seeing an error message while playing the game, please first see if updating a component in your computer (especially your video card) might help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report and a screenshot of the error you're seeing so that our reps can look into the issue for you. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

jkw999
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jkw999 on Sep 16, 11 1:35 PM
I talked to Customer Service and now the game runs ok, but it still shuts down the game manager when it starts. Does anyone else have this happen?

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Sep 16, 11 3:22 PM
Yes, My GM shuts down also. This was brought up with another game and that is what is going to start happening since the GM is a resourse hog. For me it only shuts down on the newer games and not my older games.

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Sep 16, 11 3:48 PM
Anyone have the problem of the game running reaalaallly sloooooooowwww?

No option to reduce resolution or whatever, so I spent all my time watching the guy peddle his balloon.

Got gold on everything (since each second takes about three seconds to count off!) but still only made it to level five in an hour--it ran THAT slow!!!

[Post New]by qtpi1080 on Sep 16, 11 4:44 PM
This game has run fine for a few days and now all of a sudden, it's just crashing. Most of the time it's loading the game or loading into standard mode and it just shuts down. I don't get an error message or anything. All that happens is it stops and then the GM pops up saying "Thank You for Playing."

What should I do?

[Post New]by sealsbroken13 on Sep 17, 11 10:12 AM
farmfrenzy will not allow me to place hay to feed the animals,so I can't even try it,I went to help,uninstalled reinstalled,updated my computer,and the same thing again it will not place the hay to feed the animals on level one of main game,so I uninstalled again and reinstalled,and the same thing.If I can't play the demo,I can't buy the game.I check and I seem to be the only one having this problem or at least the only one reporting the problem.

mj8541
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mj8541 on Sep 17, 11 3:53 PM
TheRealDragon wrote:Anyone have the problem of the game running reaalaallly sloooooooowwww?

No option to reduce resolution or whatever, so I spent all my time watching the guy peddle his balloon.

Got gold on everything (since each second takes about three seconds to count off!) but still only made it to level five in an hour--it ran THAT slow!!!

Have you been able to solve this problem for yourself? I made sure my DirectX, video drivers, and everything was up to date, even uninstalled and reinstalled, and no luck yet....stillllllll slooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

[Post New]by 65Shell on Sep 17, 11 4:34 PM
Yes, VH will load put when I push to start the game. The game goes off.
My technical issues is like qtpi1080.

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 8:37:05 PM PST

[Post New]by Snoopy22 on Sep 18, 11 12:28 AM

Me too, Can anyone tell me what I should do as I cannot play any new games.

zbox12 wrote:Yes, My GM shuts down also. This was brought up with another game and that is what is going to start happening since the GM is a resourse hog. For me it only shuts down on the newer games and not my older games.

gmrgrl25
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by gmrgrl25 on Sep 18, 11 12:37 AM
I am having major problems with instant crashing on this game. NO warning message, it just auto shuts down. Also the GM does close when I start the game. I uninstalled/resintalled, rebooted my computer and it still bugs out on me-----not very happy right now :-(

[Post New]by Gammommy65 on Sep 18, 11 12:56 PM
TheRealDragon wrote:Anyone have the problem of the game running reaalaallly sloooooooowwww?

[i] I am also having a problem with the game running slowly. It was fine at first but at level 33 it began running really slow and it is so frustrating. My driver and video cards are all up to date I just don't get it.

[Post New]by SkyDreams on Sep 18, 11 6:59 PM
gmrgrl25 wrote:I am having major problems with instant crashing on this game. NO warning message, it just auto shuts down. Also the GM does close when I start the game. I uninstalled/resintalled, rebooted my computer and it still bugs out on me-----not very happy right now :-(

Same with me, has anybody received any answers to this?

Go to: