TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 15, 11 1:06 AM
I'm a little bit disappointed cuz the screens look [promising to me. Yes, the graphics are really really good but what about it? Why all scenes are all in the same color scheme (i think it's brown), it's clear and attractive but not interesting! Puzzles are really fun for me but there're too many HOG scenes..... Story is a bit different but still quite interesting. Hints CAN BE recharge, just like Golden Trials that hints can recharge but you can also collect more of it.... Characters' face impressions are really well drawn but voice overs are pretty bad!

UPDATE: Well, i decided to play a little more futher into the demo and i just notice that the game is getting better and better and at the end of the demo i really liked it! The graphics and artwork after the demo are not all BROWN as i first thought, very good game - i recommend everybody to finish the demo first before you decide whether to buy it or not! + Yes, i've bought it!

This is a long game too, i can finish it in around 5-6 hours with 30 mins bonus (i'm fast player)!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: B
Music: A
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: B
Fun: A
Gameplay: B
Overall: A

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 2:15:31 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Reviews for Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 15, 11 1:10 AM
No recharged hint button - no buy!!!

Edit: Oooops, my mistake. Thanks Dobbie and megwoman. Game bought!!!

Yay...

Edited on 09/15/2011 at 3:25:29 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 15, 11 1:14 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:No recharged hint button - no buy!!!
Yes, hintbutton recharg.

JudyAlex
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by JudyAlex on Sep 15, 11 1:17 AM
There seems to be an audio problem for me on this game. The music and voices warble quite a bit.....anyone else having this problem? I am going to delete the game and download again to see if that takes care of this.

Edited on 09/15/2011 at 1:18:05 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 15, 11 1:23 AM
So, I really like this game. its somewhat different but I like different. You are a detective and the music is very detective like and you are going to solve this mystery but even getting there you run into trouble from this evil creature. There IS a hint recharge. You ALWAYS have hints. IF you read the fine print in the strategy guide, you would see that but whats nice is, you can earn more hints and not have to wait for it to charge by playing the mini games or collecting the weird characters and so far the mini games have been rather easy but NEW or new spins on old games AND you get 2 hints for completeing them so there is never a time when you dont have hints. I very much approve. The hidden object scenes are rather junkpiled but they were interactive and it didnt bother me but on Hard mode, it was actually HARD. There were some kind of symbol to tell you about hidden object scenes but other than that, you are on your own and Idk if its because Im tired tonight or what but I got stuck a few times. Some of the stuff you have to do, I didn't even realize was something to do so I actually had to use the strategy guide which rarely happens. I can't afford this right now but I will definitely be putting it on my list of games to buy. Happy Gaming

I think its really rude, when people only try the game out for say 5 minutes and then come back with NO BUY, IT SUCKS or you are actually wrong about certain things but are so quick to judge because you didnt give it the time to figure it out. Then everyone thinks a game is terrible when in fact, its actually not. Not trying to be rude but the strategy guide has general game tips, maybe you should read it.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 15, 11 1:23 AM
I don't know what to think about this game. Graphics are good and the item from the Hog's are good. I like the puzzles. When you solve a puzzle you get 2 extra hints. When you see a little spy you get also a extra hint.

The hintbutton do recharge. So, don't worry!

The SG they show you the first 3 chapters (I hope).

I really don't know if I buy this one.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Sep 15, 11 1:25 AM
Good sound, music ok, voices good, puzzles ok.

There's something about this game that seems clumsy or clunky.

Too many Hidden Object scenes with too much to pick up in each one. Seemed like a Hidden Object game with a few interactive bits thrown in.

I think I'd buy the SE with a Credit instead.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 15, 11 1:30 AM
Megwoman, I played 35 minutes out of 60 - not 5 - and still found only one hint with the help of the simulator. In order to pay 14$, I want the old rechargeable hint button. Otherwise I don't enjoy the game.

I don't think it is rude to demand my preferences, when I am the one who is paying...

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 15, 11 1:32 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Megwoman, I played 35 minutes out of 60 - not 5 - and still found only one hint with the help of the simulator. In order to pay 14$, I want the old rechargeable hint button. Otherwise I don't enjoy the game.

I don't think it is rude to demand my preferences, when I am the one who is paying...

you have the old rechargeable button. It comes back when you are out of hints just like in any other game...it just lets you get more if you actually do the mini games...so you dont have to wait the 30 seconds or whatever til it charges...

Edited on 09/15/2011 at 1:33:13 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 15, 11 1:32 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Megwoman, I played 35 minutes out of 60 - not 5 - and still found only one hint with the help of the simulator. In order to pay 14$, I want the old rechargeable hint button. Otherwise I don't enjoy the game.

Rebecca, the hintbutton recharge. So, don't worry about it.

JudyAlex
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by JudyAlex on Sep 15, 11 1:36 AM
Well, I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it. This time I waited to see how long it took which was just under 6 minutes. So, a pretty fast download compared to most of them lately. But, I still have this audio problem.....anyone else experiencing sound problems with this game??

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 15, 11 1:39 AM
Review based on the entire demo. Came as far as being on the train, in the bar.
What can I say from this game? Good? Not so. Bad? Not so either.
It's too dark coloured, that's for sure. I never like brown too much, being used primarily.
A good thing is that there aren't too much H0 scenes. It's more of an adventure game. But... IF there is a H0 scene, the objects aren't so easy to find. Too dark, those locations, the graphics are grainy and sometimes to far away to be discoverd easily. OK, you've got hints, but I always try to use as few as possible, and in this game that seems rather difficult.
The minigames are a bit strange, but very easy, so it's not a big deal to solve them and earn extra hints.
The story is so-so to me and although I like voice-overs in a game, the ones heard in this one annoy me somehow. And that language! In my Dutch ears they sound neither American, nor British. Just unpleasant.
This could be a good game to purchase with a gamecoupon. But to buy this one for the CE price? Come on, what do you take me for?

CasualGran

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Sep 15, 11 1:42 AM

Rebeca, I am in total agreement with you. This is a FORUM. Positive and negative opinions are most welcome here. "Rude" was a poor choice of verbage.
I did not like the game at all. Graphics were the only "positive" for me. I enjoy a relaxing, somewhat challenging game. This was without any direction as to what to do next...without SG I would have been totally lost. Not my idea of fun and relaxation. I'm sure there are those that choose to work a bit harder for their game enjoyment. To all those that do...........ENJOY

SantaBanana
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by SantaBanana on Sep 15, 11 1:57 AM
megwoman25 wrote:
I think its really rude, when people only try the game out for say 5 minutes and then come back with NO BUY, IT SUCKS or you are actually wrong about certain things but are so quick to judge because you didnt give it the time to figure it out. .

I do agree with you megwoman. I also think it isn't fair to write a glowing review of a game when they've only played the demo or trial version of it.

Reviews should be written by players who have actually finished the whole game. Then they can tell us about what really matters: the length and playing time, the quality of the bonus chapter, and if the ending makes sense or leaves us hanging, etc.

What each game needs is a First Impressions thread -- for those who like to judge the game based on its first few minutes, like the graphics, the music, the cutscenes, and other cosmetic appearances.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 15, 11 1:59 AM
havasulady wrote:

Rebeca, I am in total agreement with you. This is a FORUM. Positive and negative opinions are most welcome here. "Rude" was a poor choice of verbage.
I did not like the game at all. Graphics were the only "positive" for me. I enjoy a relaxing, somewhat challenging game. This was without any direction as to what to do next...without SG I would have been totally lost. Not my idea of fun and relaxation. I'm sure there are those that choose to work a bit harder for their game enjoyment. To all those that do...........ENJOY

okay maybe I shouldn't have used the word rude but Im tired and didn't realize the grammar police would attack me. Her & I are both wrong then though. Me with my verbage and her with there not being a rechargeable hint button because there is. Im all for people hating games and stating their opinions as I hate most games BUT when thats the 2nd review people see and its not even correct information then I find it kind of upsetting because for people who just read reviews to purchase they wont have the correct information. Thats all, wasnt trying to start a huge debate.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 15, 11 2:06 AM
This game is o.k., but I will wait for SE. But I love the voiceovers and being a detective and solving a mystery. So, I will buy this game. But not CE. The graphics are o.k. and the story holds your interest. The animations are fantastic! The overall gameplay is good and the mini games I'd say are easy to medium difficulty. The hog scenes are o.k., so far no objects to small to see. There is a hint recharge, so don't let that discourage you. Most definietly try this game and it is a buy for me when the SE come's out. Or if you have another CE sale BF (hint hint) lol, I'd get the CE version. Forsure try this game it's worth your time. Enjoy!

I'd rate this game: "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by heatherington on Sep 15, 11 2:07 AM
Going to have to buy on the SE. Scenes are simply too dark for these old tired eyes. Not paying 14.00 for something I can't see. Otherwise, it is okay on the interaction even though the hidden object scenes are not great. The train was really quite beautiful.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 15, 11 2:15 AM
Megwoman is right - it was the second review, and I didn't write my comments after that. Sorry, but I never look at the reply number...

Yes, the game is good, and if I wouldn't be "lost" with the hints - it was a buy for me for sure (I buy almost each CE, and believe me I am sorry that I got "cold feet" on this one).

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Sep 15, 11 2:15 AM

Demand? Where do you get off demanding anything? If the game isn't something you like, don't buy it. But as posted, read the instructions before making erroneous claims.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Sep 15, 11 2:18 AM
I think its really rude, when people only try the game out for say 5 minutes and then come back with NO BUY, IT SUCKS or you are actually wrong about certain things but are so quick to judge because you didnt give it the time to figure it out. Then everyone thinks a game is terrible when in fact, its actually not. Not trying to be rude but the strategy guide has general game tips, maybe you should read it.

I agree with megwoman. Personally, I am very tried of the SAME PERSON who rushes to give an opinion about a game without ACTUALLY playing it for some time. They are always first to give a comment. Are they working for BF? I wonder because they always seem to "grade" every game within five minutes of it coming out. [removed by moderator] Very strange indeed.

Actually, I like the game so far. There are hints and the hard section is definitely hard.

Edited on 09/15/2011 at 12:28:07 PM PST

Go to: