bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Reviews for Twisted Lands: Insomniac

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 16, 11 12:56 AM
Hi Fishies!

This thread has now been stickied.

What do you think of Twisted Lands: Insomniac? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews and Comments for Twisted Lands: Insomniac

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 16, 11 1:00 AM
I didn't bought the CE version and I know that I said before that I will buy this SE version but after I've tried the game again, I decided I will just leave it!

The way the dev mixed two stories together is really interesting but it's really really confusing, I can't even figure out what's going on! Graphics are clear but I don't quite like the artwork. Puzzles are fun so far and HOG scenes are also pretty good.

Grades:

Graphics: B
Story: C
Music: B
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: B
Fun: B
Gameplay: B
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 16, 11 1:12 AM
This game loaded just fine, but the activation took so long, that by the time it was finished, so was my trial time! This has been happening alot since the installation of the new game manager.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Sep 16, 11 1:20 AM
I remember playing the CE version and really liking it. I enjoyed playing the demo of the SE version too until I finished with 20 mins left to spare!!! I remember liking Twisted Lands: Shadow Town also. The graphics and music were game as well as the gameplay. I liked the fact that you could use the hint button if you were stuck on where to go next. The ****'s and minigames were good. Overall, I would rate it a 9 out of 10 and I think I am going to buy it.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 16, 11 1:29 AM
I bought the CE version. My rating of this game, 2 stars. Horrible. Too many loose ends in the story. It was like the devs just threw this game out there. Here were done, buy it. And the CE version crashed. It wasn't worth the ground to do a Dr. Felix to see what was wrong. Visited too many of the same places as the first one. Too much reading. Hard to believe this was the same team that made Sacra Terra which was awesome.

Story: So so. It was a continuation of the first one, but the main character was the guy's wife. You see what happened to her on her time on the island.

Graphics: The only good thing in the game. Even in the hidden objects scenes I didn't have a problem.

Mini games: Boring. None made you think, they just existed.

Hint Button: Rechargeable

Music: It was o.k.. It fit for the game.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

Re:Reviews and Comments for Twisted Lands: Insomniac

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 16, 11 1:30 AM
TeamSD wrote:I didn't bought the CE version and I know that I said before that I will buy this SE version but after I've tried the game again, I decided I will just leave it!

The way the dev mixed two stories together is really interesting but it's really really confusing, I can't even figure out what's going on! Graphics are clear but I don't quite like the artwork. Puzzles are fun so far and HOG scenes are also pretty good.

Grades:

Graphics: B
Story: C
Music: B
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: B
Fun: B
Gameplay: B
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

I agree. I have the first one but this one confused the heck out of me. I even replayed the original but still confused. I gotta leave it as well.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Sep 16, 11 1:49 AM
Bought this game as a CE and loved it. I am a fan of both Twisted Lands games, and I recommend playing Shadow Town before playing Insomniac, or else you will be really confused about the plot. You might still be confused even if you did play Shadow Town. Insomniac is a real head trip, but I think it is an enjoyable one, and it tied up loose ends from Shadow Town. My biggest gripe with that game was that there were too many unanswered questions at the end. Insomniac does a pretty good job of answering them.

The game play is Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure. It has more puzzles and adventure than H0, which I like, but if you are looking for a game with lots of H0 scenes, this is not it. It is a Mental Hospital game, and I love those, but it has a twist to it that makes it different than other games like that, so you might want to still give it a try even if you don't like Mental Hospital games.

I bought the CE, since I had to have the game right away and couldn't wait until the SE came out. But I do not think you need to buy the CE to enjoy the game. The bonus play in the CE was only somewhat related to what happened in the game, and I did not like it as much as I liked the rest of the game. It felt like an add on more so than a continuation of the story. The strategy guide was not necessary to have either since the game has a very helpful hint system which will point you in the right direction if you are stuck. I did not use the strategy guide very much because of that. So I do think that this game is well worth the SE price, it took me about 5-6 hours to finish it, although I am slower than other players here so it may take others 3-5 hours to finish it. But I do think it is a good length, it has an intriguing story and is challenging without being too challenging, and I highly recommend it to people here that like lots of puzzles and adventure, as well as a gripping and creepy story in their games.

[Post New]by fullyassembled on Sep 16, 11 1:51 AM
Just annoyingly creepy. What is this obsession that game developers have with mental hospitals and eyeballs? Won't even waste one of my credits on this.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 16, 11 6:16 AM
This game has a walkthrough and if you follow it, you could finish it in under an hr. No buy here.

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Sep 16, 11 6:31 AM
brookings wrote:This game loaded just fine, but the activation took so long, that by the time it was finished, so was my trial time! This has been happening alot since the installation of the new game manager.

I sent info to the tech team and they posted how to download the old game manager. I did that so maybe it would help you.
Bessie Mae

mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mimiismags on Sep 16, 11 6:59 AM
I am seriously thinking of cancelling my account for several reasons. Some of the games I have purchased I have had to get refunds for, I am extremely sick of all these nightmarish games and mental hospitals and vampires and I am sick of HOGs. I guess I have been playing them too long and now they bore me, I still like the ones where you have to put things together (FROG?) can't remember what that is called. I much prefer the more animated games like Dream Chronicles and of course the best was Azada which they have obviously decided not to ever make the third edition. I know I am ranting but I just looked at this game and sighed. On another note I agree that the new game manager has severely slowed installations.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 16, 11 7:17 AM
I was sent an e-mail from CS with the offer to rollback with the old game manager I reinstalled in old one and it works just fine now.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Sep 16, 11 7:18 AM
I know I already commented but I'd like to ask a question, why can't you, BF get more games like Secrets of Da Vinci or Voyage? These are Adventure games, real adventure games, no hidden objects, just adventure. I hope someone that works here reads these posts because if they do and they never put out adventure games without hidden objects, then it's all about money not people and keeping us happy. I'm sure hidden object game lovers are tickled pink but I'm sick and tired of it. Please wake up BF and give others games they like. Look at the dates and the number of hidden object games you've released in the last two years, it'll blow your mind.

[Post New]by dudleythepug on Sep 16, 11 9:27 AM
I completely agree w/ Hannah57. Sick, so sick of HOG games. I also am considering cancelling my membership. I have 5 game credits but haven't found a game worthy of using them on in months! Thought this might be one, but it's another mental hospital story.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Sep 16, 11 10:27 AM
fullyassembled wrote:Just annoyingly creepy. What is this obsession that game developers have with mental hospitals and eyeballs? Won't even waste one of my credits on this.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Sep 16, 11 10:27 AM
fullyassembled wrote:Just annoyingly creepy. What is this obsession that game developers have with mental hospitals and eyeballs? Won't even waste one of my credits on this.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 16, 11 10:48 AM
I quite liked the first game, and found this one intriguing and interesting. Didn`t want to get the CE though, but bought the SE now.

I find it interesting that the girl never knows what is real and what isn`t. I am not getting confused with the story, but even if I did, I enjoy the game for the gameplay`s sake and don`t worry too much about the story itself.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Sep 16, 11 10:49 AM
I liked the demo of the CE, and again when I played the SE, so I bought this with a PCC. Well, I need something to get me through another boring weekend

I like the premise of the story, after playing and enjoying the first game. I admit to being confused, but hopefully things should clear up as I get into the story. I also like the graphics and the puzzles are fairly good (not the best, but up to my standards and the H0 scenes are about right - easy enough to whip through, as I get impatient when breaking up an adventure part of a game to sit and go through a pile of H0 items when I want to get on with the story!) However, an hour and a half in and I am totally stumped and taking a break to have a Friday pre-dinner glass of wine and hoping that inspiration will hit when I get back to the game this evening

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 16, 11 10:50 AM
dudleythepug wrote:I completely agree w/ Hannah57. Sick, so sick of HOG games. I also am considering cancelling my membership. I have 5 game credits but haven't found a game worthy of using them on in months! Thought this might be one, but it's another mental hospital story.

I am not sure why you want to make this comment in a HOG forum. I don`t care for TM games, but it would never occur to me to go to a TM forum and tell everyone that I am sick of TM games. I just don`t play them and leave those forums to those who do enjoy these games.

Go to: