Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

CE or SE

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 16, 11 12:50 AM
Good Morning Fellow Early Birds or Insomniacs depending on your time zones. I was wondering if those who played the CE version of Insomniac could share whether the bonus play added to the story. I would like to get this game since I enjoyed the first one and have to be very disciminate in how I budget my purchases. Thank You

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:CE or SE

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 16, 11 1:28 AM
Well, you can purchase and play the SE and then check out the forum for the CE version to see if you liked this game enough to upgrade to the CE.
If you have managed to play the game without a Walkthrough (and the Hint system is useful here), then half of the extra stuff supplied with the CE has already been catered for (the Strategy Guide).
If you do decide to upgrade to the CE, you will have to redownload it - I'm not sure as to whether the game will have stored your profile and game status.
Contact CS regarding your upgrade to the CE and they will issue you with a GC credit for the standard version and remove it from your purchase history.
Cheers

Edited on 09/16/2011 at 1:29:26 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 16, 11 1:32 AM
Me personally I was very sorry I had bought the CE version. The game crashed on me, and my comps are only 3 months old. I didn't like the game anyways. It was like they threw it together.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 16, 11 1:44 AM
I have bought the CE before a few weeks and had much fun, but I have missed the special feeling and storyline like in part 1. I would say "buy the SE"

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Sep 16, 11 1:52 AM
I liked the game much better than the bonus play and I did not feel as if the bonus added much to the story. The main character wasn't even in it. It was more like a subplot than actually being part of the plot. I love this game and I recommend it, but unless you need to use the strategy guide (which I don't see as being necessary since the hint system is really helpful), I do not think you need to buy the CE.

[Post New]by evey70 on Sep 16, 11 2:06 AM
Have been a big fish customer for years, but I am new to these forums and I was woundering what CE and SE mean. And also if there are any other codes that A newcomer might not know

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 16, 11 2:41 AM
evey70 wrote:Have been a big fish customer for years, but I am new to these forums and I was woundering what CE and SE mean. And also if there are any other codes that A newcomer might not know

Hello Evey70...

CE means: Collector`s Edition = game includes bonus game, wallpaper, artwork, etc.

SE means: Standard Edition = main game only

Here are a couple of links to threads that explain some of BigFish`s abbreviations:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/33367.page

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/87335.page#1606784

Happy gaming.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 16, 11 2:50 AM
hi evey70,

and welcome to posting.
CE means Collector's Edition, and SE means Standard Edition.
This is the SE version of this game. If you go to the game page (via "Try this game" above), you'll see the links to the CE of this game.

If you want to know more about the CE's here, you can search for "Collector's Edition" via BFG's Help pages, which you reach by clicking on "We're Here to Help" at the right side, next to the green envelope ==>

BTW, you can find more abbreviations and their explanations in this thread:

Updated Common Abbreviations
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/33367.page
(copy and paste the address into the address bar of your browser, no linking allowed)

It's in the CCC forum - Chit Chat Corner, which you also reach via the "Forums Home" tab at the top. The first thread in that forum is called "Welcome to the Chit-Chat Corner forum - PLEASE READ" and contains more (maybe) helpful links like the one above.

HTH (hope this helps)

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Sep 16, 11 8:13 AM
Why do you do this BF. I purchase all the CE's with my limited funds and earn all these points and then all you can give me is CE's that are now SE's. That doesn't seem fair. It is not your fault I am addicted to these games, especially the CE's but you could be a little kinder and give me some games I can use my points on. I am talking about HOG and I/HOG only.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 16, 11 8:54 AM
Hi angelfishsb I understand I am like you I buy all CES and I earn all these PCC and can never use them! Why can't more Hogs/IHogs come out and be stand alone SES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by evey70 on Sep 16, 11 4:58 PM
Thank you very much for your help Valdy and _DD . I well check all the links now. Now I will understand what all the posts are about lol hehe Just found out what HOG meant.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 17, 11 1:11 AM
You're welcome, evey70.

Now I will understand what all the posts are about lol hehe

LOL, big undertaking! Good luck!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 11 6:18 AM
evey70 wrote:Thank you very much for your help Valdy and _DD . I well check all the links now. Now I will understand what all the posts are about lol hehe Just found out what HOG meant.

You are very welcome, Evey. I had the same problem for quite some time, until I found the thread with all the abbreviations.

Happy gaming, and have a great Saturday, everyone.

Go to: