bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Twisted Lands: Insomniac technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 16, 11 12:56 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Launch problem

[Post New]by himehime on Sep 16, 11 6:48 AM
I'm having a trouble such as :
Game shut down automatically just after opening movie.
(same trouble also happens when I crick "skip" button.)

I deleted & re-downloaded this game twice but still same.

Someone should have same problem with CE.
What's wrong with my PC, or this game??

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

Words are not legible

[Post New]by moesart on Sep 16, 11 6:55 AM
Could I be missing some sort of graphics card?

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Insomniac technical issues here only

[Post New]by Franmama on Sep 16, 11 7:17 AM
I have just the same problem and never be able to play! sooo bad!!

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Sep 16, 11 9:56 AM
[u]This is just one of many games that will not play on my computer. Don't know if it is graphics or what. I get all these colored lines and squares, and can only control/alt./del, to get out.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Sep 16, 11 10:05 AM
Cannot read the mess of letters. Is this a glitch or my computer?

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Sep 16, 11 10:24 AM
Many people had a problem with the CE having nothing but white squares where the text should be. Not only with conversations and directions but you cannot even see what you are looking for in the hidden object scenes. Well, its over a month later and the SE has the same problem. Does anyone from BFG even look at these forums.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 16, 11 1:45 PM
Hello everyone,

It sounds like all of you are either having a problem with the game crashing before play or not loading properly. Both of these reasons can be attributed to an outdated component in your computer, so if you'd like to look for some updates that could help, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If going through these steps do not help resolve the issue, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help you with the next steps. Please be sure to attach a Dr. Felix report and anything else you find important (i.e. steps you've already taken, a screenshot, etc.). Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 16, 11 2:04 PM
I just played the trial of this SE version, and it doesn't play in full screen even though the full screen box is checked.
When I played the CE, it was in full screen, so I don't understand, I even tried changing my screen resolution, but that didn't work either.
Why is the SE different from the CE, as far as playing in full screen?
Well I guess I will not be getting this game....BOO HOO :-(

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Sep 16, 11 3:03 PM
I bought this game this morning after playing the demo. It is still downloading at 6:02PM. It is at 26%...............I am ready to ask for a refund.
Why must we download again even if we still have the demo installed?

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 16, 11 3:38 PM
it's always the PC and not the game. must be we all get our PC's from the same place. even the new ones. even with everything updated it can't be the PC. ask your PC company to check it over the phone.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 16, 11 3:42 PM
schuldi wrote:I bought this game this morning after playing the demo. It is still downloading at 6:02PM. It is at 26%...............I am ready to ask for a refund.
Why must we download again even if we still have the demo installed?

that's weird. usually it downloads the remaining chapters to the game. what I find helpful is click on the arrow near the garbage can on the game manager. by pausing and restarting a few times helps. also go into internet options and delete the history, cookies, temp. files, etc. sometimes that will help.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Sep 16, 11 6:11 PM
I uninstalled the demo to try and make it go faster, so now I am starting all over again.

crickets52
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by crickets52 on Sep 17, 11 7:57 AM
I am very close to the end of the game - I have exited the mansion thru the garage and entered the basement thru the spider gate. The bench in the forefront sparkles, but when I open the object I do not have a list of the Hidden Object items to find. The list panel is blank! I clicked on the Hint button and it indicates this is the place to go! Contacting tech support but thought I would post in case anyone else has this issue.

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 7:59:04 AM PST

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Sep 17, 11 12:31 PM
I purchased this game this morning & I am having the problem when downloading/installing this game. When it comes to the waiting to activate it will not activate & comes up with an error code. I have tried several times unlinstalling & reinstalling. I have followed all instruction that show up for the error code that I am receiving to no avail. Very frustrating.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Sep 17, 11 3:56 PM
crickets52 wrote:I am very close to the end of the game - I have exited the mansion thru the garage and entered the basement thru the spider gate. The bench in the forefront sparkles, but when I open the object I do not have a list of the Hidden Object items to find. The list panel is blank! I clicked on the Hint button and it indicates this is the place to go! Contacting tech support but thought I would post in case anyone else has this issue.

I am am having the exact same problem. I can't even exit out of the scene, except through the menu. Help me Big Fish!!! Please post a fix for this.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Sep 17, 11 5:07 PM
I restarted the game and was able to exit the H.O. scene (where the objects to look for were blank) and just skipped it. I was then able to finish the game without playing that scene.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 17, 11 7:20 PM
1unicorn wrote:Cannot read the mess of letters. Is this a glitch or my computer?

I have never seen such a mess. My game was in some alien language. Perhaps something I heard in Star Trek?

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Sep 17, 11 9:41 PM
tazdaffy wrote:I purchased this game this morning & I am having the problem when downloading/installing this game. When it comes to the waiting to activate it will not activate & comes up with an error code. I have tried several times unlinstalling & reinstalling. I have followed all instruction that show up for the error code that I am receiving to no avail. Very frustrating.

I am having the same issue. Played this game last night, not problem. Tonight I can't even get it to open. Access Code Violation. This is the third game I've really wanted to play and eill probably end up having to get my money back! Rats!

[Post New]by linda90605 on Sep 17, 11 11:19 PM
I played the free version...it ran okay...when I put in full version, it will not run/load ..reinstalled 3 times..keep getting error message...HELP!

Go to: