Oddly Enough: Pied Piper Game

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 16, 11 1:21 PM
Any one out there know if BF will be getting this Adventure game?

I have demoed this on the dev's site, and what an excellent game this is!

I tried posting in the "General Games Discussion" thread, but seams no one is discussing games there any more. So I opted to try it here to see if any one replies.

Thanks...

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Oddly Enough: Pied Piper Game

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 16, 11 1:39 PM
I played this game and really liked it! Not hard, just fun and very nice graphics. I would say that BF will be getting the game as soon as it is done being an exclusive at the Publisher's website (probably where you played the demo). I don't know how long this takes though...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,184 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 16, 11 2:00 PM
I am sure the game will come to BF once it`s been sold on you-know-where for a week or two.

I demoed the game, and found it sluggish, slow, and awkward to play - not the game itself, but the gameplay. The graphics are nice, and so is the gameplay, but for a game from you-know-where, this game could have ran better. Just my opinion.

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 12:20:17 AM PST

loontje
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by loontje on Sep 16, 11 2:07 PM
should definitely get this game

muttmom
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Sep 16, 11 3:18 PM
I'm trying the demo and I love it!!

jawfish
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Sep 16, 11 3:19 PM
I've finished this game and I like it. It has good artwork and voiceacting. It'll be a SE here so it's very good value.

It loaded and ran very fast on mine so no problem at all.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Sep 16, 11 4:33 PM
Very nice little game and story. Just absolutely beautiful colorful graphics and puzzles. But too easy play. Not for hardcore H0 players.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,184 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 11 12:19 AM
I forgot to mention that this game`s H0 scenes only show silhouettes in their lists. Not just the odd one here and there, but all of the H0 scenes only consist of silhouettes.

I absolutely despise silhouettes in H0 scenes, and that`s why I won`t buy this game. Too bad.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 17, 11 8:16 AM
I've tried the demo and loved it. It's one of the best SE game you could get these days (including The Maze & Dreamland). Graphics are so lovely and story is so charming!

I'm sure that BFG will be releasing this game pretty soon, they always release games from this dev!

PS, it's a FROG not a HOG!

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 8:17:10 AM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,103 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 20, 11 9:15 PM
I've been playing the demo from the Dev's and quite enjoying it.

However, with only 9 minutes left, I am stuck trying to work out the third/last ingredient needed to go into the cauldron for cleaning the rust off the gate padlock. All I have in inventory is the gate key, and the Hint just keeps telling me that now the cat is quiet, I can look in the Cash Drawer (wherever that is - I already fixed the cash register at the Baker's)

Guess I will be waiting for BF to get it as I can't find a walkthrough yet - sigh. Unless one of you lovely Fishies can remember what I need?

Jen

[Post New]by DOXIELADY7 on Sep 23, 11 12:07 PM
Cash drawer is the open drawer below where the cat is laying

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,103 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 25, 11 12:06 AM
Thanks, Doxielady That was certainly a tricky drawer! I never even noticed it was slightly pulled out, lol

Well, my trial is finished now, so I have to decide if I like the game enough to buy it at some stage. Bouncing back to those direction arrows all the time hurts my head

Jen

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Sep 25, 11 12:34 AM
So it's really not a true "Adventure" game but a hidden object game? I got excited when I saw "adventure" but I am guessing this is just another flavor of the usual.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Sep 27, 11 12:49 PM
It's kind of like Snark Busters if you're familiar with that. It's not so much a H0G as FR0G. I'm stuck near the end with the tribal masks.

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Sep 28, 11 6:53 AM
Just played about 30 minutes of the demo.

Great artwork, smooth running and relaxing background music.

The outlined frogs are detailed and not blob-ish at all.

As soon as it arrives it will be a buy.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 1, 11 3:22 PM
This game has great graphics and usually I do not care for cartoon charactors this was well done.

Off course liked the storyline and again the artwork was very clear and sharp. I was a little disapointed with the main courtyard and all of the arrows advising where to go and check out. It's the fun of the game to hunt and search where to go and what to do.

I wish the hog scenes were not all silhouettes. I personally do not care for that style..

I can see that this game will be a fun popular game when it hits BFG for those who can handle the silhouettes.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Oct 4, 11 12:09 AM
well it's here ...enjoy

bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 4, 11 1:29 AM
Hi fishies!

Oddly Enough: Pied Piper is out as our Tomorrow's Game Today, therefore I'm popping this revived thread over to the Oddly Enough: Pied Piper Forum.

Please feel free to post any reviews on this game in this thread HERE.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

kpajak
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Oddly Enough: Pied Piper Game cash drawer

[Post New]by kpajak on Oct 4, 11 5:33 AM
Hi all, I have appeased the cat, but the old guy is standing in front of the cash drawer, is this a glitch, or is there some way to get him to move? thanks!

bolser
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bolser on Oct 24, 11 3:13 PM
I am stuck at the vault.I have all the masks but I can`t get them to rotate.Can I get some help ? Thanks

Go to: