Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

Finished!

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Sep 16, 11 11:10 PM
WOW! Great game!

I probably should have mentioned that the puzzles are quite fun and unique! And they are skippable! Obviously I was relieved after not being able to figure one out! Although in expert mode, I'm assuming that it probably takes longer to fill the skip bar?!

I am curious (again,) if there will be another continuance game, like the first one-it's hard to tell with the ending! (I do hope that there is another one on it's way! )

The game itself is pretty long, I would say depending if you enjoy taking your time and figuring things out without the walkthrough like myself, it lasted roughly 4 hours? +/- a few minutes!

The hint button can be used as a walkthrough, in the sense that it helps direct you-and you'll need a few pair of sneakers too!

I am sticking to my 4 and my 4 out of a possible 5! ( I use the 's simply because I am a music promoter of sorts!

I hope that my review is helpful to my fellow fishie's in the pond, I do try to not give too much away-as to not take away from your enjoyment of the game(s)!

" HAPPY PLAYING FISHIES!"
And as always.... and on me!

"CHEERS!"

PS! If you have any questions or comments~(especially if you have any ideas as to how I can improve my submissions, PLEASE feel free to PM me!)

* I am fairly new to writing my reviews and comments!*
So, any help would be appreciated. Thank you fishies!

Sportsspaz1449

Re:Finished!

[Post New]by lazydeb on Sep 17, 11 2:39 PM
Congrats! I have a question. How do you get the combinations for the locks? I've been stuck on the one you need for the suitcase for over an hour! I'd appreciate a great answer! Thanks, lazydeb

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Sep 17, 11 2:52 PM
hi lazydeb
Highlight the following about the suitcase - I have 'whited it out' as it is a spoiler
Either at the nurse’s station or in the cellar (can’t remember which) go o up the steps at the far end of the room. Click on the mirror & you will find a code in roman numerals.

Use the code you found on the mirror to unlock the suitcase.

hope it helps

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Sep 17, 11 2:56 PM
hi sportspaz

nice review but you should go into the game forum & use the Review thread as more people will see it If you click on the game name at the top of this page you will see the 2nd thread down is all the reviews

everyone's reviews are done differently - some are a few lines others like me can't seem to stop writing.

keep it up - it's always good to see other gamers views

[Post New]by ellkin on Sep 17, 11 4:56 PM
Hi hope someone can help please, im stuck trying to get into the cellar door, ive done the telescope bit as far as i know but it keeps telling me when i get to the cellar that i cant guess the combination, have i missed something

thanks
Ellkin

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Sep 17, 11 5:29 PM
hi elkin

before you go to the cellar door you need to open the cache on the balcony.

have whited out as it is a small spoiler

Search around the lighthouse as you have to do a task with a bottle of iodine to get a clue for the balcony

good luck

[Post New]by cphtjlk on Sep 17, 11 8:11 PM
I am trying to open the door where you had to have a "spider" key. I am in the room just before that door...one area keeps sparkling..like I have to search for something there, I have already searched it once. What gives?? Hopefully you will be able to help me.

cphtjlk

ushie15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ushie15 on Sep 17, 11 9:37 PM
I finished the game, and it is a remarkably fast, fun, doozy of a game, but...what the heck?

Did I kill Mark in the first game?

[Post New]by Suze236 on Sep 18, 11 10:51 AM
Agree that it is a very weird and I thought unsatisfactory game. I have no idea what the character was meant to have done, whether Mark and Angel escape together and what the heck the school bus full of children had to do with it!!

Liked the puzzles but not that challenging.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Sep 18, 11 11:09 AM
If you read the newspapers scattered through the game the school bus went missing with all the children aboard. My take at the end is that Mark was just a dream on Angel's part & not real.

I think when she went off in the bus with the children it meant that she had disappeared like them & wasn't going to escape.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 19, 11 1:25 PM
Enjoyed the game but have NO idea what was going on!! What was the awful thing she did?

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Sep 25, 11 7:06 AM
I just finished the game. Very confusing and disjointed. And my out loud comment at the end was "HUH?".

SPOILER:
I think Angel was the teacher since her photo was added to the sheet with all the children's photos. And, at the end, I think she was driving off and saving them.

There are so many loose ends that were not explained or resolved.

What was up with the monster aspect? Hallucination or real?
How did all the diary pages and that story line tie in?
How did the mayor (major?) figure in with the woman's story?
What was the resolution with Mark?
What was the horrible thing Angel did?
Who was 'real' and who was not?

I would have come away from this game feeling a lot more satisfied if there has been some sort of explanatory wrap-up. Now, I sort of feel that I wasted my time. I just did not get this story line. Too convoluted for me.

ETA:
Maybe if I had recalled more of the first Twisted Lands, this follow-up game would have made more sense. I may have to replay that one to help clarify this one.

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 5:16:53 AM PST

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Oct 1, 11 12:59 PM
i think she killed Mark because he was cheating on her with herself. after all, we never saw Mark again after he forgave her...
as far as the children go, i think she saved them and disappeared, and all the media coverage was just a ruse to cover up the evil doctor's mental hospital's experiments...or something like that.
i really liked this game, probably because it was a little weird, and i liked the ending...probably because i'm a little weird....

javajule
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by javajule on Oct 10, 11 2:04 PM
I have to say I think this is the first game I've ever played where I was actively motivated to keep playing to hear more of the story. I sincerely hope there is a sequel~!

jitzel
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jitzel on Oct 12, 11 3:22 PM
Since you've finished, did you skip the puzzle on the jewelry box (in the lighthouse) or did you solve it? If you solved it, can you tell me how? The walkthrough doesn't work.
Thanks!

[Post New]by kmanrriquez on Oct 26, 11 7:17 AM
What the heck, i agree. I am VERY confused by the ending. Nothing seemed wrapped up enough to finish telling the story.

Jorie10 wrote:I just finished the game. Very confusing and disjointed. And my out loud comment at the end was "HUH?".

SPOILER:
I think Angel was the teacher since her photo was added to the sheet with all the children's photos. And, at the end, I think she was driving off and saving them.

There are so many loose ends that were not explained or resolved.

What was up with the monster aspect? Hallucination or real?
How did all the diary pages and that story line tie in?
How did the mayor (major?) figure in with the woman's story?
What was the resolution with Mark?
What was the horrible thing Angel did?
Who was 'real' and who was not?

I would have come away from this game feeling a lot more satisfied if there has been some sort of explanatory wrap-up. Now, I sort of feel that I wasted my time. I just did not get this story line. Too convoluted for me.

ETA:
Maybe if I had recalled more of the first Twisted Lands, this follow-up game would have made more sense. I may have to replay that one to help clarify this one.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Oct 27, 11 12:00 PM
LOVED it! Totally mad and captivating.
I really really hope that they release a third part to explain everything. I must say- it was GENIUS to see it from Angels perspective in this game!

Loved the Puzzles- tricky and mind challenging, but just enough so that I could complete them myself.
Music is great- atmospheric and really setting the tone.
Voice acting- great, really adds to the game.
Storyline- TOTALLY immersive!

Absolutely corking game!

Fingers tightly crossed for a next one to explain everything!

joannebuddy
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by joannebuddy on Sep 14, 12 1:22 PM
closure or some kind of explanation would be more enjoyable after such a great game instead.. so what happened here? no ending what a bummer

Go to: