cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 17 September 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Sep 17, 11 12:10 AM
Any comments fishes?

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Re:Todays DD 17 September 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 17, 11 12:28 AM
LOL, I had said only yesterday that I wished they would offer this as a DD. It will complete the series for me. Many thanks BF

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Sep 17, 11 2:13 AM
This is a Fragmented Hidden Object game (FR0G) from Alawar; the graphics are bright & colourful, the artwork more on the cartoon side but nice enough.

The music is very odd as a lot of the time it sound like it belongs to a game set in China; there were no voiceovers & those who read fast can click through the subtitled dialogue.

The mini games were pretty easy & fun to play.

You have to find the objects in two places; initially you begin in a scene & one of the first objects you collect can change the ‘illusion’ of that scene. Using this item subtly changes the view & more of the FR0Gs become visible, luckily the hint charges in 30 seconds for those like me simply cannot see all the objects. They really were very well hidden & difficult to find so will give you a workout.

However the hint is not very useful once you have found all the items in a scene & have one fragment left to find; it simply says ‘I need to look somewhere else’ but doesn’t give any clues where. I went into every scene I had opened using both normal & illusion view but could not find the fragment of the object I was trying to piece together.

At this point, 40 minutes into the demo, I lost patience & gave up but I hope others have better luck than I.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 17, 11 2:42 AM
I really wanted this game. It would have completed the series for me. But tech problems won't let me have it. I really like this series. I played for 10 mins and really liked it. But unfortunetly it's a no game for me, do to tech problems only. But for other's who haven't played any of this series be sure to check it out. It's a good deal at DD prices. Enjoy all, wish I could.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Sep 17, 11 7:06 AM
I bought this a while ago and was intrigued enough to actually finish it (that's a rarity, I tend to jump around from game to game). It takes some figuring out..using the magic glasses to 'change' the scene and all that, and the fragments can be devilishly hard to find. Overall a very challenging game but I really enjoyed it and felt a sense of accomplishment when I finished.

Definitely a great buy for $2.99.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 17, 11 9:46 AM
When I did the demo, the game was very draggy, so I changed the custom arrow and then it was fine.

Zoesgran
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

[Post New]by Zoesgran on Sep 17, 11 12:21 PM
I never buy games that don't have a skip button. When I was in the observatory there were two pipe like mini games. I hate pipe mini games with a passion because I just can't do them. I looked all over for a skip button but the only thing I found was a replay (reset) button so it's not a buy for me, and I am disappointed because it looks a great game.

[Post New]by arizona_grandma on Sep 17, 11 12:37 PM
I got thrown out of the game on both my XP and Windows 7. I really wanted to buy this for $2.99 but if I can't play it, I can't buy it. And, there's no way to get in touch with big fish until Monday.

[Post New]by Ashton7 on Sep 17, 11 2:01 PM
arizona_grandma wrote:I got thrown out of the game on both my XP and Windows 7. I really wanted to buy this for $2.99 but if I can't play it, I can't buy it. And, there's no way to get in touch with big fish until Monday.

Hi. Could you just go ahead and buy it to get the DD and then contact them on Monday with the technical issue(s)? Won't they refund the money if you can't get it to work?

NavyMom90
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by NavyMom90 on Sep 17, 11 2:30 PM
Ashton7 wrote:
arizona_grandma wrote:I got thrown out of the game on both my XP and Windows 7. I really wanted to buy this for $2.99 but if I can't play it, I can't buy it. And, there's no way to get in touch with big fish until Monday.

Hi. Could you just go ahead and buy it to get the DD and then contact them on Monday with the technical issue(s)? Won't they refund the money if you can't get it to work?

In my experience they will issue you a code for a free game if they cannot help you resolve the tech issues.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 17, 11 4:24 PM

I played this stupid game okay in trial and now that I have purchased it, I CAN'T. Something fishie going on.

What really ticks me off is that I played the sequal to it : Moon Light all the way thru. It is not my PC either as everything is up to date. Plaenty of GB's left 400+ so I know space is not the issue. Always our PC and not the game or web site.

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 4:26:21 PM PST

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 17, 11 4:28 PM
Ashton7 wrote:

it took me over 2 + weeks to get my money refunded. but not long for them to take it.

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on Sep 17, 11 7:35 PM
Zoesgran wrote:I never buy games that don't have a skip button. When I was in the observatory there were two pipe like mini games. I hate pipe mini games with a passion because I just can't do them. I looked all over for a skip button but the only thing I found was a replay (reset) button so it's not a buy for me, and I am disappointed because it looks a great game.

The skip bar is just above the restart button...it takes a little while to fill up

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 17, 11 9:13 PM
crazy8club wrote:
Ashton7 wrote:

it took me over 2 + weeks to get my money refunded. but not long for them to take it.

I go through Live CE and always get the offer of a free code (not time limited), I think it might be easier for them that way.Good for antyother game.
"Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick" (That's what my Grampa use to say,) Hey, works for me.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 17, 11 10:32 PM
Was a little concerned about this game after reading the tech issues some fishies were having. However, I already have a couple in the series and wanted to try this one. I d/led with no problems in a reasonable amount of time. Played the game for 28 minutes with no tech problems at all. I closed out of the game and went back to it much later and it opened right back where I had left off. I enjoyed the game as I had others in the series so it is a buy for me. I am sorry so many are having problems with the game. I am running XP on an older HP pc. I will edit this if I have any problems after I purchase the game if I have any problems at that time as some have played the demo fine but had problems later.
Happy Gaming All

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Sep 18, 11 2:28 PM
I'm enjoying this one too, and have no technical problems.

I have to laugh at some people saying the illusion bit is frustrating....for me, that's what makes the game unusual and different to play.
It's like having a morphing screen instead of just morphing objects, although it is much more straightforward once you have got the magic glasses instead of having to keep transforming something in the scene. That was a bit confusing.

I have to say that for me, there are some straightforward FROGS which are more helpful in telling you where you're "at" like Flux Family Secrets - The Ripple Effect, and the under-rated Romance of Rome (OK it's not exciting but it's logical and pretty to look at) . And there are better "morphing" FROGS like the first Snarkbusters and Mystery of Mortlake Mansion.

But this is still enjoyable. The graphics remind me a bit of Samantha Swift. It's kept me busy for 2 evenings and I'm only just starting chapter 3. Well worth the DD price

[Post New]by mamaemily on Sep 18, 11 8:03 PM
I have been stuck for 2 days on level 2 scene 2 .I need the last candle to light lanterns & the kings seal
and in level 2 scene 3 i know if i find the last step to the ladder i could pass to the next scene 4.
I could really use some advice right about now please

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Oct 6, 11 7:09 PM
I almost deleted this game when I first started playing it ,it takes a while to figure out ,but once I got the hang of it I really enjoyed it ...Bought it ! Played it! Loved it!

Go to: