bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Grim Tales: The Bride technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 17, 11 10:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

kpearson1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Bride technical issues here only

[Post New]by kpearson1 on Sep 18, 11 4:52 PM
My game keeps shuting down it never did that until I update it to the new one

[Post New]by Snoopchic44 on Sep 18, 11 9:53 PM
I just re installed because of the mechanism issue. I thought the problem I'm having would be resloved, yet it isn't. It is SUPER glitchy! If the cursor is in the field it is the pictures jump around, horribly! Especially bad when I go back towards me, or where I have been. JUMPS like crazy! I have well over what is needed to play the game, and no other game is doing this! HELP! I just want to see if I'm alone

[Post New]by Corysgirl on Sep 19, 11 3:01 PM
I got as far as the puzzle in the first chapter where you have to move the 4 colored squares to their matching colored centers and totally locked up. Had to use the task manager to get out of it. Due to all the problems people are having, I waited to download this game until there was a new build. I downloaded it yesterday, after the message on the 17th about the new version, but apparently the problems aren't fixed.

[Post New]by sistermorphine on Sep 20, 11 4:56 PM
I got the puzzle freeze in the first chapter too, though oddly only when I was playing it through the second time. Closing out and rebooting the game did NOT fix it. Glad to hear I'm not the only one; hopefully it'll be fixed soon or I'll be asking for my credit back!

(Otherwise am v happy customer!)

[Post New]by addedtouchfloral on Sep 21, 11 11:36 AM
I can not pull the lever in the hankerchief chapter. The lever is installed and the rusthas been removed and no matter where i click nothing happens. Also the games flickers all the time

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Sep 21, 11 9:12 PM
Half the time when I try to zoom in on something it comes up in a box on the screen and freezes, also my game keeps shutting down telling me I own this game and can play without any time limits. I am getting a refund, this is too irritating!

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Sep 23, 11 12:24 AM
uninstalling and reinstalling the new updated one fixed all my problems.

rpggramma
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rpggramma on Sep 23, 11 12:32 AM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled game. Did not help; game is still locked at the RIP puzzle!!!??? The new game picked up where I left off on the old game!!!
I suppose I have to start over; which I hate!!

nosake
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nosake on Sep 23, 11 3:21 AM
Snoopchic44 wrote:I just re installed because of the mechanism issue. I thought the problem I'm having would be resloved, yet it isn't. It is SUPER glitchy! If the cursor is in the field it is the pictures jump around, horribly! Especially bad when I go back towards me, or where I have been. JUMPS like crazy! I have well over what is needed to play the game, and no other game is doing this! HELP! I just want to see if I'm alone

Having exactly same problem. Worse than annoying!

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Sep 23, 11 9:13 AM
having problems with game freezing on sliding box puzzles have to close game with task manager when i go back in it is still in same place with same problem only downloaded a couple of days ago so it should be new version shouldnt it im on free trial at t he moment really enjoying it but now dont think i dare buy it

karatopa

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLent on Sep 28, 11 1:13 PM
I applied both the oilcan and the lever to the device to lower the platform. Still says needs oil and lever????

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Oct 1, 11 7:29 PM
I, too, got stuck on the moving squares game. I uninstalled, downloaded the new version and started the game from the beginning. I got to the problem game, played for a while and then it froze up, just like before. I had to use Task Manager to close the game.

When can we expect a fix for this problem?

[Post New]by tandilicious on Oct 2, 11 5:34 AM
I'm having the same problem with the sliding box game. Freezing up. Glad to know it's not just me. I hope we can find a solution! This is the first game I've bought and I don't want to be discouraged from buying more.

[Post New]by kairee_anne on Oct 2, 11 6:02 PM
Ditto with the sliding game in the first section freezing. Is anyone doing anything about it?

jordway
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jordway on Oct 3, 11 8:04 AM
I am also having the problem with the game freezing while playing the sliding box game. Please fix this!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 3, 11 10:41 AM
Hello everyone,

For those of you experiencing a crash in the game or a jumpy cursor, please check to see if an update to your computer might help; here is a help article with those steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

It sounds like a number of you are seeing a freeze in the game after the sliding squares mini-game. If you have already uninstalled and reinstalled your game and have started over with a new player profile, but still cannot proceed, please get in touch with Tech Support with the steps you've taken and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Linkar on Oct 4, 11 7:05 PM
I can not pull the lever in the hankerchief chapter. The lever is installed and the rust has been removed and no matter where I click nothing happens

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Oct 9, 11 12:43 AM
For what it's worth, I too had the sliding puzzle problem the RIP/gravestone puzzle hanging where no other action was possible except bringing up the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete in XP) or shutting off the computer. I wrote to customer service and my experience may (or may not) help others.

My experience has been on the version released Sept. 17, 2011.

It had nothing to do with drivers or profiles, game play up to the puzzle or (as far as I can tell) firewall or virus protection - at least on my machine. My take is that it is either putting one piece into place at the start or (more likely?) moving 1 piece multiple times causes the program to become confused.

And yes, if I alt+tab out of the game and back in, I see the Pause notice, but that's to be expected. I haven't seen it without leaving the program.

Anyway, for at least my machine I can guarantee that this sequence will cause the game to hang:

green right, yellow down, Gd, Rd, Gl, Bd, Br, Bd, Bl.
So don't do that!

As far as mechanism one goes, the lever/hoist. I did not have that problem. Have the oil AND the lever in inventory. Apply oil to center of machine. Apply lever to right side. If it works, the cutscene will show the lever being pulled.

Another problem I had that I haven't seen elsewhere was the well vials problem. When you get to that puzzle, be sure to read the Info first. I didn't and was just playing around. Of course, the darned thing froze. But in this one I was lucky. The skip button worked as well as the menu button. So you can get past this one if it happens to you. I'm convinced it's the sequence of steps that cause these puzzles to freeze. (of course, only the programmer knows for sure ..... )

Good luck all! It's actually a fun game.

[Post New]by echohawk on Oct 21, 11 8:05 AM
I had originally downloaded and installed the "trial" version of this game and, after creating my "profile", played it for a short while. During the "trial" session, I did not encounter any problems with the game and decided to purchase and install the full version of the "standard edition". As with many other BF games in which I first tried them before purchasing, I did not uninstall the trial version before downloading and installing the full version, thereby keeping my profile and the game progress which I had previously made when playing the trial. As I expected when starting to play the newly downloaded full version game, it had kept my profile and picked up at the point where I had left off when previously playing the trial version. Things went well for a while but then reached a point where the program "froze up". After several "reboots" and "power cycling" of the computer without success, I consulted the BF game forum and found that this was a problem being experienced by others. One of the suggested solutions was to uninstall the game and download the most current "updated" version of the game, presumably containing "fixes" for this problem. Since I had just downloaded the latest full version, I assumed that it contained these fixes yet I was still having the problem. It then occurred to me that the problem might not be in the updated software but in any residual code or data that remained of the original "profile" and game saves from the "trial" version. I then deleted the old profile and created a new one. This also meant that I had to start the game over from the beginning but it seems to have worked. I am now well into the game without any further problems. Conclusion: The problems which might have existed in the earlier full version of the game still exist in the "trial" version but are now "fixed" in the updated full version. If you play the trial verson and then decide to purchase the full version, uninstall the trail version before installing the updated full version.

Go to: