ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Telescope Zodiac

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Sep 17, 11 1:30 PM
I'm enjoying the game but had to resort to the walkthrough when I hit the telescope. Did I miss a book or chart somewhere that shows you zodiac symbols and elemental designations? I can't believe that is supposed to be common knowledge and was clueless. Otherwise, a great game so far!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Telescope Zodiac

[Post New]by vingilot on Sep 17, 11 5:28 PM
If you look closely, some of the constellations are numbered and shows the corresponding sign to that number. The color of the constellation determines which element it belongs to.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Sep 17, 11 5:57 PM
Well maybe that would have helped me. I was totally lost even with theWT. I couldn't figure that puzzle out for anything and I do hate to skip them!!

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Sep 18, 11 12:51 AM
I am lost also. I still have not been able to figure out how to do this puzzle. I believe that I am doing it correctly but can't get it to work.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Sep 18, 11 6:57 AM
This one had me confused also. I had the general idea, but kept messing up because I didn't recognize the significance of the colors. Here's what to do:

Find a zodiac that is numbered. Look for the sign on the zodiac related to that number. Line the number up with that sign on the decoder.

Look at the color of the zodiac. The color corresponds to an element. Find the element, which is also numbered. Use the decoder to find the sign that corresponds to the number for that element. Set the sign for that element only.

Then move on to the next numbered zodiac and repeat these steps until all the elements are assigned the correct sign.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Sep 22, 11 2:06 AM
I too found the instructions for this puzzle confusing. Finally saw what I was doing wrong and it all made sense!

After finding the numbered zodiac, you dial in the decoder to match the number on the constellation with the symbol on the constellation. Piece of cake, but it was the next step that threw me - I couldn't see what the numbers below the element signs (fire, air, water, earth) had to do with anything.

Then it hit me - when the decoder is set according to the constellation, you then look to see what symbol is represented under the number below the element sign belonging to that constellation, and that is the symbol you enter, not the symbol that represents the constellation itself. For example, your fire constellation is #10, but there is a #2 under FIRE. Forget the symbol under the ten - it is just used to set the decoder so you can see what symbol is under #2, and that's the symbol you enter. In other words, what symbol are they looking for if you line up the decoder according to the constellations, then check the number under the element sign?

Hope that helps anyone tearing out as much hair as I did!

CndnPhoenix
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by CndnPhoenix on Aug 12, 13 5:49 AM
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo stuck until I found this post. Thank you, vingilot.

Go to: