Sissy79
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Kicking me back to game manager....

[Post New]by Sissy79 on Sep 17, 11 2:15 PM
Hi again...So, I gave my kudos on this game while I was downloading the full version, (and I am NOT taking back ANY THING I said about this game!)...but when I went back to play again, about 10-25 seconds into game play, it kicks me off and back to game manager. No warning, no "violations" error message...I don't go back to the menu of the game...I just go straight to the game manager. Any one else having this problem? I did complete the demo with NO problems, and am at the part where I need to shut off the rain coming from the weather machine. Any suggestions? In the mean time, I will try to uninstall and reinstall to see what happens! Wish me luck... I REALLY like this game. Thanks in advance!! Also, happy gaming to everyone else not having any problems!
Cheers
Sissy

Re:Kicking me back to game manager....

[Post New]by Legolass on Sep 17, 11 2:47 PM
Same here. After 25-30 seconds the monitor goes black and I'm back to Game Manager. No error message, just you own this game and play again. I'd love to but I've tried 9 or 10 times with the same result. How did this game go so wrong without anyone catching this problem?

[Post New]by dedee2500 on Sep 17, 11 2:50 PM
I'm still in demo mode and I can play for 1 minute and it kicks me back to game manager. I cleared the cache temporary internet files other things. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Didn't help. I wantto play this game more than 1 minute at a time. This could be the longest game in history if it boots me off every minute. LOL HELP

[Post New]by christinesav on Sep 17, 11 2:56 PM
ok, same for me, but today it is happening with ALL the games that I have tried to play,

I am just relieved that I checked here first, as I was just starting to panic that something was wrong with my pc !!

Each game that I have tried today has suddenly cut off after about 5 minutes for no reason.

As this is happening to others, then I must assume that it is a BFG problem ????

[Post New]by zoomie on Sep 17, 11 2:59 PM
same here.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Sep 17, 11 3:03 PM
You should report the problem you are having to Customer Services; as it is the weekend live chat is not open but if you click on the green envelope on the right of this screen

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 17, 11 3:05 PM
It is a BFG server-side problem and they are aware of it.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 17, 11 3:24 PM
You might want to check the compatability of the game with your PC also.

It also makes me mad that I can't play a game. I make sure everything is updated and I defrag and also run a bug check every week.

The one thing I hate is when I get told it is my PC or something to do with it handling a game. I have almost 600 GB of free space so I know it will handle the big files. There were also some games on here that I had problems playing, but was lucky enough to find them at Wally World . I downloaded them and had no problem what so ever with them.

I also hate when you have to wait 72 hrs. before you get a response. Lost many a game that was on sale waiting for aresponse.

Sissy79
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Sissy79 on Sep 17, 11 3:41 PM
christinesav wrote:ok, same for me, but today it is happening with ALL the games that I have tried to play,

I am just relieved that I checked here first, as I was just starting to panic that something was wrong with my pc !!

Each game that I have tried today has suddenly cut off after about 5 minutes for no reason.

As this is happening to others, then I must assume that it is a BFG problem ????

Hiya, and thanks to everyone for letting me know it's not just me...but for christinesav, question...Is it just games that you've downloaded today, or all your games? I had a couple already downloaded and after reading your comment, tried to play one of them...I had no problem with it kicking me off. And for the response about weather or not my PC has everything needed, I too do a weekly check for bugs, virus', as well as a defragment and all around clean up once a week. I also have over 300GB of space over all with over 240GBs left for use...so I KNOW it's not my PC! Well...I'll wait to see if they've fixed this by Monday, and if not contact a live cs for faster service! I've always had REALLY great experience with the reps and foresee no problems with them taking care of this problem!! If I find something before then to help us all, I'll let everyone here know!
Cheers
Sissy

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 17, 11 3:46 PM
Mr_Russ, are they working on the problem and any idea when it will be fixed? We are an impatient lot, but addicts have to have their fix.

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Sep 17, 11 4:09 PM
hello everyone, i am also having a problem with the game, i just brought it and i am really upset, i'm in the basement with the music playing and ready to get down with a good game and i get a jump back every time to the manger page too, not happy , i sent BF a e-mail about it, someone said that all the games are doing this ? so i am about to go upstairs on my laptop and see if it is doing it on there too, also isn't this the weekend that you get a extra punch when you buy a game, that stucks too

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 17, 11 4:10 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:It is a BFG server-side problem and they are aware of it.

Thank you thank you for that info. I'm sure alot of fishies are disappointed at having a nice game such as this one and not being able to play it, me included.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 17, 11 4:14 PM
carolina67 wrote:Mr_Russ, are they working on the problem and any idea when it will be fixed? We are an impatient lot, but addicts have to have their fix.

Solice wrote:Just jumping in to let you know that we are investigating this now.
Thank you for posting!

The official response is in the "All Games Crashing" thread. No ETA for a fix as yet.

keeliesnanna
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by keeliesnanna on Sep 18, 11 12:16 AM
hi i had the same problem everytime i tried to play a game it would minimize and kick me back to game manager then someone (sorry i cant remember who ) told me to close my game manager after i started the game and all should be well i have to say that this did work for me i hope this helps

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 18, 11 1:51 AM
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/178545.page

It's a McAfee problem.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 18, 11 3:28 AM
It is NOT a McAfee problem. I just had their tech support person take over my computer and see what the games were doing. He disabled my McAfee and tried again and the same thing happened. He said it was a problem with BFG's software.

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Sep 18, 11 4:17 AM
I don't have McGaffee, either.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Sep 18, 11 6:31 AM
Just downloaded the demo and - lo and behold - same problem as everyone else here. This is the first I've experienced being kicked out of a game throughout my tenure with BF!! Well, I can only say that with a game this size - at the SE level - from such a reputable developer. . should've figured there'd be some sort of snag at the $6.99 price!! The game DOES look good ( Elephant Games) and look forward to the 'fix/patch' so we can all play. Hmmpf...guess I'll have to reinstall 'Enigmatus' and continue playing that one (talk about being a looooong game and, Lord knows, Sherlock Holmes I most definately am NOT!!). Happy Sunday and have a good week, everyone!!

AAAAAND, might I also add. . .with this being BF's Bonus Punch weekend, it would've given me another full punch card. Gee Whiiiiz, Felix!!!

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 6:44:28 AM PST

rowan987
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

[Post New]by rowan987 on Sep 18, 11 7:50 AM
I've had the same problem, I just play for a short while then get sent back to the game manager. I've finished the hidden object game 3 or 4 times now.

[Post New]by mam1mac on Sep 18, 11 3:57 PM
I just bought this game and am having the same problem with getting a black screen then back to game manager. Have tried playing several times but same thing happens.

Go to: