bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign CE! Sept. 17, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 17, 11 3:52 PM
We have a new version of Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes the key in Ward 7 and not being able to collect footprints in the last Hidden Object scene.

We apologize greatly for the trouble and appreciate your patience. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*You may need to start over with a new player profile for all changes to take effect.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 04/03/2012 at 4:44:26 PM PST

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign CE! Sept. 17, 2011.

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Sep 17, 11 7:37 PM
Thank you to you and the developers for the fix!

I went back in with the same stuck profile and clicked on the footprints and it worked great!

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign CE! Sept. 17, 2011.

[Post New]by PiratesBelay on Sep 17, 11 7:42 PM
Great, just got through Ward Door 7, the Fix is in....

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 17, 11 7:44 PM
Thank you BF ... I knew you wouldn't let me down!

Great team work

Judy

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,127 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 17, 11 7:47 PM
Well, I didn't have to find the footprints - so I guess the objects are randomised. But my ward key actually worked this time and I didn't have to start a new proffile.
Thank-you for such a quick fix.
Cheers

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 18, 11 3:18 AM
I have to start a new profile. I'm trying to click on the "footprints" and its a no-go! I wonder why some didn't have to start a new profile, while I do?

Oh well, guess I must start all the way over, I'm glad BF did get a patch for this game in a very timely manor though.

[Post New]by DragonAscending on Sep 18, 11 7:24 AM
Still having problems! Played through on the trial version with no difficulties. Purchased the game and on the second time through, the footprints wouldn't click. Uninstalled the game and now I've had problems with the voodoo card not being accepted where it is supposed to be matched up with the reference book. Finally got that to work, but am not in the forms office looking for Paul Seeker and the lady at window 1 won't take form number three. If it weren't for successive problems with this game, I would really love it. Great graphics, good story line, etc. If you are buying, I'd wait until all the problems are fixed however.

[Post New]by nel_ton on Sep 18, 11 1:18 PM
For the ones who don't want to update, you can fix the footprints as followed.
Go to the dir where Voodoo Chronicles is installed and then go to "data\textures\locations\041_spirit_altar\H O\objects". Here you'll find "dog.png", resize this png to 10x10 and you can now click on the footprints.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 1:19:44 PM PST

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 18, 11 4:55 PM
Thanks nel ton ... but it wouldn't allow me to change the pixels .. although I am the "administrator" it wouldn't save my changes.

Thanks though, that would have been awsome if my computer would have let me resize the pic!

Judy

dubbe181
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by dubbe181 on Sep 19, 11 10:43 AM
I have noticed theproblem, was even a litle bit angry. I unstall en reinstall
the game but the problem is still not solved. ???

[Post New]by JKing88 on Sep 20, 11 8:53 PM
ghostguide2002 wrote:Thanks nel ton ... but it wouldn't allow me to change the pixels .. although I am the "administrator" it wouldn't save my changes.

Thanks though, that would have been awsome if my computer would have let me resize the pic!

Judy

drag the picture to your desktop, edit and save from there then place it back in the folder

[Post New]by crypticsolofawn on Sep 21, 11 11:00 PM
Did the uninstall/install and still can't get "footprints." and until I do, can't do anything else.

[Post New]by zerolimits3 on Oct 3, 11 3:28 PM
Thankyou BF, Completed the game

[Post New]by jailbird400 on Oct 3, 11 3:42 PM
I did have to start all over again, But I got through it just fine the second time around.

UPDATE! New version available for Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign CE! Sept. 17, 2011.

[Post New]by dyna456 on Nov 5, 11 10:29 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:We have a new version of Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes the key in Ward 7 and not being able to collect footprints in the last Hidden Object scene.

We apologize greatly for the trouble and appreciate your patience. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

*You may need to start over with a new player profile for all changes to take effect.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

[Post New]by dyna456 on Nov 5, 11 10:31 PM
I have reistalled and am still stopped. the kitty has turned into a Kitty dish and the wallet is still in the inventory and I am going no where. How frustrating.

[Post New]by Zurreen on Nov 11, 11 4:17 AM
Yes, that would solve my problem all right. I'm supposed to go in Ward 7, but no gear icon appears on the keyhole and the game "refuses" to take my key. But I didn't buy the game online! So how can I benefit from this update???

Please, respond ASAP as this is most frustrating indeed ...

Thanks.

[Post New]by nefertiti62 on Nov 15, 11 8:47 AM
i am stuck in the warehouse how do i open the door?

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Nov 25, 11 10:48 PM
I started the game, but couldnt get the handle for the fridge as the cat was lying on it!

[Post New]by Zurreen on Nov 30, 11 8:29 PM
Hi.

I got the new version, but it doesn't seem to work at all. Here is what I did. I uninstalled the old disk, installed the new one, and checked to see if I could get the stuck profile to work. You know, like one of the people in the forum who got their "stuck profile" to work. Well, it didn't. So I deleted my old profile, created a new one, and played the game from the beginning. It took me a long while to get to Ward 7, but guess what? It still didn't work! I can't tell you how much that upsets me. I mean I didn't purchase the game online. I get all my games from local stores. So it took me practically forever to get the so-called new version too. But, even after all the wait and the effort I put in, it still doesn't work!

Please, help -- and respond ASAP. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Zurreen

Go to: