Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Post any Youda Fisherman technical issues here only

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Sep 17, 11 5:03 PM
Am I the only one to have a problem with this game I don't see a discussion on this one for Technical Issues lol. Not sure what is going on I read all the reviews and was anxious to play the game but everytime I try to start the first level the game just closes on me.I Unistalled and reinstalled but that didn't help. Thank goodness I didn't buy it without trying it.

Edited on 09/20/2011 at 4:56:15 PM PST

I can't even start the game

[Post New]by huien01 on Sep 17, 11 11:13 PM
Now this is frustrating. I can't even start the game. Considering I run Win7 with a i7 core, it can't be because my pc is too old. Wonder what's up...

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Technical

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Sep 18, 11 5:50 AM
Strangely enough, I started having problems running both Youda Fisherman and Youda Survivor 2. I would open the game, and within one minute the game would close. This started happening yesterday morning, as far as I can tell, but Youda Survivor 2 was playing fine before that. Nothing on my computer has changed in the past two days.

Edit: The only game that I have been able to play successfully in the past 24 hours is Trade Mania. Every other game shuts down within a minute.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 6:05:14 AM PST

[Post New]by austin401 on Sep 18, 11 9:42 AM
I'm having the same issue. Has anyone received any news on this?

[Post New]by jodeealuvsBFish on Sep 18, 11 11:31 AM
same problem with me - has anyone written to Bigfish about this problem?

Brela
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Brela on Sep 18, 11 12:12 PM
Same problem only I just bought the game was going to buy another for free punch on game card but not if nothing is working

[Post New]by Rhymey on Sep 19, 11 7:16 PM
I'm having a problem, too - was playing about an hour tonight and now it just shuts off after a minute or two.

[Post New]by charmous on Sep 20, 11 12:52 PM
Ok, I'm a bit peeved. I sent in a complaint to big fish and all they did was point to the posts that are in this forum. Now there is a bigger issue, my games crash in the middle and this is supposedly due to Mcafee which is sort of strange as, I have mcafee on all my computers and the only one affected is my desktop (HP s5703w), my Toshiba satellite pro and my Toshiba Qosmio 890 both work fine with Mcafee installed.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Youda Fisherman technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 20, 11 4:52 PM
Hi fishies,

Wow, I don't know how we missed this one , but I'll go ahead and sticky this thread to make sure this Game Forum has an official tech issues thread.

Thanks!

--------------------------------

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 20, 11 4:55 PM
abaumga2 wrote:Strangely enough, I started having problems running both Youda Fisherman and Youda Survivor 2. I would open the game, and within one minute the game would close. This started happening yesterday morning, as far as I can tell, but Youda Survivor 2 was playing fine before that. Nothing on my computer has changed in the past two days.

Hi abaumga2,

It sounds like you may be experiencing an issue that recently popped up related to McAfee Security software, but not to worry, we have a fix for this!

Please click on the link below for more information:

Updates on the McAfee related crash issue

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

pkw509
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Level 44

[Post New]by pkw509 on Sep 20, 11 7:39 PM
Same issue as everyone else - cannot buy iron bars in level 44.

viv72
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by viv72 on Sep 21, 11 10:56 PM
having trouble on level 44 - last goal of level is to collect 2k iron bars..... how am i meant to get them? you cant sell goods for them and cant trade for them either. SO frustrating!

there seems to already be a thread on this, but when i click to view im told it doesnt exist so not sure if an answer has been posted there already.

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 11:00:01 PM PST

khandersuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by khandersuk on Sep 22, 11 12:14 AM
RE: level 44

I played through the game once and it was fine. I started another game on a new profile and on level 44, the option to buy metal bars was not there. I went back to look at that level on my first profile, and it was there. I have since deleted both profiles and played through where level 44 was fine again. It's definitely a bug somewhere.

Demenshia
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Demenshia on Sep 22, 11 9:05 AM
I got all the way up to lvl 49 and cannot complete the game because the guy in the market is not there. He shows up with a pirate flag if I go the the screen to trade for the specialty goods (his icon brightens but you can't actual trade with him). But if I try to send the ransom goods to him in the regular ship his icon is darkened out and I can only sell for wood.

I really don't feel like playing the whole game over again and just hoping I can complete it the next go around. I would have used my credit on a different game had I known, but buy the time people started reporting this issue I had already bought the game

rhodiemom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rhodiemom on Sep 22, 11 7:16 PM
Having the same problem on level 49 as Demenshia. Can't trade with or deliver to the pirate. I can't complete the level unless I can get the goods to him. Any ideas anyone?

[Post New]by ringobabe on Sep 22, 11 10:43 PM
I'm having the same problem as rhodiemom and Demenshia. I went through the whole game once, and then was doing it again to get all golds. But on the last level, and on two others near the end, I can't send ransom/blockade stuff, because there is no icon.

I can still sell stuff to the wood guy, and the ransom guy icon is showing up on the other (buy and trade) side, with an un-selectable icon.

[Post New]by lisette_weber on Sep 23, 11 2:40 PM
Hi, having problems with the last level (nr 50) I can not deliver the pirate stuff / ransom / wishes... The girl with the pirate flag is not there. Who can help me, I really want to finish the game!

[Post New]by dngminds on Sep 24, 11 8:51 AM
I am having the same issue with level 44 and not being able to buy the iron bars. What is it that needs to be done to fix this??

[Post New]by camisinsanity on Sep 25, 11 10:11 AM
Any word on a game update. Hopefully there will be one soon.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 26, 11 9:25 AM
Hello everyone,

A new build is now available for this game. This new version of the game fixes several issues after Level 40.

If you would like to install this version, please uninstall and reinstall your game. If you continue to have issues, please get in touch with Tech Support. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: